Close
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 129

I usually get asked to leave this spot by someone farming there when I am doing the daily bag drop quest out there
    Wondering what now will be the new pew pew class....

Asked to leave? Are you talking about the area under the raised platform? We're talking about the raised area. A single toon would get overrun up there.

UPDATE: i tried to see how big a pull i could get at one time. I started running from one end to another, tagging grouos of three and four mobs. I ran back to my slaves, hit lay on hands, then consecrate, then started dpsing them down one at at time, aoeing periodically to keep them all interested (hellfire, consecrate, holy nova, arcane explosion). The mobs will reset if not killed within a certain time period. I havent timed it but it has happened to me several times when trying to get the biggest group possible just for fun. They eventually evade and reset if you get huge crowds. Even if theyve been damaged.
    Last edited by katsurahama : 03-30-2011 at 08:48 PM
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

not if they are a warrior, a descent warlock, or especially if they are a pally. I think I have even been asked to leave by a huntard.

there are a few areas where you can sit and drink without pulling more mobs. also, their spawn rate wouldn't be as high as a boxer's since their kill their time to kill their target is much higher.

since you asked

edit: yep, the raised area and not the area below
    Wondering what now will be the new pew pew class....

You can attack on several sides, without disturbing eachother, think 3 multiboxers could easily farm there w/o bother eachother

@katsu

Quite soon after discovering this spot I boosted a lowbie pally alt there. Had a 2 friends there as well, both playing their frostmage (they would loot the mobs for the cloth, i was just interested in the xp). I would tag mobs with my dk or pally using there rocket 2 seater (the raf one), lowbie sitting in the back. Fly over the mobs so you aggro them (not really a prob with lowbie) and kite them to frost mages. Root them + aoe. It's sick xp. The occasional time where I'd screw up i could bop the lowbie. Not sure if this still works.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Ive only seen one other person here during several hours of grinding, it was a geared 85 rogue. They used that rogue aoe ability right when id pull to try to tag some of my mobs. They died a couple times accidentally pulling crowds that had respawned then they left. A couple people have been flying by and stopped to watch me for a couple minutes. Otherwise i havent seen anyone up top.

Zenga: what level was the low pally and what kind of xp per kill did they get?
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

did 45-70 in a few hours, can't recall actual xp / kill
    not even sure if you can still fly in cata zones with lowbie on the back of your mount
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Still works. Running 4 enhance shamans + 1 85 DK, it gets dicey and I can easily wipe myself but I'm doing about 750k an hour which is nearly 2x as fast as questing with 4 characters.

Additionally, with IWT setup for my melee spam, the drones loot probably 60-70% of the kills on their own.

Might try this for my next group after I finish scholo grinding them. Just gotta work out how to get lowbies up there without flying and without the RAF accounts being linked to my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercbeast View Post
    Additionally, with IWT setup for my melee spam, the drones loot probably 60-70% of the kills on their own.
    lol nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Knytestorme View Post
    Might try this for my next group after I finish scholo grinding them. Just gotta work out how to get lowbies up there without flying and without the RAF accounts being linked to my main.
    how about the guild perk http://www.wowhead.com/spell=83967