Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Normal the switches click fast use the same strategy that I posted for heroic to practice I guess.
    What's the difference with clicking the switches in heroic from normal?
    Just my girls (well the 3 DPS) can't get into heroics as there gear lvl isn't good enough yet
    But I ROFLED all over this place on normal, that first boss is a joke! Move out of the damage, run my tank to both switches and back and soon as his shield
    Is down pop BL and nuke! Granted it will for sure be harder on heroic but in normal I don't CC at all and the only hard boss is that shadow one, the optional one!

A nice little fact I noticed for temple Guardian Anhuur.
    The blue flames seems to target as soon the a previous blue flame goes out. So, if you move as soon as the first flame goes out, you can dodge it before you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by angeldeelite View Post
    What's the difference with clicking the switches in heroic from normal?
    Just my girls (well the 3 DPS) can't get into heroics as there gear lvl isn't good enough yet
    But I ROFLED all over this place on normal, that first boss is a joke! Move out of the damage, run my tank to both switches and back and soon as his shield
    Is down pop BL and nuke! Granted it will for sure be harder on heroic but in normal I don't CC at all and the only hard boss is that shadow one, the optional one!

The switches aren't instant in heroic, they have a cast time that gets pushed back by damage taken.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    The switches aren't instant in heroic, they have a cast time that gets pushed back by damage taken.
    Ahh that will be where the "this boss is a bitch" comes from then lol

snakes do more dmg have more hp, also he stack a dmg debuff on you, during the switch phase.

one thing that is good to know is that when you engage him again he will drop the blue beam on you, its nice to know since this was acctually what whiped me most times when i ran to from my team with the tank to bring him, i didnt dodge the blue beam that hit imidiately after reengaging.

thing that requires some traning is micro managing the chars u use to turn the switches, i jump dowm with my full team gather the snakes with the tank, place one char to turn the switch which takes 10 secs, while this happens i run to other side with rest of team dpsing snakes and making sure i have them all with me, turn the 2nd switch while running with 1st char to rest of group.

run up, dps snakes, drop a heal on team, engage boss, move imidiately to dodge blue beam rinse and reapeat 2 times.

dead boss.

its much like a dance, 1 2 3 4 dps boss dps boss dps boss 1 2 3 4 dps boss dps boss --- boss dead

So it looks like with patch 4.2 there is a change to the first boss. Though I THINK it may just be a bug. Anyhoo, if you try to pull him down into a stairwell after the lever phase, he'll bug out, go into EVADE, and go back to full health, while still using his abilities on the group. If you wait, he eventually WILL pop into the stairwell, but with full health. So I'm now having to run the whole team back up to the walkway in front of him and pulling him. Its a pain in the ass because the team is almost dead at that point and its taking alot of mana doing group heals, etc. Its still do-able, but its much harder, and without all these 4.2 gear upgrades, it wouldnt have been possible for me. Just a heads-up. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Also, it may be my imagination, but the troggs in the gauntlet seem to be respawning a hell of a lot faster!
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-01-2011 at 01:39 PM Reason: Use The Edit Function
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

I always fight him up top. As soon as he shields himself, I jump down to either side of the stairs, range kill (to avoid getting poisoned with all toons) 2 or 3 snakes and click the lever with my tank. Then I move to the other side (stairs up and down again, takes a while but well) and do the same. When his shield is down I move back up to him.
    His AoE stacks to 35 or so, nothing my Prayer of Healing couldn't handle though.

Ok so I did the first boss on my first ever try lol. I was extremely lucky and finished him off with just my healer and tank standing. I wish I would of frapsed that fight but I never intended on actually getting him down. I didn't have time to try and finish the instance so I logged off happy for the night.

Next day I went back to give it another try, and wow...failed miserably lol. What was killing me was jumping off the platform, it just took too much damn health. And trying to pull the boss back to the stairs just felt awkward for me, I'm a noobish boxer as it is and trying to position the boss was something I just didn't like doing.

You can see in my video I just tanked him where he stood and ran back to the stairs then walk to the levers when he goes invulnerable. Waste of time but kept my health pool in check somewhat.I panicked at the end and finished him off this time with the tank and 1 dps standing lol. Not as awesome as my first try but funny still.

All this with 1 holy pally, 1 blood dk, and 3 frost dps dk. mostly 333 blues, couple justice epics, and the CoC 333 wepaons ;p . And my macros are by far not very optimal because I'm just lazy when it comes to tinkering with Isboxer and redoing some keymaps and whatnot. Plus alot of the advanced setups I read about in the forums just give me a big headache when I think about trying to implement them lol.

I originally started the group with high hopes in PVP, but I took about a 7 month wow break. Trying to catch up to all the geared out people in BG's and arenas is just a bitch at this point, so I pretty much just focus on PvE now. I only do a couple BG's and arena to slowly work my way to better weapons, but thats about it. OK enough rambling, here is link to vid! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97rJ4TyVlc8

APPARENTLY IM A NOOB POSTER TOO! I cant stop this post from showing as one big ass block of text, sorry maybe a moderator can fix it but i tried a couple times to break it up into paragraphs with no luck. I suck lol.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-26-2011 at 02:55 AM Reason: fixed

For what it's worth, I still can't kill the first boss here on Heroic, even with lots of 359 gear. I'm sure it's just a skill deficiency on my part. It just seems to take me ages to do the 2 levers and my resto shaman can't keep up with the healing. I end up almost dead on all 5 toons by the time I'm back up top after clicking levers and I just can't spread out again, interrupt boss, avoid blue flame, etc... fast enough.

Well I don't care what others said. The first boss is not easy without 365 gears. It needs some skills if you don't have the class combo and gear. Shaman is weak in box AOE healing. Back then I did with all 5 melees, it was hard. and let me tell you I spent at least 5k Gold on each character for repairs on this guy. I used DK tank, Ret paladin, Arm Warrior, Enhance shaman, Holy Paladin.

the strategy only works for all melee group but the phase 2 snake pit should be the same:

1. you have to dispel the magic debuff. this is simple enough.

2. you have to know/predict when the blue flame will hit the area you are currently standing on. move before the flame hits. The flame doesn't hurt that much even when it hits. But you need to be full on HP when phase 2 comes. So if you get hit by the flame, and you are at 70%hp when phase 2 starts, you can forget it. reset needed.

3. A little skill required on this. For phase 2 when he starts to channel, you go down from the platform to the stairs. don't take falling damage. land on the stairs, not on the ground. Have tank (DK for me) pick up all snakes. Put down healing stream totem. Switch to another dps slave to channel pulling the switch. at the same time started healing group on your healer. you can mash your DPS keys fine during this time as the dps slave who is channling won't break. AOE kill the snakes. Everyone should be at full when you finish 1 side. Repeat for the other side. When you finish both sides, your group should be at full since you are always healing when the dps slave is pulling the switch. Now finish the snakes and run upstairs. Don't let the snakes attack you all the way. Earthbind + Magma.

4. for second round, you do the same thing. During the run for upstairs, use everything you got to stay alive. Drink a pot, use defensive CD (Divine Sacrifice-30% on group), whatever you can. Then remember to dodge blue flame again to finish the boss.
    Last edited by remanz : 09-26-2011 at 07:44 PM