Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Melee

Hi all - first post here, go easy on me.

I have Cmd + I set up as interact with target, which works perfectly. I've followed this guide:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/34145-Melee

However it doesn't seem to be working, and I can't work out why. Can someone check out my config file and help me? I've spent a couple of hours on this now! I've followed the entire guide down to the healer steps, skipped over that part and then exported etc. as per normal. I think I must have missed a critical link up somewhere.

My config file for ISBoxer is here:
    http://pastebin.com/xF12XgSy

Please help! :-)
    Last edited by andybrads45 : 10-28-2012 at 02:03 PM Reason: Worked out how to fix 1 of the 2 issues

Blog Entries

I'm not really that good at looking at a configuration and figuring out what is wrong with it.

I know there is (or was) a bug (or maybe new and intended behavior) where characters without the option of a melee spec (Priests, Hunters, Mages, Warlocks) would not turn to a hostile via IWT, but characters with a melee spec (even if they're not in that spec) such as an Elemental Shaman or Balance Druid would still turn to face their target.

A workaround for these classes, is a relatively cheap Jewelcrafting item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=41367

The fact that they assist is good.
    But they're not interacting with target.

If they're right on top of the quest giver, as in they don't have to move at all, then the IWT itself is broken.
    In which case, either IS Boxer is not outputting IWT to the game, or the game doesn't have IWT on that keybind.
    Or if both of those are correct, then I'm not really sure.

IWT by itself should not cause an assist, unless you have it set to.
    The Wizard generates two IWT's for you, one of which disables CTM and the other does not.
    The one that disables CTM, I usually delete that because I want CTM on at all times.
    That can be activated via its hotkey: Assists > CTM Enabled > Sends IWT > Disables CTM.... set with steps executing on press or release.
    But it cannot be activated via Do Mapped Key, from within another Mapped Key... because it has more than one step.

Assuming you haven't configured/changed too much within IS Boxer.
    File > Clear.

If you have a lot of stuff set up, then File > Save As
    It's a great idea to periodically back up, both your ToolkitProfile and your WTF folder for Warcraft.

Once you save your profile, clear it.
    Then run the wizard for your team, or at least for two characters.
    Have it generate all the mapped keys for you.

Check out both of the IWT options the wizard generates.
    Ensure they're working correctly.

If you're going to use my method of IWT, you'll want to delete the version of IWT which disables/turns off CTM.

You can have more than one copy of the Toolkit open at once.
    So you can copy a mapped key (or an entire Keymap) from one to the other, if you want to add something.

My toolkit is a bit convoluted.
    But if you want to look at it, it's here: http://privatepaste.com/b79dfd8c2f
    The "Boost" set isn't working correctly as far as assist/follow goes, probably because I just dragged characters into the slot numbers, rather than use the wizard (have to use Slot 3, for all five toons to assist/interact) but they'll all follow Slots 1 (the booster) and Slots 3 so its good enough.
    IWT works fine with all other character sets.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks for the reply Ualaa!

I actually updated my post just before you replied.

I have managed to fix problem 2. I think I may have missed something in the "chain" as the IWT part doesn't seem to be working

Any other ideas? I'd rather not delete it as I have got it into a really great place!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

UPDATE

OK, after 4 hours of messing around I seem to have fixed this! I've no idea what I've done differently, but basically what was happening was that when I was pressing a key, it was turning off CTM. No idea why.

I've changed that many settings I don't know what I've done right or differently from earlier, but here's my new config - if anyone would be so kind as to tell me what I've done differently the 2nd time!

http://pastebin.com/ZsDfsArk
    Last edited by andybrads45 : 10-28-2012 at 07:37 PM Reason: Updated

I have tried several times to follow your instructions but my melee toon (the shammy) does not interact with target. I have set up only the first three steps just to see if the melee IWT will work for a 3-man team (warrior-shammy-priest) and if my enchancement shammy will attack the target along with the warrior. I am wondering if using the defaut WOW IWT keybinding (G) for my new mapped key (Melee) is my problem. I do see that in the modify existing DPS Keys in Step 6 I do not see the Melee ATG I set up.

I do have a ATG under Action Target Groups named Melee which contains all of my melee toons.

I do have set up as well:

General
    Mapped Keys
    Melee IWT
    Steps
    1: G-> Self

FTL DPS Keys
    Mapped Keys
    DPS 1 (Hotkey: 1)
    Advanced
    Steps
    1: Do Melee IWT in General Key Map ->Melee
    DPS 2,3,4 are set up the same

I am pretty new to double boxing and isboxer. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Handu
    Last edited by Handu : 10-31-2012 at 02:21 AM

Ok ive been trying to set this up but for the life of me i guess i dont get it. I did the first set setting up the iwt key map but since i used quick set up wizard i cannot find the ftl key map. Any help would be awesome.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Ok ive been trying to set this up but for the life of me i guess i dont get it. I did the first set setting up the iwt key map but since i used quick set up wizard i cannot find the ftl key map. Any help would be awesome.
    FTL DPS was changed to Combat. If you need further assistance setting something up don't necro a thread from a year ago -- Please start your own.