Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Default Multiboxing Frequently Asked Questions - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.

Well this thread will hopefully be one big FAQ guide. So people should not have a problem finding the answers.
    By all means I am asking for other people to add this this list, I will cover as much as I know I would like replies with other questions that are asked a alot with a answer to them.
    Yes XZIN has one so does Ahnubis. Its not updated so I thought I could make a new one with a new layout. Also some of the Links in those posts are dead.
    Old FAQ guides.
    Xzin
    Ahnubis

Vyndree's Multiboxing FAQ for Non-Multiboxers
    I wanted something I could link people that answered all of those annoying questions I always seem to get..

FAQ Guide:

What is Multi-Boxing?

To put it simple,
    "MultiBoxing means simultaneously playing several characters in an MMOG where a typical player plays only one character at a time. This is a great challenge and great fun."
    Quoted from
    Here

Is Dual Boxing Legal?
    I cannot Quote this any better
    Xzin
    Without getting into the EULA argument as to whether or not violating a EULA (if a EULA even holds up) is "breaking the law" - the short answer is that dual boxing is perfectly fine. In fact, once you start dual boxing you become Blizzards best customer. Think about it - you increase their subscriber numbers, you double what you pay them each month and you have to buy two copies of the expansion. As long as you avoid using bots or obvious third party programs (like Glide, etc) then you will/should be fine. I can make no promises as they can ban anybody for literally any reason they choose but I have been multiboxing 5 characters for over two years now and despite being reported dozens if not hundreds of times by misinformed alliance, no action has been taken against any of my accounts.
    There are also a bunch of Screen Shots and Blue Posts around where GM's say its ok.
    spoke w/ a WoW GM about software multiboxing & keyclone
    Multi Boxing in Arenas (WoW Forums)

What all do I need to get Started?
    A decent computer.
    2+ WoW accounts . Upgraded to BC. Or 2+ copies of another game.
    Programs Such as:
    Keyclone ($20 USD) Very User Friendly a Great Suggestion
    Octopus (Free) I personally have not tried it but I hear great things.
    AutoHotKey (Free)
    From my understanding this is hard to set up, need to write scripts.
    Synergy (Free Open Source) Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Can My Computer Run +accounts?
    (Insert Computer Specs Here)
    This is by far the most asked Question Here. What I tell people,
    Its hard for people to judge your system just by specs, to be honest all comps act in their own way. Best thing you can do is get trial accounts and try it for your self.
    I would like to add Recommended hardware you should have.

Wilbur:
    Q6600 - Recommended Processor
    4GB DDR2 PC6400 - Recommended RAM
    8800GT 512MB(+) - Recommended Graphics Card
    Good brand 500(+)watt Power supply.

Without the above you'll only be gimping yourself if you want to do a 5 in 1.

How Many folders of WoW do I need?
    You can have 1 folder of WoW. WoW can be opened multiple times.
    A lot of people like me have 2+ folders, its more easy to deal with. Addons ect.

How Do I Set this program up?

KeyClone: There are alot of good guides out there for setting up Keyclone
    FAQ: step-by-step basic keyclone setup
    Beginners Guide 2 Dual-Boxing (3,4,5 boxing)
    HOWTo - Set up Keyclones Maximizer (Updated v1.7s v1.7r)

Octopus:

[Octopus] Octopus 1.2.4 - .NET / C++ Hybrid Boxing Software

AutoHotKey:
    AutoHotkey Guide

What are some good Macros and Addons?
    Macros and Addons
    Forums
    The Macro Codex
    The Addon Codex

How Should I Level?
    Vyndree
    1-10 Lowbie quests.
    10-25 I used a 70 druid to run me thru instances on my 4 shammies to 25. (VC/Stocks)
    25-40 I instanced with the Warrior (BFD/SM) and did a few quests when I was bored
    40-45 I did SM with the paladin and hand-leveled each shaman when I was bored for about 1 level.
    <--- 2.3 Patch. Long break happened here where I didn't play my shammies.
    45+ Quests.
    60-67 Quests. I do each instance only once or twice in order to complete the instance quests. I did all the quests in Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terokkar, Nagrand.
    67-68? Kurenai Rep grind. Killed ogres in Nagrand. Fun stuff. :roll:
    68-69 Caverns of Time: Durnholde
    69-70 (almost there) Sethekk Halls
    There are other ways this is just one I came across. People also don't suggest doing collection quests because they take up way to much time. I personally do them just to try the drop rate if it sucks I skip it, if its an ok drop rate I do it. Its good XP.

FAQ LIST CONTINUED
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 04:03 AM Reason: size=OMG
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Add these links to "Is Dual Boxing Legal?" section (you can either quote each link directly or link this post): http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...62406&sid=1#18

It looks way more legal-ish than a screenshot.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I got a new comp Keyclone not working.
    OMG I GOT RIPPED OFF! My License says expired!

Stop take a breath. All you have to do is Email or Send Keyclone a PM with your information
    Your Email:
    Your New System Id
    It does not hurt to send the old system ID if you have it.
    He will check the records VIA your email you used when making the purchase.

So if you need to format or you get a new comp. Give him that information he will have you up and running in no time. I hope to see no more posts about this.

My Characters sometimes all run off in different directions when I use keyclone. Why?
    Keyclone
    shift+WASD are still movement keys... and as such, will get passed as shift+WASD... but the up event can get lost, if you release the shift before the WASD... since WASD alone is not passed.
    In short pressing anykey + WASD will cause loss of characters. So add the key + WSAD to the DNP list. (Do Not Pass)

What are some Other Keys I can Add to the DNP List?
    WASD Movement Keys
    B Backpack
    N Talents
    M Map
    L Quest Log
    K Skills
    I Looking For Group
    O Friends
    P Spellbook
    U Reputation
    H Honor
    / Brings up chat.
    NUMLOCK Auto Run
    V Name Plates
    PrtScn This is a must if you like to take a lot of screenshots. All WoW windows will overlap one another in the pic and make things look messed up.
    Shift + WASD
    Alt + WASD
    Ctrl + WASD
    Anykey + WASD If you press other keys while pressing WASorD then add them to the list. your characters will not run off.

This is just the main ones. If you have other suggestions please reply.

Is there any special loot macros I can make to loot mobs?
    The Answer is No. Best bet, put it on Free for All. Loot with your main. If you have Quest Items to loot, you will have to do it manually.

Does my Keyclone purchase work on my other computers?
    No. You will need to purchase more keyclones per computer. $20 each.

What is that Graphics Macro in game?
    Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=57043#post 57043
    make 3 macros. detail-lo, detail-med, and detail-hi . the difference in quality is fairly massive.. but the cpu/ gpu savings between hi and lo detail is massive.

here you go:
    Code:
    /say detail: low
    /console groundEffectDensity 16
    /console groundEffectDist 1
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console farclip 177
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 1
    Code:
    /say detail: medium
    /console groundEffectDensity 136
    /console groundEffectDist 70
    /console horizonfarclip 3765
    /console farclip 477
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 2
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 1
    Code:
    /say detail: high
    /console farclip 777
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterambient 0
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 100
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 04:04 AM Reason: size=OMG

Updated.. Added 1 new question. Please again feel free to add to this FAQ guide. I know I see alot we get.

Reserving this page for future questions.

Default Using Vista, need help

Ok i dl winzip, i am also using vista 64, problem is... when i try to unzip it... i get an error saying " Winzip Self-Extractor cannot creast an output file:c:\program files\keyclone\msvp71.dll. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Wildly stabbing in the dark but are you running Winzip as Administrator?
    [align=center]1--------10---------20------27--30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    This Multi-Boxer was brought to you by Keyclone
    [/align]

You should add Clonekey for mac users to the list of "what you need to get started" It's free and works pretty good.
    It can be downloaded here: http://code.google.com/p/clonekeys/
    [align=center][/align]

Default issues with macros and /assist

ok so far so go, having a little issue with the macro and assist type commands, for example just trying a priest, hit "2" for smite, but it only casts it on my main, im assuming that is because i have to tell the 2nd to target the same. thats where im getting messed up. should i create a macro for #2 that says /assist "main" (enter) /cast smite? but im working on it, if theres a forum or anything that you all have found thats got good info ill take it,

thank you all for your help

kakashie/mypoorbank

shadowmoon us

Quote Originally Posted by 'jugglingj',index.php?page=Thread&postID=125900#po st125900
    ok so far so go, having a little issue with the macro and assist type commands, for example just trying a priest, hit "2" for smite, but it only casts it on my main, im assuming that is because i have to tell the 2nd to target the same. thats where im getting messed up. should i create a macro for #2 that says /assist "main" (enter) /cast smite?
    you are on the right track.. BUT PLEASE READ THE STICKY"S WIKI AND THIS FAQ
    this question should not have been asked !!!

if theres a forum or anything that you all have found thats got good info ill take it,
    yeah there is a forum for that..
    IT"S THIS FORUM
    right up top, click on wiki, put on your glasses
    and read
    Tarrenmill PVP EU
    Zyxxyz Prot Paladin
    Zyxxyx Frost DeahtKnight
    Zyxzyx, Xzyxzy, Xyxxyz, Yxzyxz 4x Shaman
    Zyxxzy, Zyxyxz, Zyxyzx, Zyxzxy 4x Ret Paladin

Default windows vista problem solve

i had the same problem instead of double clicking to unzip just right click in the dl and 1 should be open the next should be open contents of folder/file then when u open it right click on the most resent up to date file and open as administrator then u should be good to go for the rest.