Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 38

This has been very useful. Thanks for the good work. Any updates?

This addon appears to not work in MoP. I've been trying to work out what broke as it is fairly simple and I'd like to fix it.

I'd like confirmation either that it is broken for other people or that someone has fixed it. Many thanks,

Apparently the non-functionality is related to some other issues with inspecting. I expect the addon requires a considerable re-write.

I will take a stab at getting this to work... wish me luck.

Unfortunately, it appears that you can only get immediate item info for either yourself, or someone you have targetted. I'm trying to see if there is an easy way to have a dialog where you can drag/drop an icon and see if I can derive the information that way. I'm not hopeful, however. And creating a dialog requires a bit more work to figure out, so it will probably take a bit.

I also tried looking at this. I couldnt get it to work with anything other then using the 'player' setting. even target wasnt working.

I did read that waiting for the inspect to happen (calling a function, cant remember off the top of my head) before spitting out the results would get it to work but I couldnt figure it out.

I did think about adding a addon channel and just sending the player gear to that channel for the rest of that team to see, but to much work of my lack of knowledge and gave up.

Eureka! I was able to get this working by using addon communications. Basically, I keep a catalogue of the gear for all party members in memory so that when a tooltip is shown, the data is available instantly. The downside, is that I have to keep the data in sync, and the only way I could think of was to hook into the events for party member changing, and zone loading, as well as a slash command. I suspect there will be a good bit of tweaking to get that part right.

The good news is that you don't need to be within inspect range for it work, and the regular equip compare functionality appears to be uneffected by this addon.

At this point, it's an alpha version, and once I run it through some paces, I'll try and distribute it. Will I be able to post the files here?

Things are moving along very well. I've added stat comparisons, which got quite large for a full team, so I made it so the new tooltip data only shows up when you hold down the alt key. I haven't tried it with all my other addons disabled yet, so there may yet be some issues, but I think I'm very close to an initial beta release.

Here are a couple screen shots of what I've got so far:

Name:  TeamEquipCompare1.gif
Views: 432
Size:  9.7 KBName:  TeamEquipCompare2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  12.9 KBName:  TeamEquipCompare3.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  13.6 KB