Close
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 59

Ya. we've done VP as melees. 1 trick for the 2nd boss (dragon), on the side of the stairs, there is a little narrow ledge that you can stand on it. put all your slaves on it. The wind will never hit you. Take a look at the place and put all your slaves onto that ledge before you pull the boss. (edit: Not really a ledge, more like a handrail for the stairs on the side.)

As Toned said, the hit box is large for the boss, so move the boss over and you can hit him. The problem with this, is that your team will be eating the breath every time. So just heal up before the breath. You should be fine.

only DKs don't have CC. Enhance/Paladin have CCs. So that's how I beat it. I think with strangulate, you should be able to zerg that group. Put both healers on focus, strangulate both of them for the kill.
    Last edited by remanz : 01-27-2011 at 08:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    . The problem with this, is that your team will be eating the breath every time. So just heal up before the breath. You should be fine.
    Taunt when he goes to cast breath your tank will eat them all and your dps will take little to no dmg all fight long.

Smile

I finally managed to clear this instance today . Thanks to everyone for all the tips on how to get those bosses down. I wouldn't go so far as to say I have this on "farm" status, but for now , looking at that first Chaos Orb in the bank is good enough.

Now on to bigger challenges. I still can't get past the first boss in SFK, but I'll be sure and post when I manage to get some other bosses down.

Was anyone able to bring down the first boss after the buffs he got ?

Taken from the patch notes:

He now knocks away players standing too close to him when he retracts his Cyclone Shield, which now inflicts Nature damage if it touches players.
    Any ideas?

Not too hard for tank and 4 casters: Place your DPS around the boss, as far away as possible without touching the circling tornados. When he calls them in, move your tank out. Repeat. Loot.

Killed him too with ~329 gear.

Slow and steady with four resto shaman

Killed him in 2nd try, average 346-350 ilvl.(prot pala/resto shamman/3x ele shammie)
    First I was wtf is this.
    2nd try, keep slaves stacked and walk out backwards when he is going to retract his shields.
    Tank also out, make sure you do keep the lurkers down or that you can heal through them.
    Even got him down in my own recordkill,2m22 instead of 3m7s.

Regarding the 2nd boss.
    What a joke he has become.
    His cyclones throw you in the air, vertically. You land slowly, no damage done as far as I could tell.
    When there is another cyclone hittig you within a few sec, you won't be launched by that one.
    It really is a tank&spank now.

Onwards to the 3rd boss now.
    Last edited by Pallarfo : 02-10-2011 at 10:25 AM Reason: 2nd boss added.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Quote Originally Posted by Klesh View Post
    Not too hard for tank and 4 casters: Place your DPS around the boss, as far away as possible without touching the circling tornados. When he calls them in, move your tank out. Repeat. Loot.
    I have 4 casters too. I was putting them right outside the circle around him. So you're saying keep them even farther. I used to use the diamond formation at the beginning of the fight and then just leave them there. Did you have to micromanage their positioning ? Or the cyclones just passed by them?

Thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Pallarfo View Post
    Killed him in 2nd try, average 346-350 ilvl.(prot pala/resto shamman/3x ele shammie)
    First I was wtf is this.
    2nd try, keep slaves stacked and walk out backwards when he is going to retract his shields.
    Tank also out, make sure you do keep the lurkers down or that you can heal through them.
    Even got him down in my own recordkill,2m22 instead of 3m7s.
    Yes I thought of doing that with the slaves stacked but it was too late in the night. how did you manage the lurker just moved your tank to face them as he was tanking the boss ? or just healed through the damage? Another question about the lurker, do they appear at random times and if you do ignore them and heal through it do they keep pop up one at a time and disappear or keep popping up ?

Lurkers appear random it seems.
    I moved the tank around quickly so he would face them for a short time, and healed through the damage I couldn't avoid.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85