Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 43

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    So different resolutions buy cursor responds as though they are the same? Maybe a video of this would help....
    See the video linked in JackBurton's post below yours. Notice how the the video feeds of the minimaps on the slaves look the same as those on the main? If I understand things correctly, trying to do that with your setup would result in very low-res minimaps because the windows supplying those feeds are small. With the setup I describe above the feeds are at the same resolution as the main window (as they are in MiRai's video) because they are as coming from full-size windows.

Unfortunately, that means you lose the little windows along the bottom of your screen (they are now large and behind your main window). But fortunately (or by Lax's great design), you can recreate them using video feeds. That is much of what I describe in my guide.

That's about the best explanation I can give you. Maybe someone else can have a go at making it clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alge View Post
    See the video linked in JackBurton's post below yours. Notice how the the video feeds of the minimaps on the slaves look the same as those on the main? If I understand things correctly, trying to do that with your setup would result in very low-res minimaps because the windows supplying those feeds are small. With the setup I describe above the feeds are at the same resolution as the main window (as they are in MiRai's video) because they are as coming from full-size windows.

Unfortunately, that means you lose the little windows along the bottom of your screen (they are now large and behind your main window). But fortunately (or by Lax's great design), you can recreate them using video feeds. That is much of what I describe in my guide.

That's about the best explanation I can give you. Maybe someone else can have a go at making it clearer.

So on video feeds, is performance affected due to having full size windows sitting behind the main screen? Also how does the number of video feeds affect performance?

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    So on video feeds, is performance affected due to having full size windows sitting behind the main screen? Also how does the number of video feeds affect performance?
    The majority of ISBoxer users are already using full size windows. The window layouts typically scale them down from the full size, while leaving them rendering at full size. So there will not be a noticeable change in performance from the Window Layout change unless he is rendering the full size of the screen now, where previously a small part of the screen was cut for the other windows.

Video feed performance is likely to be different for different people, probably with a CPU bottleneck. This question is something that will be answered over time as people tell us about their experience.

Also, some documentation on the feature: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_Feed
    For anyone who wants to try out video feeds, using the in-game interface as explained in that link is going to be the quickest and easiest way to get started (e.g. quickly add a feed showing the minimap in another window, while you play, without having to run ISBoxer, figure out how to set something up, export, etc). The advantage to the method in this thread is additional control and flexibility.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The majority of ISBoxer users are already using full size windows. The window layouts typically scale them down from the full size, while leaving them rendering at full size. So there will not be a noticeable change in performance from the Window Layout change unless he is rendering the full size of the screen now, where previously a small part of the screen was cut for the other windows.

Video feed performance is likely to be different for different people, probably with a CPU bottleneck. This question is something that will be answered over time as people tell us about their experience.

Also, some documentation on the feature: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_Feed
    For anyone who wants to try out video feeds, using the in-game interface as explained in that link is going to be the quickest and easiest way to get started (e.g. quickly add a feed showing the minimap in another window, while you play, without having to run ISBoxer, figure out how to set something up, export, etc). The advantage to the method in this thread is additional control and flexibility.
    My thought goes to my laptop which I currently use for some light Wow when I am watching tv and so wondering if it was worth looking at feeds for it. From the sound of it the feeds would kill the laptop cpu which is already getting maxed with the regular window setups.

I noticed my Innerspace updated last nite when I logged on...is this feature implemented yet, or is this from the beta?
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

Quote Originally Posted by Siaea View Post
    I noticed my Innerspace updated last nite when I logged on...is this feature implemented yet, or is this from the beta?
    ISBoxer 38 is released (feature available), I am working on updating web pages with current info and announcements. It was quietly released this weekend so I could take care of bugs before everyone rushes in now
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by Siaea View Post
    It got implemented, I only use the release versions and it downloaded for my setup also. My only confusion with the new build is that the multiple window templates are not as intuitive as previous setups were. Otherwise everything seems to be running fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    I can run 4 full screen feeds, 4 small feeds and a 1/9 screen size cursor feed all without any problems. In fact, while I was setting this up I changed from 30/15 FPS to 60/30 and haven't had any issues. I'm planning to add some more feeds and will post if/when I run into issues.

This seems a little confusing but can you add a video feed off on another. Monitor to mimic a window layout? I prefer to keep my four semi large windows but still want to use video feeds. Can't stand the little windows.at the bottom. Of the screen though

Quote Originally Posted by ghonosyph View Post
    This seems a little confusing but can you add a video feed off on another. Monitor to mimic a window layout? I prefer to keep my four semi large windows but still want to use video feeds. Can't stand the little windows.at the bottom. Of the screen though
    You can keep your window layout on multiple monitors, and use video feeds. You don't need to do anything special.

People who use 1 monitor, in order to use high quality video feeds, will want to either not use a window layout at all, or use the Scaled full screen window layout choice from the wizard. Otherwise, the smaller windows will produce very low quality video feeds that don't scale back up. If you're already using multiple monitors, your smaller windows are probably already fairly large so that doesn't apply to you so much.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer