Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Melee

Lags fixed. But im still seeing bumble bees. My melee team just runs around the mob, dpsing and then turning around, dpsing, runs past, turns around, dpsing, runs to another target, dps's it, runs back, they are ALL over the place.

The Click to Move, thats in the WoW interface under mouse right?

You have to be ready to reactivate follow when boxing melee. They do run around like theyre crazed while you spam the dps keys. Alt-f is the default follow command. I keep meaning to change it to caps lock.

Quote Originally Posted by katsurahama View Post
    You have to be ready to reactivate follow when boxing melee. They do run around like theyre crazed while you spam the dps keys. Alt-f is the default follow command. I keep meaning to change it to caps lock.
    OH!! so thats normal? Ok, well I feel a bit better then. I dont mind them "bumble-beeing" all round the place. I think its kinda funny. I thought I had something wrong.

Though, occasionally, one or two will run off to a mob that I havent aggrod yet.

This would be great in PVP. Right now, im running dungeons with a Lvl75 and (4) Lvl40s

I have to give thanks to Ualaa for his detailed explanation in this thread. Even though the post was kinda directed to Apps.....this step by step explanation helped me out alot!

I have runoffs sometimes too. They happen most of the time if i try to CTM something that died a split second ago. I have a second button that spams down down down. I also have three types of CTM. Use Solution 2 to stop your toons spinning around a mob. then continue the spaming CTM method. Because of the Runaways and Spin behavior Lax and Ualaa kinda frown on spaming CTM. They prefer a more strategic use of it.

1. CTM - Clicked once - Simple (Strategic) Run to the targets last known location

2. CTM - (Spamed) two step - Essentialy the best of Both #1 and 3 because it has some runoff protection with the down down down every 1.5 seconds.
    STEP 1 CTM and dont go to next step for 1.5 seconds
    STEP 2 down down down down

3 CTM (Surgical great for turning casters too) Press and hold Moves guys towards target, RELEASED stops toons (ensure "Execute a Step when the hotkey is [Pressed or Released] is enabled)
    STEP 1 CTM
    STEP 2 down down down (i had to use 3 actions of down or the toons wouldnt stop running to the target sometimes)
    Last edited by JackBurton : 02-04-2011 at 12:30 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Jack Burton:Any chance you could explain your steps you use in your 3 methods for the CTM. I currently got my guys bumblebeeing the target then running off, which if I hit follow fast enough isn't much of a problem. I'm just afraid if I'm fighting near a cliff that one of then may have suicidal thoughts :P. Thanks in advance for any help. I'm slowly starting to understand ISboxer more and more. It amazing the things everyone has done with it, Hopefully I can aspire to greatness with this also.
    Realm: Garrosh (Alliance)

Multiple toons. My main is Medrin (pally)

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark, because i haven't boxed a melee team or used this method of commanding them. Could it be that you have tab assigned to nearest target on them, and they are running off to their own nearest target instead of yours?

Probably miles off, but worth a punt.

Ive noticed that if you press the attack button only 1 time and wait for the melee toons to get to the target before you start spamming, they never run off at random unless you happen to spam the button again as the target dies.

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark, because i haven't boxed a melee team or used this method of commanding them. Could it be that you have tab assigned to nearest target on them, and they are running off to their own nearest target instead of yours?

Probably miles off, but worth a punt.
    This is 100% on. Problem fixed. My slaves were sort of running past the mob, just a little, then picking up next target, and running there. Now they don't run off to another mob, they just run around the target and dps it.

Just have to say: Thanks Ualaa !!