Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Melee

Question Melee

You can tell from my post below that I understand some of the isboxer terminology but with a toddler i have to lose sleep in order to play wow. I lack the time to wonder "what if" or "can i do this" and play around with isboxer with no real driving purpose in mind. I have learned bits and pieces from some in-depth answers to other people's problems since i read this site before falling asleep but there are sooooo many options in isboxer. If you have only used the wizard, like i have, it can be overwhelming. Anyway, here is my issue:

I would like to make a team of druid tank, 3 rogues, and druid healer.

I usually use only the 1,2,3 buttons on everything except the tank (where i use 1 through =). I put a single-target macro rotation on button 1, a multi-target/AOE macro rotation on button 2, and a pvp/omg macro rotation on button 3. I do all this within wow because I have not been able to do much customization of isboxer. I'm the kind of person that needs pictures, literal step by step instructions that assume no prior knowledge, or videos. Answers like "make a melee ATG and change the steps" don't help me very much. I understand sort of what those are, but executing the verbs "make" and "change" are where I have trouble...

So, what I would like to do is have IWT broadcast ONLY to windows 1-4 (not healer) on RELEASING the 1,2,or 3 button. I would like to have step back (like pressing and releasing the down arrow) happen ONCE on window five (the druid) when releasing 1/2/3 but not occur again until I stop pressing 1/2/3 for a certain number of seconds.

Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katsurahama View Post
    Anyway, here is my issue:

I would like to make a team of druid tank, 3 rogues, and druid healer.

So, what I would like to do is have IWT broadcast ONLY to windows 1-4 (not healer) on RELEASING the 1,2,or 3 button. I would like to have step back (like pressing and releasing the down arrow) happen ONCE on window five (the druid) when releasing 1/2/3 but not occur again until I stop pressing 1/2/3 for a certain number of seconds.

Create an Action Target Group, call it Melee.
    Drag from the top (Characters) down to the bottom left, to put the Tank + Rogues into this group.
    1. Right click on Action Target Groups (Bottom of the Top Pane).
    2. Create a new ATG.
    3. Rename the ATG to Melee
    4. Using the arrow slider to the right of the top pane, slide all the way up to the top.
    5. Expand Characters by clicking the plus sign.
    6. Left click on and hold + drag the four melee toons down to the bottom left window which lists the newly made ATG.

Create a mapped key, call it Melee IWT.
    No need for a hotkey.
    Sends your Warcraft IWT Keybind to Target: Current Window.
    1. Expand Keymaps by clicking the plus.
    2. Left click on General.
    3. In the bottom left pane, right click on Mapped Keys, and make a new Mapped Key.
    4. Name it.
    5. Click the "1" under Steps (bottom left pane, expand if necessary).
    6. In the bottom right pane, right click on Actions.
    7. Keystroke Actions > New Keystroke Action
    8. Click the arrow to the right of the target field, select Window:Current (top option).
    9. Click the arrow to the right of the key combination window, then type your WOW IWT, mine is (Hold Control) press I.
    10. Click Ok.

Modify your existing DPS Keys: DPS 1, DPS 2, DPS 3 and DPS 4.
    After the FTL Assist Me, (before or after the Send "x" to all windows... does not matter for this part), include a "Do Mapped Key" Action.
    So they will still be one Step.
    The extra action is:
    - Do Mapped Key: Melee IWT, Target: Group (all of) Melee.
    As in the ATG we made earlier.
    1. In the Top Pane, under Keymaps left click on FTL DPS Keys.
    2. In the bottom left pane, expand DPS 1.
    3. Expand Steps, left click on the "1" under Steps.
    4. In the bottom right pane, right click on Actions.
    5. Keymap Actions > New Do Mapped Key Action.
    6. Click the arrow to the right of the Target Window, scroll down until you find your Melee ATG (which we made earlier).
    7. Left click on the arrow in the Keymap field, select General because that is where we put the Melee IWT mapped key.
    8. Left click on the arrow to the right of the Mapped Key field, select our Melee IWT Mapped key.
    9. Right click on the newly made Action (Do Mapped Key...) and copy action to Clip board.
    10. Open up DPS 2, the same as DPS 1.
    11. Right click on Actions and paste the action from the clip board.
    12. Do the exact same for DPS 3 and DPS 4.

Create a toggle for your Melee IWT (You might not want this on always).
    1. In the Top Pane, expand Key Maps and click on General.
    2. In the Bottom Left Pane, right click on Mapped Keys, and make a New Mapped Key.
    3. Call it something like Melee IWT Toggle.
    4. Click on the Mapped Key name (Melee IWT Toggle) in the Bottom Left Pane.
    5. In the Bottom Right Pane click the arrow to the right of the Hotkey field, assign the desired hotkey by pressing that key then click Okay.
    6. Right click on Steps, below your newly created Mapped Key's name (Bottom Left Pane), and select New Step.
    7. Left click on "1" under Steps (Bottom Left Pane).
    8. Right click on Actions, in the Bottom Right Pane; Key Map Actions > New Mapped Key State Action.
    9. Fill in the fields: Target "Window: All w/ Current" (Third Option from the Top), Key Map: "General", Mapped Key: "Melee IWT", State: "Off" ... Note: State is not labelled anything, but appears immediately to the right of the Mapped Key field.
    10. Right click on the Mapped Key State Action we just created, and "Copy Action to Clipboard".
    11. Right click on Actions (Bottom Right Pane): New Pop Up Text Action; Fill in the Fields: Target Window: Current, Text: Melee IWT Disabled, Display for: 0.50 Seconds, Fade out over: 0.50 Seconds, Adjust the color to your taste.
    12. In the Bottom Left Pane, click on the "2" under Steps.
    13. In the Bottom Right Pane, Right-Click on Actions and Paste Action from Clipboard.
    14. Left click on the pasted action, and Modify it by changing the last field to "On" from "Off".
    15. Click on the "1" under Steps, Copy our Pop Up Text to clipboard, Click on the "2" under Steps and paste that also.
    16. Modify the "Off" message to an "On" message, mine is: "Melee IWT - Enabled".

Specifically what happens...
    You press 1 (or 2,3,4).
    Your slaves assist the main.
    Every toon presses the "1" key.
    Your melee toons only (they're in the Melee ATG) run the mapped key that sends IWT to each window that runs the mapped key.

Also, by pressing your toggle key, you can disable the imbedded IWT action.
    When it is enabled, the toons spam IWT and will circle the target.
    When it is disabled, your spammed DPS keys do not initiate IWT for the Melee toons.

Create another mapped key.
    Call this something like, Healer Steps Back.

No need for a hotkey.

Step 1 will send the Down Arrow or S key to your Healer character only.
    Step 2 will be blank and set to not advance to the next step for 900 seconds (or whatever the maximum it lets you enter).

Either in advanced or the settings you get when you click the mapped key and set the hotkey.
    It will be in one of those two areas.
    Check the box, reset to Step 1 "x" seconds from the Last Press.
    Pick something like 5 or whatever.
    1. Left click on General Keymaps, in the top pane.
    2. Right click on Mapped Keys in the bottom left pane.
    3. New Mapped Key, call it Healer Steps Back.
    4. Left click on Advanced.
    5. Check the box, Reset to Step 1, set the time to 5.0 or so, press the arrow to the right of the dialogue box and select "From Last press".
    6. Right click on Steps and add another Step.
    7. Left click the 1, under Steps in the bottom left pane.
    8. Right click on Actions, in the bottom right pane.
    9. Keystroke Actions > New Keystroke Action, Target: HealerCharacter, Keystroke: S (or whatever you have bound to moving backwards).
    10. Left click the 2, under Steps in the bottom left pane.
    11. Check the box (Do Not Advance to the next step for) at the top of the bottom right pane.
    12. Set the time to 900.0 seconds.

Finally...
    1. Left Click on File.
    2. Export all to Inner Space, so our changes will take effect.
    3. If you are in Warcraft, then do a /Console Reloadui
    Last edited by Ualaa : 02-19-2012 at 02:42 PM Reason: Added Melee IWT Toggle
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Talking Many thanks, Ualaa!

Ualaa,

Thank you very much for those detailed instructions. I followed them exactly and my melee team works great. The little gnome rogues circle the target hacking away and look like little demons. I never could have done it without your help. I tried this post:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=27104

but it was not detailed enough for me to figure out. Thanks to your help, I now understand action target groups much better. They sometimes randomly run off on their own out of follow range during combat though so i need to bind some key to bring them back.

Thanks again for your help. I watched Lax's videos, read your isboxer guide, and your other melee iwt post but i wasnt familiar enough with all the options to put it all together.

And now none of my healers or hunters follow the tank into melee range! I mighy even try enh shamans or frost dks or fury warriors now! Oh, the possibilities!!!

You're a life saver!

Finally figured out the Follow command for isboxer.

Alt-f if anyone else new was wondering. I never had a reason to know before using a melee team. I would just switch windows to re-establish follow.

http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/...ist-and-follow

Are you manually managing CTM? By default it looks like there are no keybinds for turning CTM on and off. It seems when I login through ISBoxer CTM is automatically off though.

thanks for your original post. Reading Uluaa's guide is a great help, but his walk through here cleared up a lot of things.

I just leave CTM enabled on the melee slaves, as Ualaa recommended to someone else in a different post. I think the default setup through isboxer is for CTM to be enabled on key-down then disabled on key-up. I just leave it enabled because sending IWT(itself a 2-step key by default) on key-up for the DPS keys may cause problems according to some posts I read.

Spamming the DPS keys for the melee can cause them to circle the target and then run off in a random direction when you stop spamming. I just try to be ready to press (alt+f) when combat is over if I notice a runner. I really need to make follow some other key, like CAPS LOCK or something easier to press.
    Last edited by katsurahama : 01-24-2011 at 07:52 PM Reason: Said ctm once when i meant iwt

kk, im doing something wrong. I followed instructions to the T... matter of fact I deleted, and re did the instructions 4 times. Im running 37, BTW. when I press the "2" key, I simply get an error message from wow "You are too far away".

My IWT key is ALT+~

suggestions?

Blog Entries

Do you have Click to Move enabled?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

No I dont. That was it. Thanks boss.

Second edit.

Ok, so Ive used this for a little bit yet. Curious. One, just one, of my toons would run to the target, and keep running, then when he passed the target, he would do an "about face", as when I pressed the key again, he reoriented and ran back at the target again. Then he would run past, and repeat this till the mob was dead. Once the mob was dead, he would run straight away off to another target.

It looked rather odd, like hes not got any breaks.

Actually, now that I type this, I had significant lag last night while playing. So bad, I had D/C's very frequent, and my Cable modem kept resetting on its own.
    Last edited by Apps : 01-26-2011 at 09:34 AM Reason: Had some time to try it out... more ??'s