Close
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 129

Around 20% into 84 now on my highest team. I absolutely love this spot. Nobody is going to bother you here because they'll die within seconds solo.

I usually hate grinding. I almost always prefer questing and dungeons even if it takes longer because its so repetitive. This spot is great though because its so damn efficient. I'm only getting 2500k exp per kill, including rest bonus, but the mobs are unlimited and respawn quickly. Its fun to sometimes see how big a pull you can handle. I sometimes run the pally through several big groups and then use lay on hands right when i get back to the slaves to get a massive crowd of them. If I was any good at using a mage (im not) then it would be fun to ice lance a huge number of them and iceblock in front of my group.

There is no travel or even drinking involved if your group is a good mix. I usually take a minute or so break every few minutes just to loot some mobs to break up the monotony. They drop plenty of cloth and the occasional green. Very rarely i need to stop long enough to let my priest channel that hymn that regens mana. I do have pounce in my cat druids macro so extremely rarely the targeting gets messed up and she pounces after one the mobs who do the suicide jump.

This spot is great. I log out on the platform. When I log back in I know I can immediately start getting XP. Thanks so much for posting this, Zenga.
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

lol Im off to try this, with my old 80 shammy and bringing in a 59 lock and my 3 85 mages with treasure potion on 1 and see what happens, awesome stuff, thx

I'd rather grind out key-press 2 for hours on end while watching some inane 80's movie than do collection quests. This is, as the great man says, winning. Ironically it might be exactly what I need to resub.

Toonarmy
    i7-920 / 12GB/ 280m / 1920x1200 / 80 gig X25-M / 5 boxing; works just fine

Im with you there, Toonarmy. God i hate collection quests and there are so damn many of them in cata.

Im going to do this with my next team as soon as i can get to deepholm.

Hell ive already got a lock who can go there so actually im set. The benefits of mixed groups!

The mobs are all level 83, i believe, and the pulls can be as small (3-4) or as large (15+) as you want. You may have an issue with aggro radius for a level 80 though.

You guys want my paypal?

j/k glad you enjoy it

Anyway, I start to enjoy my paladin again since I recently started to play him solo as pvp prot and I'm having a blast in arena/bg's. The 4.0.1 changes turned me down and made me shelf him. So considering now to boost some new teams there. I actually forgot about the place completely.
    Last edited by zenga : 03-30-2011 at 03:14 AM
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

How do you guys get to Deepholm at lvl 80 or do you wait until you're high enough to go there through the portal?

Quote Originally Posted by Noids View Post
    How do you guys get to Deepholm at lvl 80 or do you wait until you're high enough to go there through the portal?
    just have one of your 83+ characters summon them using instances portal. Level requirement has been removed on all summoning stones.

I summoned a level 70 rogue that way. and then I could set his heartstone to the temple.
    22 x 5-toon teams on Silvermoon EU

Awesome, gonna grind the last 40 % to lvl 85 on my 4 hunters is bringing a healer needed for this?

Probably not for you since you can heal your pets. Its worth a try. I started using lightwell and now my priest just stands there most of the time. I dont know how well pets can hold aggro on packs of mobs. MultishotX5 may take a large percentage of their health. All the mobs are melee so they may not oblige you and willingly stand at range.

For other people, your tanks armor will wear out surprisingly soon. I was there a few hours and noticed it when i suddenly couldn't cast avenger's shield anymore because my shield was broken.

I didn't get a chance to try this spot, but my next team I'm definately going to give this area a try. Right now I use the random dungeon grind method for leveling