Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 59

I finally did #2 boss, just stacked my team against the pillar on top of the second level of stairs on the left. Tanked in the middle...

Keys to the fight...

- watch the boss casting bar and spam taunt when he's about to breath, mentioned before on this thread... very good tip, makes a big difference
    - avoid the tornadoes on your tank!! lol, sounds easy, but it makes it way easier if you can do this.

Thanks for all the tips... gonna try the final boss tonight... ran out of time last night, but got some practice in on the 5-packs (with the dual healers)

Boss #2 was the most troublesome for me, not sure if it's lag or not, but my tank keeps getting hit by tornado and get out of range of the healer, took me 3 tries to down him. What I finally did was, park my tank in the stair crack on the opposite side of the rest of the team, still able to get LOS and not worry much about the tornado, the rest was cake.

Boss #1 and #3 was both easy, got them down on 1st try. Guess I must been a bit lagging, on #3 even though I paid very close attention to his Static Cling, still got hit by it every time but quick dispell worked just as well, plenty of time left to run to the grounding field.

So, I've just started tackling heroic mobs, and started with the first one in this zone. The only issue I really have is with the trash right before him. The two Cloud princes.

I've tried killing the adds first, I've Tried focusing on a prince. Neither way works for me, I wiped several times each time I've been in.

About the only thing I found that kind of works is to blow all my cool downs (heroism) pain suppression, all the Prot tank cool downs.

If I dont' do this it seems I can't keep up with the dmg ( even am healing about with my 2x shaman )

Am i missing something here? No one has mentioned the two cloud princes so I'm thinking maybe I'm being dense and missing something obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyval View Post
    So, I've just started tackling heroic mobs, and started with the first one in this zone. The only issue I really have is with the trash right before him. The two Cloud princes.

I've tried killing the adds first, I've Tried focusing on a prince. Neither way works for me, I wiped several times each time I've been in.

About the only thing I found that kind of works is to blow all my cool downs (heroism) pain suppression, all the Prot tank cool downs.

If I dont' do this it seems I can't keep up with the dmg ( even am healing about with my 2x shaman )

Am i missing something here? No one has mentioned the two cloud princes so I'm thinking maybe I'm being dense and missing something obvious.
    Do you try to move out of their Starfall type AoE? It really hurts, especially when you've just started with heroics. Early on, my (single) healer was struggling to keep my tank alive too, running out of mana at the end of the fight.
    I've never killed the adds, I've focused on the Cloud Princes and tried to avoid their AoE. Sometimes you are still taking a beating cause they daze too, making it harder to escape their Starfall dmg. Things get easier with better gear.

Thanks for the tip!

I haven't really been actively avoiding the star fall, will try that. Mana wise I've been ok, just damage spiking I can't keep up with healing. Maybe the star fall dmg is pushing things past what I can heal through.

I'll try again tonight!

Makes me mad to see you beat this instance when my tank is overgeared comparatively(from screenshot) and my team has trouble with trash =(

I need to get better at boxing=D

Errm did they buff the first boss? My group is taking massive damage, I've tried hugging the boss for the whole time and then I tried moving them out midway so they only take tornado damage for a bit and it just seems that I can't keep the group alive. Even the tank starts getting beat on heavily.

I just noticed the guys outside the tornadoes, are they new? They are tossing out lightning damage like mad. And the boss spams lightning faster the longer the fight is =(

edit: wow I just realized that the first time I beat it I accidentally did it right, lol. So you need to be facing in all directions so the adds will feign death haha. Man...
    Last edited by Multibocks : 01-20-2011 at 02:52 PM

Haha, the guys outside the tornados are there from the start.
    Make sure you face them all, so they stay down and hide.
    Works for me to run through the boss with the tank, and leave the group on the otherside of the boss.
    This way you'd be facing every lurker, and they should stay down and cause you no trouble.

T -> B <- G (tank, boss-group)
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Since I was killing him right after my post:

Hope you can see my slaves in all the dust.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

ya and I finally beat the second boss in and epic battle between it, my tank and healer. Have you ever dps'd something down from 40% to dead with a tank? Ya I almost fell asleep, lol.