Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: New Server

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    The main thing that keeps me from playing this is movement / input seems so sluggish. Even solo playing.
    Movement was one thing that turned me off to LOTRO. I realize they're trying to give the game a more realistic feel, but if I want realistic I'll go for a walk outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    The main thing that keeps me from playing this is movement / input seems so sluggish. Even solo playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Movement was one thing that turned me off to LOTRO. I realize they're trying to give the game a more realistic feel, but if I want realistic I'll go for a walk outside.
    with you two on this.... feels like hitting head on wall multiple times.

well have to wait for star wars to go free maybe,

Hey Hey

Well I'm back on Gladden boxing 5 level 75 Hunter's and having a blast in PvP.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with LotRO being sluggish and hard to move people, I'm running my team with zero lag (Main ultra high gfx, slaves medium gfx)
    also the /follow in LotRO isn't great but I make it work pretty good, including formations etc for PvP.
    Tydra - Tydre - Tydri - Tydro - Tydru
    5 x Blackarrows Rank 7 - 5 x Hunters Level 100
    LOTRO - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about with LotRO being sluggish and hard to move people, I'm running my team with zero lag (Main ultra high gfx, slaves medium gfx)
    Lag from low FPS and sluggish movement built into the game engine, are two completely different things. In LOTRO, every time you begin to run, you first start off slow and quickly build up to run speed... kind of like real life where people don't burst into full sprints every time they move from point A to point B. I find the realism to be annoying because, as with any MMO, I'm constantly starting, stopping and then restarting movement, and it sorta falls into the uncanny valley -- While the attempt at realism is appreciated, it's really just weird, annoying, and makes the game feel sluggish.

Oh ok, well LotRO has been my only MMO for 5 years, so I can't really compare the movement to other games then.

But....... LotRO > WoW
    Tydra - Tydre - Tydri - Tydro - Tydru
    5 x Blackarrows Rank 7 - 5 x Hunters Level 100
    LOTRO - Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Oh ok, well LotRO has been my only MMO for 5 years, so I can't really compare the movement to other games then.

But....... LotRO > WoW
    Haha.

Everything in game was way bright. I have been playing LoTR War In the North for the last few days. 7 more days till GW2.

I miss boxing though. More of a challenge than most games.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>