Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 59

Yeah I went back last night, backed them up in that wedge and kept the tank out of most of the cyclones and he went down like a champ. I did chug the resist potion on all five before the fight because I knew I was going to miss a few taunts on the breath and it also seemed to lighten my load. It took me probably five tries on the very last guy before I got used to his patterns. I ended up going into ISboxer and making the space button transparent instead of Ctr+space like I normally use and made it go to all five instead of just my off screen four and that made a huge difference. When DBM shows the countdown to the root ability I just started jumping three seconds early and keep going until it landed to account for lag. My DPS suffered but the rest of his damage was pretty trivial. I didn't have much of any problem on the trash, four hexes man is the way to go because I only had one running loose in most situations.

Cleared this for the first time last night. Wow that trash was brutal. I clearly need to work on my CC macros.

One comment that I don't think has been mentioned yet: On Ertan, if you stack on top of the boss you don't get the slow debuff from the tornadoes. If you are a little bit out, you'll get the slow debuff causing your cast times to go way up. I can't think of any downside from stacking on the boss permanently unless you are a hunter.

I stand on top of the first boss and make sure a shaman is facing in every direction. It works great.

Quote Originally Posted by balderrdash View Post
    Yeah I went back last night, backed them up in that wedge and kept the tank out of most of the cyclones and he went down like a champ. I did chug the resist potion on all five before the fight because I knew I was going to miss a few taunts on the breath and it also seemed to lighten my load. It took me probably five tries on the very last guy before I got used to his patterns. I ended up going into ISboxer and making the space button transparent instead of Ctr+space like I normally use and made it go to all five instead of just my off screen four and that made a huge difference. When DBM shows the countdown to the root ability I just started jumping three seconds early and keep going until it landed to account for lag. My DPS suffered but the rest of his damage was pretty trivial. I didn't have much of any problem on the trash, four hexes man is the way to go because I only had one running loose in most situations.
    I had to do the same thing for the last boss.

In Isboxer, I changed the space (jump) to go to all clients. I also changed it to trigger on a press and release. That way when I spam it, it gets double spammed in game.

Once I see him do a chain lightning, I start spamming away. Works everytime now

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    I stand on top of the first boss and make sure a shaman is facing in every direction. It works great.
    I do the same thing. Basically, I run all toons directly on top of the boss, use my diamond formation macro to spread the slaves out, then use my IWT key to turn the around to attack the boss.

The result? Each toon is now facing a different direction and the whole area is covered. The lurking vortexes are not even a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    I do the same thing. Basically, I run all toons directly on top of the boss, use my diamond formation macro to spread the slaves out, then use my IWT key to turn the around to attack the boss.

The result? Each toon is now facing a different direction and the whole area is covered. The lurking vortexes are not even a problem.
    Identical to what i do

For #2, if I'm thinking of the right place (crack in the stairs) you have to tank the dragon fairly close to those stairs to prevent any LOS issues, correct?

You can run pretty far on the platform with the tank, just give it a shot with riptide or something else to see when you're getting the LOS message. Downed the 2nd boss today without any issue.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Stumped on #2 boss positioning

I found a spot where i don't get knocked around but LOS'd out of 2/3's of the platform... i just go to the right pillar before going up the stairs... there is a little nook there. NOt sure if this is the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post

For the SECOND boss. I put all my shamans against the walls in each corner and it made it 100x easier, I was able to one shot him. I didn't worry about the wind position. Someone mentioned this on the forum, I couldn't find your name, so THANK YOU, that was a massive help. I tanked in the center of the room - it was a piece of cake.
    there is another trick, when he casts his lightning breath on you toons, taunt him so the tank gets the damage