Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    The first boss is next to impossible. I would say impossible but you found a way to do it. I tried for 2hrs and cannot get past the first lever phase without dying. My gear level is in the 330+ range and heroics are so freaking hard its not even funny. Some trash hits so hard I can cc two of them and still struggle to keep my tank alive spamming greater heal. There is nothing fun about this. Yesterday it took me 5hrs to finish Heroic SFK. Thats just silly.

Re-evaluate your setup, because SFK at that gear level should take you like an hour or so.

What setup are you running now still ele x4 + pal?

My setup is Pally, Priest, Lock, Mage, Shaman. The first boss of Halls is impossible for me right now.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Your warlock portal makes interrupting him pretty easy. Have your lock click the first switch. Then port up top. Rain of fire the snakes that are on the rest of your group if possible.

Have one of your other dps click then 2nd switch soon as you get those 4 there. Be killing the adds with your Tank + Healer + 1 Dps + Lock Rain of Fire from above.

After 2nd switch is down finish off the snakes the best you can and make your way to the stairwell. Use the lock to interrupt the boss and then get to the stairwell... Finish up any snakes that are left before the boss gets there.

This boss is definately not easy. I'd suggest you farm Vortex Pinnacle, SFK, BRC to get your gear up first.

Toned, thanks so much for the strats. I never though I'd be able to do it. Tokov helped me heal this one, but man, I needed it. So I tanked and dps'd, Tokov healed.

Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Yay I knew you could do it.

I've been working on some other zones. When I get some new full clears with easy to follow strats I'll post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalros View Post
    Its mostly a matter of gear. My guys are now in about half 333 and about half 346/359 gear. I've noticed a considerable difference, especially with trash between now and when I first started Heroics. Best advice I can give, gear-wise, is start grinding the Cataclysm reps. You get 346 gear at Revered and 359s at Exalted.

As far as the first boss here goes, yeah, he's a bitch. STILL cannot do him myself either. Just gonna wait until I have even better gear.
    I just wanted to highlight this statement: This all gets MUCH easier with gear. In particular if you can focus on your healer you will see a big difference.

Gear your Tank First your Healer 2nd DPS last... Little opposite of the norm... Healers gear pretty much decides most fights. Having a geared tank also makes the healers mana go further

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Gear your Tank First your Healer 2nd DPS last... Little opposite of the norm... Healers gear pretty much decides most fights. Having a geared tank also makes the healers mana go further
    My tank is up to i346 now. As the tank gets more powerful it gets easier. I agree gear the tank first.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Need a little help on the melee group vs the first boss.

Divine Reckoning : is this the dot that I have to cleanse ? Or it heals the boss back to full ? or It heals the boss anyway regardless if I cleanse it or not.

I am running with rets can't really dispel anything. If cleanse is required, then I have to switch to a holy paladin. Also I was thinking, what happen if I drag him down to the stairs? So I am closer to the switches. OR I have to fight him on 2nd floor.

cleanse
    Last edited by Dorffo : 04-28-2022 at 11:38 PM