Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Cata - Grim Batol

Still going strong 1 war tank 4 ele sham!
    Also done The Stonecore and The Votex Pinnacle just no screenies for them they were too ez!
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 12-17-2010 at 02:20 PM
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

I tried squinting but couldn't see anything in that screenshot.

What levels and classes are your guys?

Gratz on your clear!

Did you use any special tactics for the last boss? I didn't even reach half of his HP while the other bosses were pretty doable. I might be doing something wrong but don't know what.
    Executus - EU Alliance
    1x Prot Paladin + 4 Shamans

Great job on the clear.
    What 's the dps like on your shammies ? I can really tell from the screenshot as recount is too small.

After countless wipes on the last boss but more importantly the hideous trash mobs in there, managed to beat Grim Batol with my team of Prot Paladin, Arcane Mage, Holy Priest (much better disc so changing soon), Destro Warlock, Elemental shaman. Here are some things I did.

Trash mobs:

I tried CCing almost everything I could, elementals using banish and bind elemental (specially those big ones), and the mage sheeping any caster. It helps if you could damage a few groups when riding the drake, but unlike normal groups its quite hard to do so with all 5 of them. 2 at most for me.

General Umbriss

Not much in here. I knew I would be taking long from boss to boss so used up my Bloodlust and burned him down, making sure to heal alot when the tank had the dot, and taunting the adds that came by. No wipes on this one.

Forgemaster Throngus

2 wipes. First wipe was due to not understanding completely how his weapon mode worked. While on shield, had to keep moving back and forth using follow. But ended up bad. While on mace, had to kite him but I went out of range and failed (wipe 2). On third attempt it was more easy since he started off with the swords, which I healed through. Used bloodlust and burned him to 30% or so when he brought the mace, which I managed to kite around this time.

Drahga Shadowburner

He was quite easy on my attempt. Just drop him to 50%, making sure the elementals are burned down as they appear. Then when he brings the drake I had to keep moving him and watching for the adds. Used bloodlust in this phase and brought it to 10%, the rest was like phase 1. No wipes on this boss.

Erudax

This one was just a pain in the ass till I managed to get things right. About 10 wipes (1 repair session). My slaves were all bunched up, not too far from the tank but far enough to avoid the shadow root. So far I saw a pattern, He first shoots the binding root to my slaves, which I start straffling when he begins casting (i know its too early but better early than late). then I resume dpsing. He will then cast the shadow gale I think it was called, which spawns mostly on random location. I hit follow and position myself. Even while casting the boss will hit your tank so I kept healing with hots and PoM. Once every slaves are in position I used Bloodlust. This downed him to around 40% before even calling any adds. The first 7 wipes were due to not killing the adds, and it healed the boss to nearly full all the time. So I positioned the boss once the first shadow gale was off to the left side of the room near the eggs. This I believe is random on where the adds will go. In my successfull attempt both times it went on the left side so I could burn it down.

Key is to dodge the binding shadow, position your group on the right spot for the shadow gale, burn down the adds asap before they heal the boss.

Will put a link on my kill tommorrow. It was harder to manage the adds than anything in this instance. Total run time was around 2.5hours.

Just move towards the portal and grab them as they come out... you can even leave the shadow gale a few sec early to get there before he's out...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoah35 View Post
    Drahga Shadowburner

He was quite easy on my attempt. Just drop him to 50%, making sure the elementals are burned down as they appear. Then when he brings the drake I had to keep moving him and watching for the adds. Used bloodlust in this phase and brought it to 10%, the rest was like phase 1. No wipes on this boss.
    What I like to do for this boss is position my slaves a bit backwards in the hallway towards the boss and my tank right at the beginning of the boss' area. That way all the fire elementals spawn inside the big square area and move towards the same location. Easy to burn them down that way and you don't have to move the boss that much.

Thanks for the writeup on Erudax. Hope to have another go at him sometime soon.
    Executus - EU Alliance
    1x Prot Paladin + 4 Shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Toned View Post
    Just move towards the portal and grab them as they come out... you can even leave the shadow gale a few sec early to get there before he's out...
    Thanks for the tip. Will try that when I have the guts to return to that dungeon.

I started working on this zone over the weekend.

Trash really worked on my CC skills, wasn't able to get by the first named (though only tried about 4 times).

First question is on CC.
    I have key binds so I can set each dps focus target, then one key that will do the CC (sheep, hex, banish). For this zone I was using 2 hexes and 2 banish.

I would get my focus targets, then run up and pull with the tank, run back (sometimes using line of sight to bring everyone in), then spam the cc skill a couple times as the mobs came in range (got around corner etc.)
    This seemed to work okay but didn't seem super elegant, kind of messy at times, as the mobs would be CC'd and meandering around my team.

How do others do this?

Finally on the first named, I would do okay, adds would come round them up fine, but then suddenly my tanks hitpoints would just drain out, at first I thought it was just the debuff the boss puts on the tank, but seemed something else was going on, I just couldn't keep the tank up, even when sending heals from my shaman as well.

I did some reading and I read something about the malignant trogg that needs to be CC'd or I guess not killed at any rate (sounded like he had a debuff too, or maybe it was boss gets dmg buff if he dies).

At any rate it seemed something else was going on, but from this thread it sounds like there wasn't anything special about the fight (other than avoiding his charge).

Do folks just leave up all the adds beating on the tank? I thought I read if you don't kill the malignant one more adds won't spawn...

You can cc or blow up the malignant, his hit points are trivial on normal so I just blew him up. If you cc him they don't keep coming which I guess matters a lot more on heroic, I haven't tried that.