Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 43 of 43

I have a masters degree in software engineering; I have a handful of text editors. I've used Epsilon (a dos/windows version of emacs) for decades and I'm pretty happy with Sublime Text 2. I also have various specific XML tools (Stylus Studio, XMLSpy) but I don't pull them out for simple tasks.

As I think about it, though, running Windows Server 2012 as my desktop is new to me, and it is probably trying to protect the contents of the Program Files folders. I didn't think about that when I tried to save the file and had to stop and run the editor as an administrator in order to get the file to save. I assumed that Lavish was protecting the files.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    I didn't think about that when I tried to save the file and had to stop and run the editor as an administrator in order to get the file to save. I assumed that Lavish was protecting the files.
    I would assume only if you were currently running the Character Set at the time of editing the file, or if your files were installed into the default location of "Program Files" where Windows usually forces write-protection on all files and sub-directories in that folder.

I first assumed choice a), but after stopping the game (and indeed, stopping inner space) I still couldn't save, but I *did* install into the default Program Files folder tree. Thanks for all the help.