Close
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 129

Never mind. I've sussed it. Or so I think. I was at the bottom where they were falling to, not where they were spawning at. I'll give it a try.

Yeah it's up on the platform. I could still loot the mobs as of 2 days ago.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    There was a similar spot for WotLK - right in Sholazar by Freya there was a neverending respawn of undead. I wound up grinding out my last level on my DK there. That still works, too.

I think they changed this spot right before Cataclysm launched. I used to grind this spot with my main pally team for gold and cloth. Read in I think 4.0 patch notes or hotfixes that they changed these to no longer drop any items. Too many people farmed this spot for gold. I disenchanted all the greens I found, but if I had sold them, I probably would have made double what I made from money drops and vendor trash alone. First attempt, goofed off a bit, netted me around 200g/hr, not selling greens. Would have been higher, but I used dust for Enchanters.

gonna test this spot after work today. sounds awesome

EDIT: just tested it for an hour. super place still
    Last edited by sparvath : 02-11-2011 at 01:42 PM
    22 x 5-toon teams on Silvermoon EU

Deepholm also has a quest chain, that near the end the fat earth princess lady sends you off to a big battle with the rest of the rock guys and the Earthen Ring. Tons and Tons of good and bad guys fighting, Respawn was pretty much instant and they all dropped loot and xp. I ground there for a while and it was a lot easier and safer because you had 3-4 other npc's helping you out.

The Hatred runs Deep I think is the quest in Deepholm that im talking about.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26376#comments

The OP spot is also a great spot to farm the love tokens right now as well.

well it works great still..
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

This still works.
    Last edited by katsurahama : 03-29-2011 at 02:12 AM Reason: I swear it didnt the first time i tried it. I watched my xp.
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70

What no longer works: the quest for the earthen queen or the masses of guys on the bridge/platform over by the shrooms?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Just checked the Spawn point, and it was still working for me.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

The first time I went here I got no XP. I went to the spot in Deepholm up on that raised platform mention in the OP. I killed a bunch of the mobs and none gave XP or loot. They were not lootable.

I went here a second time and cleared a little further from the recommended landing area. The mobs started giving XP and were lootable. They will spawn faster than you can loot them. If you had a second person to do nothing but loot, they probably could loot literally nonstop once you get going.

Also, I never run out of mana or have to drink. Even in dungeons unless I wipe. This place will eventually wear you down to the point your healer has to take a break to regain mana. The mobs come that fast and plentiful.

I got the last half bubble of 83 in maybe FIVE minutes. I pulled far packs that would drag others with them as they came to me. I hellfired on the lock whenever I consecrated on the pally tank.
    Last edited by katsurahama : 03-29-2011 at 02:18 AM
    Working on the following teams:
    (85) - PVP - Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, Resto Druid
    (85) - Paladin tank, cat druid, fire mage, demon lock, holy priest
    (80) - Dk tank, destro lock, bm hunter, enh shaman, holy priest
    (85 pally/lock) powerleveling 34 toons under 70