Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Gave BGs a green light

I'm using ISBoxer.
    I recently begun multiboxing with my 3 shamans. Thus far, I've been doing strictly PvE.

Today, I gave BG a go (at lvl 23), however the experience I had was rather poor, and I wish helpful people here could help me out on this one.
    My main problem seem to be movement. I know ISBoxer is capable of broadcasting mouse movement but I find it a bit clumsy and hard to use.
    I'd love to learn use it properly, though. For now, I just use it for simple tasks such as trade windows, talents and occasionally entering/leaving BG/dungeon depending on my macros.

I don't know yet (I admit, haven't had much time to study multiboxing, I'm still learning more accurate and easier ways to keep up my setup) how else to hit the target on all clients I want without following.
    So yes, on BGs I use follow macros constantly and when my main dies I basically start to struggle and get a bit confused.

I box 3 elemental shamans. Basically my binds are like so:

I hit 1 on current window (main) it broadcasts 1 on other clients and on current window it's just purely a Lightning Bolt, on other clients it's /target <main> /assist + /cast macro. I can't get on atm so I'm not able to copy paste them precisely, I'll gladly do if it's needed.
    On G7 (I've got G11 keyboard) I got 3 functions, 3 totems. On main it casts searing totem, 2nd client is earthbind totem and 3rd client is healstream totem.

Let 's have an example:
    I see lonely mage ahead, I rush in with my toons behind me, drop down totem set, LB, LB, Flame Shock, LB, LB, Earth Shock or Frost Shock, depending does target attempt to run away.
    Usually, this or slightly longer rotation with same principle takes care of it. If however mage had a healer with him, it gets a bit more complicated.

As I said, if my main were to die, I get slightly confused and basically I am a very easy target to the opponent. I always go back with my leftover toons to wait for my main to get back, probably worst idea ever but I honestly lack a clue here.
    I use action bar paging on 1-9 + 0,=, and - action bar , so if my main dies and I switch with ISBoxer to 2nd or 3rd client, it will broadcast a key combination of shift+2 = changing action bar page from 1 to 2.
    Page 1 has LBs, Flame shocks and such macros adjusted to target my main and assist him. Page 2 again has same spells but for personal usage only, not for assisting.

In frustration I respec'd to resto x3. Tried out healing, and it turned out pretty messy as well. On slaves using same idea of assisting, just this time with [help], 1-2 were healing spells 3-6 damaging spells.
    I really would love to PvP, but the thing is my setup (not hardware or toons, but gameplay) seems to be quite messed up or I'm executing something wrongly here.

Obviously tried search first, but with my keywords I couldn't come across any "pvp guide for ele noobs" or not really close enough my case either.

I wish you guys could help me out, even links to better guides and whatnot would be appreciated, cheers.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to ask. Are you using the basic FTL setup that ISBoxer provides, or are you using your own thing with in game macros for targeting?

ISBoxer + jamba = autofollow with shift + A.. and you can have strobing on so they don't stop following during combat.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

I'm using my own in-game macros for targetting, yes. ISBoxer basically handles only action bar paging when switching clients, I will jump and others will jump keybinds.

For now I use in-game macros, upon hitting F4/F5/F6 toons will follow as coded. I can't remember whether they follows or not during combat, they will autofollow after combat at least, but as far I recall strobing is not on, so they likely will not follow during combat then.

All I'm looking for is basically some sort of advises. What I could or should do else, because I definitely must do something wrong here.
    Perhaps I explained too vaguely and you have a image in your head there's nothing wrong with my gamestyle and everything should work just fine.
    Well, I can tell you everything is not going just fine, and I wish to get some help here.

Here's a bit more:
    If rogue gets my toon which is at end of the 'train', I manage to turn my main toward rogue but not my 2nd toon, because I basically am using only mouse for moving in multiboxing,
    because pressing WASD would broadcast it on other clients and that would not only move other toons but myself as well, and this is where everything goes wrong.
    Sometimes when I try to adjust angle of my toons be it mouse broadcast or keyboard, they mostly end up facing at awkward angles and rogue gets easy kills.

Blog Entries

I would suggest going with the default FTL targeting which is built in.
    That frees your Focus, Target and Party Leader functions, and still allows any toon to lead and the others follow/assist properly.

If for a specific encounter you want Focus or whatever.
    You can easily use a warcraft macro that targets Focus, or even modify the FTL stuff to not FTL Target for some keys.

Being able to insta-switch toons, and lead with anyone (if one is cylconed or whatever) is strong.

Definitely set up slave independent movement.

You could duplicate/copy the "Others Jump" keys.
    Target: Window all without current.

You could also have a mouse thumb button or easy to push key.
    Make it a two step key.
    Which activates the mouse (same as repeater basically), with a target of the not current windows.
    And deactivates on the next step for the same targets.
    Then set it to execute on press or release.
    Which is cumbersome in that your toons won't be sync'd entirely, but mouse turning is far faster then keyboard turning.

You'll want an IWT type key.

Again two steps, executed on press and release.
    Probably for all windows.

Press = IWT to everyone.
    Release = Down Arrow to everyone, which breaks the IWT movement.
    Need to set it to hold keystrokes while the key is held.

Then you can press the key, to recover from a Fear Bomb.
    Hold it until they're closer to the target, ie, regrouped.

Or when someone runs to the far side of your group press and release quickly.
    Which has them IWT (face and begin moving to the target) and then break the movement fast.

That is your basic software turning/facing options.

Melee in the group is always going to suck... and you don't have all of your tools to deal with them yet.

Dropping Magma Totems and doing Fire Nova can make it painful to be close.
    Thunderstorm can send them flying away from you.
    Stoneclaw, especially glyphed is a damage absorb shield.
    Earthbind can make re-closing slower, while you nuke them, and has a chance to root them in place.
    Then you do Thunderstorm number two; and number three after that.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I
    Thunderstorm can send them flying away from you.
    I'm sorry for not reading whole message, I'll do so once I get back home.

First of all, my shamans are lvl 33 as we speak.

Regarding the quote: Atm I have set Thunderstorm on one G-button. It basically works as it follows:
    Hit G17, it runs CTRL + NUM 7 on 1st client, 3 sec later (I've made a 3 sec delay between these)
    it runs CTRL + NUM 4 on 2nd client and 3 sec later it finally runs CTRL + NUM 1 on 3rd client.
    This works fairly well on PvE, but I haven't thought PvP yet and all I know for now is this will not work.

If I were to bind say 3 different buttons on G1 (for Thunderstorm, use main's Thunderstorm first, then slave #1's and finally slave #2's), how could I basically do it?
    I want it so when I press G1 first time, it would do spell on main only, when second time, slave #1 only etc.
    On the other hand, I think this is more plausible with ISBoxer than with Logitech G-Series Key Profiler, I just don't know how to pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadair View Post
    Regarding the quote: Atm I have set Thunderstorm on one G-button. It basically works as it follows:
    Hit G17, it runs CTRL + NUM 7 on 1st client, 3 sec later (I've made a 3 sec delay between these)
    it runs CTRL + NUM 4 on 2nd client and 3 sec later it finally runs CTRL + NUM 1 on 3rd client.
    STOP DOING THIS. YOU MIGHT GET BANNED!!!!

Sorry for CAPS, but we don't want you breaking Blizzard's rules and getting banned.
    NEVER NEVER NEVER program anything outside of WoW to use delays and multiple keypresses.

To clarify, each time you press a key, it should do only ONE thing and it should only be something you can already do in the game.
    i.e. since you can't program a delay in WoW to do one spell, wait the GCD and cast another spell (without pressing the key again), then you should not try to "get around" this with the G-keys macro maker

Edit - Even though you have the key sending to seperate clients after a delay, this may still be bannable. I'd suggest you change it to some kind of round-robin setup where on keypress 1, it sends to client 1, on 2nd keypress it goes to client 2, etc..
    Last edited by Bollwerk : 01-24-2011 at 03:04 PM

Blog Entries

You don't want anything with a delay.
    It is fine to go with a round robin effect, where push 1 = shaman 1, push 2 = shaman 2... etc.

But everything has to be a direct result of you pushing or releasing a key or a button with the effect occurring as you push or release.
    This is the distinction between using software to multibox and using software to bot; whether it is attended botting or not.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa