Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

I'm using a gtx 275 for my 4 slaves, this card controls 2 monitors. (2x 23" portrait)
    My main card is a gtx460, which controls 1 monitor with the main on it.
    Works perfect!
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Quote Originally Posted by Pallarfo View Post
    I'm using a gtx 275 for my 4 slaves, this card controls 2 monitors. (2x 23" portrait)
    My main card is a gtx460, which controls 1 monitor with the main on it.
    Works perfect!
    I would love to know how you setup that install. I have both those cards but when i run them in the system i get no screen response.

Which one is first in your pci express slots?

Thank you

GTX 460 is in first pci slot, the gtx275 is in the 2nd.
    Windows sees the monitor as following:

So 2 and 3 are on the 275.
    Windows shows the background image on all monitors.
    When you're not getting that, something is wrong with your setup.
    I am using Windows7 premium, 64bit.
    Haven't used my system with vista in this way, but should work as far as i know.
    Kul Tiras - EU: [A] Prot Pala +3x Shaman + Mage @ 110
    Lots of others around 85

Thank you. I was trying it on a vista 64bit in the same manner as you have listed and the frame rate was worse than with just both monitors plugged into one card. It was acting like the old xp setups across multiple monitors. The 460 is a beast but it seems to have fps issues when i have wow across two monitors. The second i have isboxer put everything into monitor 1 all issues go away. I can still use internet browsers and anything else on the second monitor but when a wow window is on the second monitor is will eventually max out the gpu usage and then the usage will stay pegged until i exit out of wow and come back in. After that it will be fine for awhile but then the issue returns. All the time my gpu temp is at 42c. Very strange.

I have not tried it in win 7 but my guess is that would fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Oh, actually... now with that option added right into WoW's video settings you can use whatever software you'd like to do it.
    I apologize I am still adjusting to Cataclysm as I'm sure most people are.

I'm not 100% sure you would gain performance, if you've got the cards you might as well run some tests yourself. I would say
    the 470 should be sufficient to run 5 games on, let alone 2.
    Considering we've been running wow fine on older hardware (9800/8800) for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeTwins View Post
    I believe you can run non matched nvidia video cards so that one of them processes all of the physics and the main one processes all of the rest. It isn't sli since they don't match but I think it can speed up gpu processing.

I am not sure if there is anything special you need to do in order to configure it but a quick google search would probably give you any answers you needed in that regard.
    Herp derp. To my knowledge WoW does not utilize Physx, nor should it. It is correct that you can run non-matched nvidia cards so that one does physx and the other one does the rendering. THIS ONLY IMPROVES PERFORMANCE IF YOU WERE EXPERIENCING A BOTTLENECK IN THE FIRSTPLACE, AND ONLY IF YOU NEED PHYSX.

Again, to my knowledge wow does not use physx, so such a setup is pointless (for two characters. I fully support multiple cards when boxing 5+ characters for more performance, in which case rendering is split between cards)

Quote Originally Posted by Payne View Post
    That's an interesting option that I hadn't considered. If you don't mind my asking, could you explain how that would help? If no monitor is connected to the second card, and they're not in SLI (which I hear is bad for WoW anyway), what is the second card doing?

Many thanks.
    The second card does NOTHING except for consume power and produce heat (albeit at lower levels than your main card)

Quote Originally Posted by Nsaeyn View Post
    Thank you. I was trying it on a vista 64bit in the same manner as you have listed and the frame rate was worse than with just both monitors plugged into one card. It was acting like the old xp setups across multiple monitors. The 460 is a beast but it seems to have fps issues when i have wow across two monitors. The second i have isboxer put everything into monitor 1 all issues go away. I can still use internet browsers and anything else on the second monitor but when a wow window is on the second monitor is will eventually max out the gpu usage and then the usage will stay pegged until i exit out of wow and come back in. After that it will be fine for awhile but then the issue returns. All the time my gpu temp is at 42c. Very strange.

I have not tried it in win 7 but my guess is that would fix it.
    I'm not sure what to say about that. Possibly a driver issue. Having run five clients across multiple monitors with both older nvidia hardware (9600GT/9800GX2) and newer ATI hardware (5850), I have had few issues.

TL;DR

YOU SHOULD BE JUST FINE WITH BOTH MONITORS PLUGGED INTO THE SAME CARD
    Hardware Lurker