Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 59

Hybrid View

Default Cata - Heroic Vortex Pinnacle

Ok, I know there are a few threads about Vortext, but I didn't see any about heroic specifically.

Ok, I cleared this with 1x druid, 3x ele, and 1x resto shaman

ok, for the LAST boss here's the TRICK.

When you see him cast STATIC CLING or whatever, SPAM JUMP!!! I avoided this on all my guys about 4 times. And it made this so easy. All my guys were clumped together, chain lightning wasn't a problem.

For the trash leading to the last boss, you will need to Hex/CC the healers they are a pain, I wiped on trash at least 10 times.

For the SECOND boss. I put all my shamans against the walls in each corner and it made it 100x easier, I was able to one shot him. I didn't worry about the wind position. Someone mentioned this on the forum, I couldn't find your name, so THANK YOU, that was a massive help. I tanked in the center of the room - it was a piece of cake.
    Last edited by Kicksome : 12-24-2010 at 06:48 PM
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

That's great stuff. Congratulations. It only gets easier for you now.

I have it down (sloppy), but the second boss is a little iffy. I've been putting them in the corner and just tanking and avoiding the tornados. The team never gets hit, but I do once in a while lol. I tried looking straight down today and that made a world of difference.

Nice job and congrats again.
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

I don't get it... For the second boss you state to put it in each coerner. the tornado still hits my team and well they get breathed every now and then. Since they are on each corner most of the time its out of healer's range. If You refer to dodge all the tornados while tanking then its another thing. Well doing a few more times before bed I guess... Still don't get the positioning right.

P.S. After 14 wipes, found more or less the right spot to tank and dps. I put all my slaves on the right bottom corner where any sort of tornado won't make my toons to start flying all over the place. Its quite hard to avoid with tank but found it was the best place for me. The hard part is to heal through the slaves cause 8 out of 10 breaths are going to go to the group. If the wind is in your favour it will be np, but when you are against, I had to use some cooldowns, healthstones to mitigate the damage when their health were low. Fight took around 3min and 30 seconds. Guess it will get better when I improve my dps. Bit low it seems on the shaman... 10k for warlock, 9k for mage, 7.2k for shaman. Paladin did 5.4k dps. all in all healer mana was OK, after using shadowfiend and hymm of hope, but still was hectic when I had to top the toons back up from the cone aoe.

P.S.2. After the nightmare of the 2nd boss... the last boss was damn easy. Yes It is most likely cause I have a priest healer. But man... made me look like an idiot wiping non stop on the 2nd boss.

Kill screen shot
    http://img191.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...510060151.jpg/

Last edited by Enoah35 : 12-25-2010 at 01:10 AM Reason: added info

I position down in the crack of the stairs all 4... I use stoneclaw (glyphed) when I don't have the haste and get breathed, and run 4 healing stream totems. Obviously if your group makeup is diff it might not work for you. I basically just spam chain heal on the resto shaman while the other shams pewpew (without buff), with the upwind buff is when i top the tank off and chain heal the group to full.

The dps have more of a mana issue than the healer, but in the end with about 11k dps it's not a bad fight.

I agree that the 4 shaman+tank build has a little advantage on some of the fights but I suppose it could be fixed with gear (I hope..). Will try to continue doing this heroic aswell as SFK heroic since it seems its not as horrible as Halls of Origination where there is no way I can pass the first boss at this moment.

P.S. Not sure if I was lucky but he went down on first go today. Guess I adapted to the mechanism and did some thing right... (like top off everyone's hp while you got the wind buff, use cooldown to reduce damage while not etc). Although I am just so pissed about the trash mobs after him... appart the fact that it does insane damage, if you can't CC the healers you are doomed.
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 12-25-2010 at 02:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Enoah35 View Post
    I agree that the 4 shaman+tank build has a little advantage on some of the fights but I suppose it could be fixed with gear (I hope..). Will try to continue doing this heroic aswell as SFK heroic since it seems its not as horrible as Halls of Origination where there is no way I can pass the first boss at this moment.

P.S. Not sure if I was lucky but he went down on first go today. Guess I adapted to the mechanism and did some thing right... (like top off everyone's hp while you got the wind buff, use cooldown to reduce damage while not etc). Although I am just so pissed about the trash mobs after him... appart the fact that it does insane damage, if you can't CC the healers you are doomed.
    Your group has 3 cc's you should be fine.

Another tip is have the tank taunt each time he does the breath.

The boss will still turn and appear as though he hit your slave, but the tank takes all the damage.

My team (paladin + 4 shamans) are undergeared and I was easily able to do this.

All 4 slaves were parked in the same crack in the stairs (no tornadoes every go there) and I tanked the boss in the middle.
    Each time he did a breath, I taunted and the tank took the damage. About 1/2 way, my healer and dps ran out of mana. I was still able to do it fine, just have to use thunderstorm, mana tide, and mana spring to regen slowly...took a while go got him down.

After many days of farming this place I think I got the tactic for every trash mob without wiping. Well... sometimes crap happens and I wipe horribly but its happening less often. I use only 2 CCs now even if I can use all 3 of them. First pack of 4, I just CC the closest with hex, and the healer with my mage.

2nd pack with the patroing and the vortex field, I simply hex and sheep the 2 healers with the tank bodypulling when the patrol is on the north part of the force field using my 50% damage reduction (otherwise she gets toast real fast). Thus, 2 healers are sheeped, I put my team inside the vortex field and deal with the 3 mobs that are not CCed, which usualy is the caster mob and 2 melee mobs. The caster mob usualy is aggroing the healer but since she is on the force field you can forget about it. Then take 1 by 1, refreshing the CC on my mage.

Shooting star pack got their damage nerfed I think? and now I simply heal through maybe using power word barrier when its up but not much of an issue. Next pack the same as the previous one. CC the 2 healers and deal with the 3 melees (usualy 3 melees).

The last pack which are inside the forcefield, I put my team on the stairs, and pull with my paladin and hit bubble. The healers could be eighther 1 or 2, but they will stop casting and come to melee range. When they are close enough, I cc the 2 healers and repeat the process.

Note: There were times when I had broke a CC of the healer and when that happens its usually a wipe. Sometimes the stupid shaman type mob thunderstorms sending my tank back to the entrance which is not good at all. But usualy this method resulted 80% of the time a success. Not sure if it was needed to post but wanted to share for those who may have difficulties on the packs. Of course my team is VERY CC heavy so it may not be that usefull for some teams.

What is meant by 'crack of the stairs'? for boss #2

When you're looking at the boss straight on, you're coming up a set of stairs. If you look to the right the stairs have a little ledge where they line up with the platform the boss fight is on. I just wedge them in there back to the wall and side to the ledge. Mind you, I haven't succeeded yet but the shammies aren't taking any damage from the cyclones any more. I just can't keep my tank out of the stupid things yet.