Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Blog Entries

Default Reverse Round-Robin

I recently asked Lax how one would go about making a "Reverse Round Robin".
    As in, press the key in sequence and have the same character target the party in succession.
    As always, he had a simple solution to the task at hand.

Take your FTL Target Me mapped key.
    Copy it to the clipboard.

Paste it somewhere, so you now have a copy.
    I have started to make a Keymap for each individual team, which is only loaded for that specific team (to make organizing nine distinct character sets less of a nightmare), so I pasted the Mapped Key in that Keymap.

I renamed the Mapped Key, "Healer Target Me".
    I have removed the hotkey for the mapped key, as I want my hotkey to do the normal FTL Target Me still.
    Also changed the target of the mapped key, to just the Healer character.

I then made a new Mapped Key, which I have called RR Shield.
    I assigned a hotkey for this mapped key.
    Under advanced, I have the box checked reset to Step 1, after 15 seconds from first press.
    I've given this six steps; I have five toons on my team.

Step 1 Does:
    Do Mapped Key Action >> Keymap: 4xDK/Healer Team >> Mapped Key: Healer Target Me >> Target: DK 1.
    Send Keybind >> Target: Healer Character >> My wow keybind for PW: Shield
    I have checked, do not advance to next step for 1.3 seconds (1 second for the GCD, 0.3 seconds to account for latency).

Step 2 Does:
    Do Mapped Key Action >> Keymap: 4xDK/Healer Team >> Mapped Key: Healer Target Me >> Target: DK 2.
    I have checked, do not advance to next step for 1.3 seconds (1 second for the GCD, 0.3 seconds to account for latency).

Step 3 Does:
    Do Mapped Key Action >> Keymap: 4xDK/Healer Team >> Mapped Key: Healer Target Me >> Target: DK 3.

Step 4 Does:
    Do Mapped Key Action >> Keymap: 4xDK/Healer Team >> Mapped Key: Healer Target Me >> Target: DK 4.

Step 5 Does:
    Do Mapped Key Action >> Keymap: 4xDK/Healer Team >> Mapped Key: Healer Target Me >> Target: Healer

Step 6:
    No Actions.
    But have checked, do not advance to the next step for 300.0 seconds.

Adjust the Do Not Advance, for each of the Steps with an actual cast, to account for your latency and the GCD.
    Adjust the reset to Step 1, to determine how often the sequence can fire off.
    And have Step 6 long enough, that it won't loop back to Step 1 until the mapped key resets.

Then decide if you want to manually push the key, or to include it as a Do Mapped Key action, as part of something else you are already spamming.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Woot got it! been spending the last two hours trying to figure out how to do that. ISboxer is a game in a game sometimes. Recenly i noticed the second checkbox. The "For at least" what is that for so i dont have to spend 3 hours experimenting? can you discribe an example. Thanks for sharing. Im able to AoE twice the amount of mobs confidently without worrying too much about a guy gibbing.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 12-24-2010 at 10:49 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Do not advance for at least 1.5 seconds would mean if you spam the key over and over again, it will keep doing the same step each time until at least 1.5 seconds has passed from the first hit on that step.

Do not advance to the next step, without the "for at least", is new to ISBoxer 38 and may not be fully implemented. Without "for at least" it's just going to permanently remain on this step until a reset condition (e.g. "Reset to first step after . . .") or until a Mapped Key Step Action is used to adjust it
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Very smart. Thanks for that, I'll certainly be using it.

Dear Lord, I got a lot yet to understand. right now, this thread is miles over my head. I THINK what you just said Ualaa, was to have a healer to target the first team member, heal, target the next one, heal, the third one, heal, and so on... and just continue the rotation.

Yes?

Blog Entries

Correct.

If you want to PW: Shield or Renew across the team.
    Or with your druid, Rejuvenation the team.
    Could use it for Remove Curse, if a particular boss did a curse or applied poison, etc.

That kind of thing.

We used to do it with something like:
    /castsequence [@ToonA] reset=8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,Rejuvenation,Null
    /castsequence [@ToonB] reset=8 ,,,,,,,,,Rejuvenation,Null
    /castsequence [@ToonC] reset=8 ,,,,,,Rejuvenation,Null
    /castsequence [@ToonD] reset=8 ,,,Rejuvantion,Null
    /castsequence [@Player] reset=8 Rejuvenation,Null

But with the removal of commas from castsequences, those don't work anymore.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa