Close
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Showing results 111 to 120 of 129

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    If the mob gives 5K exp and I get 5K exp on group "A" instead of the tagging group I fail to see how anything is "lost". I do agree I dont see much content.
    No, what is lost is when your tagger group doesn't do much of the dmg, so instead of the tagger getting 5k for the mob, they get 2.5k xp, the other groups DO NOT get the rest of that, that xp is lost, forever

Edit: sry Mirai, forgot to multi quote
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

84 to 85 is gonna be fun on that spot

I'm almost thinking it's a brilliant plan, wait to level till the end of the expansion when the required xp gets nerfed.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Looks like I be working on trade skillz and flight paths until the 28th. Having no reason to doubt Valkry Ill toss in the towel on the questing being slower, although I will still be doing tag boosting as I hate questing. Well got to work on the 3 lowbies also seems. What level were your guys getting 2.8 million per hour at?

Well timing could not be better as except for the 3 lowbies all the crew is level 82 ....

Ok I have been using outside groups instead of singles not beliving this 1/2 exp nerf. Im going to ungroup everone cept the tagging group to make sure the tagging group has to do the most damage and see exactly what is up this morning.

Ok I made a group 2 mages 2 lowbies and 1 level 85 tagger. The two mages got 1342 exp per kill with all the outside helpers being ungrouped. Thus the taggers had to do the most damage as they had two mages in the group.

I then made an outside group of 5 mages that did not tag but were 100 percent sure to do the most damage. The two mages in the exp group got the exact same 1342 exp per kill ..... And the outside group did not get a single kill steal, the tagger group (consecration far away from the killers) got every kill.

I dont see this nerf. Let me get the one level 85 mage out of the area on the off change he is always doing the most damage. Same results, there is no nerf.

Ok I think what it is is that I have so many guys no group or single does more then 1/2 the damage to the mob. The taggers dont do 1/2 the damage but then again no one else, even 5 mages in a group does more then 1/2 of the total damage to any mob so I avoid the whole problem.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 08-26-2012 at 12:57 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    Ok I made a group 2 mages 2 lowbies and 1 level 85 tagger. The two mages got 1342 exp per kill with all the outside helpers being ungrouped. Thus the taggers had to do the most damage as they had two mages in the group.

I then made an outside group of 5 mages that did not tag but were 100 percent sure to do the most damage. The two mages in the exp group got the exact same 1342 exp per kill ..... And the outside group did not get a single kill steal, the tagger group (consecration far away from the killers) got every kill.

I dont see this nerf. Let me get the one level 85 mage out of the area on the off change he is always doing the most damage. Same results, there is no nerf.

Ok I think what it is is that I have so many guys no group or single does more then 1/2 the damage to the mob. The taggers dont do 1/2 the damage but then again no one else, even 5 mages in a group does more then 1/2 of the total damage to any mob so I avoid the whole problem.
    The way tagging works (worked) best in wow is that 1 lowbie is grouped with another lowbie, and both need to be within a certain level range of eachother and the mob, all other chars are outside of their group. It doesn't really matter how many other chars you have to kill off the mobs, as long as they are not groupped with the targgets. The problem is obviously that the lowbies need to survive tagging the mobs. So you either need to heal them / have mitigation or kill fast enough. Ualaa described this somewhere on the forum how he leveled this way in borean tundra.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Yes, I told you, I was 4 boxing at 2.8mil xp/hour each, non-rested, 11.2mil xp/hour total, that's nearly 3 times quicker than you
    You may have been able to quest at this rate for a short period of time but that number isn't possible multiboxing in Cata for long. Too many collections that you can't skip that really slow down the exp per hour. At the rate you quoted you would go 80-85 in about 6-7 hours... that isnt happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelle View Post
    You may have been able to quest at this rate for a short period of time but that number isn't possible multiboxing in Cata for long. Too many collections that you can't skip that really slow down the exp per hour. At the rate you quoted you would go 80-85 in about 6-7 hours... that isnt happening.
    Nope, only at 84-85 due to the quest rewards giving so much more xp than the first zones. I was in deepholm for about a third or so of my level, as those quests are sweet then off to the dwarf quests (up to but not including the wedding) in TH, CoC & eots weekend
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The way tagging works (worked) best in wow is that 1 lowbie is grouped with another lowbie, and both need to be within a certain level range of eachother and the mob, all other chars are outside of their group. It doesn't really matter how many other chars you have to kill off the mobs, as long as they are not groupped with the targgets. The problem is obviously that the lowbies need to survive tagging the mobs. So you either need to heal them / have mitigation or kill fast enough. Ualaa described this somewhere on the forum how he leveled this way in borean tundra.
    I do it a bit different, I tag with a level 85 but I make sure the mobs are not grey to the level 85, even though the 85 is grouped with the lowbies they still get high exp for their level, as long as the mobs are not grey to the level 85. This way I get fast reliable tagging.

I brought in a level one priest (to replace my single shaman, it takes a lot of extra time to write macros for another class) so now I have the tagger, 3 lowbies and a level 1. The lowbies actually are getting more exp with the level one added to the group as the group bonus went up ...
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 08-26-2012 at 01:51 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

I did try it today i my 5 man mage group. 1 lv. 85 (ilv. 381,4) and 4 lv. 83 (ilv 249,5) all frost
    the 4 83 have head and back herilom +15% exp
    + Rested Bonus
    + Group Bonus
    + Bonus from guild Perks (lv. 14) +20%

5 min. did give me 147.000 exp = 3% a lv. in Jamba

with questing you have to turn in around 2 quest every 5 min. in Twilight Highland (if I remeber right most quest give 55200+Bonus)

I hate this form for leveling - but if it goes down with almost 7 million exp. need - i´ll take that 2 hours it will take to get to 85 with my group. Not to have to set my feed in Twilight Highand again (5`th time) with all those collection quest will make me happy.
    Last edited by Tin : 08-26-2012 at 03:07 PM
    Eonar - EU

I haven't seen any mention this change yet, so I'm going to post it here.

Apparently, the Heirloom Bind-to-Account Legs that were datamined a long time ago are now being made available. You can see the information here

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1070/gu...ts-of-pandaria

Now, I'm not sure if they are going to be released on Tuesday, August 28th with patch 5.0.4 or with MoP.

I am hoping they get released and are availalbe come this Tuesday, as that will make leveling new teams that much faster.
    Last edited by daanji : 08-26-2012 at 11:43 PM

You learn flight paths automatically now as you level I just found out ... lol wasted time learning them.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website