Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default Cata - Heroic - Halls of Origination

Heroic Halls of Origination

Temple Guardian Anhuur - Dps down in the stair well. Move out of fires...DISPELL the debuff.
    During phase 2 move all 5 guys down to the first lever pickup all the snakes and leave 1 char behind to click the lever. Move the remaining 4 over to lever 2
    and kill adds while a 2nd toon clicks lever 2. Move char 1 that clicked the first lever up ASAP (ghost wolf ftw or warlock blink)... Once you have downed the snakes interrupt the boss with the char up top.
    Drop down autofollow back to the stair well and repeat. This boss is a bitch .... he's a cock block for the others.

Earthrager Ptah - basically the same as normal. Dodge the shit on the ground dps the boss... kill the adds loot. Very simple.

Anraphet - The room is massive use it to your advantage. When he cast Alpha beam just run and don't stop untill he finishes casting. (There will be balls of death on the ground where alpha beam hit so avoid them again the room is massive).
    Dispell the tank debuff. AOE heal through the Omega Stance (single resto shaman chain heals shold be enough). Repeat and loot. It is pretty easy once you get the alpha beam part down.

Ammunae <Construct of Life> - Dps him down and kill the seedlings as soon as they spawn. That's it.

Rajh <Construct of the Sun> Dodge the cyclones, interrupt the orb, dodge the leap... aoe heal through the sunstorm. During the sunstorm blow all big cooldowns elementals, lust, etc... DPS hard. Very easy if you get a good sunstorm phase he should be at like 1mill health.
    Repeat and loot.

Setesh <Construct of Destruction> - KILL THE PORTALS and kite the constructs with your tank. DPS the boss hard and stand in the orb if possible for more dps.

Isiset <Construct of Magic> - Dps the adds, Dps the boss, keep moving from that shit on the ground that hurts. Mouse broadcast mouse look away during supernova. Focus fire 1 add only during the split. Repeat Loot.

- Bad Screenshot sorry
    Last edited by Toned : 12-21-2010 at 04:41 AM

Damn man, nice job. I have to try this. I couldn't get past the first boss on normal.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Normal the switches click fast use the same strategy that I posted for heroic to practice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Normal the switches click fast use the same strategy that I posted for heroic to practice I guess.
    Can you fraps this? It would help to see you in action doing it solo to get a feel for how you are doing some of the fights.
    Pally, mage, druid, priest and shaman on Staghelm.

Thanks for posting this. I've been having a rough time with that first boss also. Off to give it another shot!

I have not done the heroic mode yet. But on normal I simply use my tank to trigger the switch, using cooldowns to not take alot of damage, while my shaman and priest group heals the aoe. No I don't kill any snakes, I bring them with me and aoe down where my group are stationed (usualy in the stairs). I first trie with all dps and healer and tank stationed on ramp but they took too much damage and it took far more than my tank.

Update: just did on heroic and wow... first boss is a pain in the ass. The fact that those snakes have 75k hp each, taking 10 sec to activate the bloody lever is killing me, and no I can't heal through that unless I am fast. Have to do some more practice... (5 wipes and counting before I had to go to family dinner).
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 12-24-2010 at 06:00 PM

Ok, been trying this for days, and I just cannot get that first boss. Toned, any chance you can post some screenshots of exactly where you place your Tank/DPS? Do you spread them out? Because when I bunch them all up in that small little stairway, they get eaten alive by that damn ground flame before I can even get them out of it. Any additional info you can give would be greatly appreciated!
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

I just stack down in the stair well. Tank on the right corner shamans in the top left. You have to strafe as soon as you see the blue shit. You'll almost always take about 20k per toon it's pretty lame.

The first boss is next to impossible. I would say impossible but you found a way to do it. I tried for 2hrs and cannot get past the first lever phase without dying. My gear level is in the 330+ range and heroics are so freaking hard its not even funny. Some trash hits so hard I can cc two of them and still struggle to keep my tank alive spamming greater heal. There is nothing fun about this. Yesterday it took me 5hrs to finish Heroic SFK. Thats just silly.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

The first boss is next to impossible. I would say impossible but you found a way to do it. I tried for 2hrs and cannot get past the first lever phase without dying. My gear level is in the 330+ range and heroics are so freaking hard its not even funny. Some trash hits so hard I can cc two of them and still struggle to keep my tank alive spamming greater heal. There is nothing fun about this. Yesterday it took me 5hrs to finish Heroic SFK. Thats just silly.
    Its mostly a matter of gear. My guys are now in about half 333 and about half 346/359 gear. I've noticed a considerable difference, especially with trash between now and when I first started Heroics. Best advice I can give, gear-wise, is start grinding the Cataclysm reps. You get 346 gear at Revered and 359s at Exalted.

As far as the first boss here goes, yeah, he's a bitch. STILL cannot do him myself either. Just gonna wait until I have even better gear.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!