Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default Cata - Heroic Deadmines

This guy phase 1 is a piece of cake, tank and spank. Save hero until phase 2 - which is the real challenge.

This took me about 5-6 tries to finally down him. You just need to get the hang of it.

He rotates a fire line around himself that goes clockwise that you have to keep moving to avoid hitting it. It's a line that goes across the area so you have to always stay on 1/2 of his side.
    He also spawns tiny adds that add up quick. You need to magma and firenova them, as well as Thunderstorm them every chance you get.
    I also would do a earth bind when I was moving, and then a stone claw right after to help absorb the adds damage.

Also, try and make sure your tank is in range to melee the boss, I missed a lot of dps because my tank was too far back several times, he was just sitting there waiting to move to the next spot.

I had my shamans on follow the entire time in phase 2 as well.

Last edited by Kicksome : 12-16-2010 at 08:25 PM
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Grats on the kill.

Strats for the next boss MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE.

Almost killed the reaper 5000 with a burst and Zerg approach. Tank
    Needs more gear/health the fire adds hit hard. Also need to craft shamans
    Some epics. I only tried once got him to 35-38%. Didn't bother figuring out a legit
    Reaper strat will update when I do.

On boss 2 (Helix), if you stand underneath the logs facing away from where the boss is standing originally, it seems that you do not get hit by the thrown bombs. In addition, since you are standing under the log, when the bomb planted on your chest explodes, you just go up to the log. This turns the fight into a basic tank & spank.

I haven't tried boss 3 yet because as soon as I saw 'vehicle' I exited the instance .

Thanks olibri1, I'll give that a shot on boss 2. I tried it once and it just seemed too complex for my liking.
    But I'm anxious to try the Log strat.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Hi,

I can confirm the log tactic works. Stay below and you almost don;t get a bomb on you.
    3rd boss is a pain, haven't gotten him down so far.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

I've been trying to zerg down the third boss. I've actually gotten pretty close. I don't really do heroics for gear anymore just for achievements and chaos orbs. Hopefully when i finish off my LW epics I'll be able to pull off the zerg tactic.

Forgot to screen shot Admiral Ripsnarl and Foe Reaper 5000

Foe Reaper 5000 is definitely the hardest boss in the instance. Don't try DPS'ing him down unless you got T11. Put tank half way up the ramp and the slaves you're going to use as dps at the top. You will have to manually control the vehicle part at the bottom. I killed boss on my second try.

Admiral Ripsnarl is an easy / hard fight. Hit starts hitting harder and fast the longer he is up. However the steam things need to killed quickly. They have about 70k hp each and do a cone of cold ability.

"Captain" Cookie is a dps race plain and simple. Don't stand in the green food or pick up the green food. Pickup the food with a white circle around it though, it has a haste buff. I suggest blowing CDs for this fight, lust and all.

Vanessa VanCleef before the actual fight with her you have to complete each Nightmare of the previous bosses. First is don't stand in the fire and avoid the falling ice, 2-3 hit will kill you. One you kill the first guy get you butt in the corner by the door because the entire room turns into a spider nest, DON'T AOE, just nuke the second boss fast. Third fight is Foe Reapers nightmare. Starts out with a Mario avoid the sparks game. Do this one toon at a time, there is a small safe spot you can stand at the end before aggroing the boss. Final fight is with Ripsnarl, simply save his family members that are being attacked by worgen. The worgen are CCable and the family members are healable. Finally on to the fight with Vanessa. Adds will spawn randomly so be ready to kill those. At 50%, 33% and 0% hp she'll blow up the boat. Ropes will spawn on the side that you have to click to swing away and live. After you swing back Vanessa will NOT attack untill you attack her, however you are still in combat so regenerate at a slow pace to your hearts content.
    Interested in the worlds largest multiboxer guild for Classic WoW?
    <Overload> Multiboxer guild for end game raiding
    Server: Herod - NA-PvP, Eastern
    Faction: Horde
    Raid Time: 6pm-11pm EST on Sat, Sun, Tues.
    Discord:https://discord.gg/keWJpHF

Good shit. We ran this with some guildies my g/f did the reaper part. After I saw how easy it was I was going to try a DPS in the reaper bit.
    You're doing awesome shit Zal. You just need Grim Batol and Throne of the Tides now. I've been working on those and I think they're both
    doable just gotta practice practice.
    Last edited by Toned : 01-11-2011 at 07:51 PM

Impressive Zal!