Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 46

Default Cata - The Stonecore Down

I managed to get Stonecore done last night. It was a little tricky, but nothing too bad.
    My group is 4x ele shamans and 1x Druid tank. My guys were 82, and they barely met the requirement to random Q for it. I basically used any of the gear I got from questing/instances to upgrade my characters to meet the requirement.

The first worm was really easy, just tank, and then keep moving when he goes underground. Stop and heal your group to full when possible.

The second dragon boss was very easy, just tank him facing away from your group. Strafe your group out of the fire zones. When he goes up in the air, all follow each other and avoid the rocks that fall. Pick him up when he lands, and reposition your alts.

The third boss was the rock boss. He was easy. Just avoid the ground slam by running your tank out, and keep your dps at range.

The last boss was a bitch. The adds were a killer. What I ended up doing was keeping all my guys together when she went up in the air, and then tons of adds came (Too many to pick with my tank). So, I used a earth bind totem, 4 magma's and then fire nova'd them. That was the trick! (Thanks to Kensin/Zulian from KJ for letting me know about this). Once I figured that out, it was much, much easier and I didn't get killed by the adds. You do need to keep moving quit a bit and spam follow because your guys get thrown around a bunch. There are void zones as well, and rocks fall at certain points. Stop and heal when you can. I think I probably wiped 8-10 times before I figured out the earthbind/maga/fire nova strat and then it worked great.

Last edited by Kicksome : 12-08-2010 at 10:00 AM Reason: added some strats
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Nice!

I am still struggling with the first boss in this dungeon... Either the small adds kill me or the big worm fling my toons away and all get scattered.
    Cant stop for some heals either because the worm will do his thing before i get them off.
    I dunno.. guessing it might be the gear. Will pull it off eventually
    Paladin + 4 shamans btw.

Well done. I'm keen to see how things improve when you can drop 4x Healing Rain @ 83 - I hope

I finally got Stonecore down on my Pally 4x DK team. For me the fights came down to mana--In order to keep on top of the amount of AE damage most of the bosses did I had to use Flash Heal which really lowered my endurance. I wiped a lot on the second boss before I was able to get it down--Unfortunately as a melee team it's just a pita.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    The first worm was really easy, just tank, and then keep moving when he goes underground. Stop and heal your group to full when possible.
    You make this sound so easy.

The ground is erupting everywhere. Only 2nd try so far, but I'm not sure where to run. I move immediately.

Might try spanning out, cause this is no where near as easy as the Ick Crick movement fight.
    Warfather + Scrub + Fumble + Bumble + Botch
    Ravenholdt - US

There is no fucking rhyme or reason to his underground movement. This first boss is bs. I run in a straight line, he kills me. I run - stop (twelve hours later the alts catch up, he's killed them)...

Love to hear a strat on this or I'll post one if I figure this shit out.

Here's what DOES NOT WORK:

line them up - move them forward all at once when the rumbling starts around them.

Zig zag - costs time when turning.

Sideways movement - same as line up, but the underground bumping tends to be side to side more.

Skipping this dungeon til I'm at least 83. Pissed.
    Last edited by thedreameater : 12-09-2010 at 01:00 PM
    Ravenholdt - US

Just been there wiping endlessly on the last boss. Group configuration of Prot Paladin, Arcane Mage, Destro Warlock, Disc Priest and elemental shaman. Simply couldn't keep up with the adds, ended up having to bring a healer friend. Problem was the add control. seemed when she enters on phase 2 I never have enough void zones to keep the adds occupied.

All my chars were lvl 84, using every possible way to kill the adds but its just too hectic. Specialy on phase 2 the swarm of adds just gets me. Have to revise a bit my tactics or the group config before getting another go at this.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreameater View Post

The ground is erupting everywhere. Only 2nd try so far, but I'm not sure where to run. I move immediately.

Might try spanning out, cause this is no where near as easy as the Ick Crick movement fight.
    Sorry you're having trouble the stupid worm.

Here's what I do exactly.

1) run my druid to the worm
    2) stop my shaman alts about 10 feet away from the worm.
    3) turn the worm sideways so he's facing to the side of my alts
    4) when the shards come down on my shamans, I press my strafe alts button (it strafes my 4 alts but not my tank - it's my mouse wheel - left and right tilt button thing).

5) he goes under, and I group all my guys up, and keep moving just run in a big circle
    6) little bugs come, a have earth bind on round robin, and the I put down 4 magmas
    7) when he comes up for a sec and goes down again, he hopefully doesn't hit me, that's when I immediately heal all, and then kill as many bugs as possible, magma + fire nova ASAP.
    8) he comes up again for good, I press (Back up on my alts, and attack with my tank - pulling the worm back).
    repeat...

Hopefully that helps. I know some fights are a bitch, depending on your comp, and what keys you have setup.

Good luck!
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by thedreameater View Post

That doesn't bode well for me hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    Sorry you're having trouble the stupid worm.

Here's what I do exactly.

1) run my druid to the worm
    2) stop my shaman alts about 10 feet away from the worm.
    3) turn the worm sideways so he's facing to the side of my alts
    4) when the shards come down on my shamans, I press my strafe alts button (it strafes my 4 alts but not my tank - it's my mouse wheel - left and right tilt button thing).

5) he goes under, and I group all my guys up, and keep moving just run in a big circle
    6) little bugs come, a have earth bind on round robin, and the I put down 4 magmas
    7) when he comes up for a sec and goes down again, he hopefully doesn't hit me, that's when I immediately heal all, and then kill as many bugs as possible, magma + fire nova ASAP.
    8) he comes up again for good, I press (Back up on my alts, and attack with my tank - pulling the worm back).
    repeat...

Hopefully that helps. I know some fights are a bitch, depending on your comp, and what keys you have setup.

Good luck!
    This is why I love the boxing community. Thanks for the in depth walkthrough - I'll try it in a bit. Seems like questing is better for leveling faster, though, and I'm loving Uldum right now.

Awesome advice. This is gonna work. The mobs killed me, cause I didn't Magma Nova them, but I was able to circle and live. When he rose, everyone but the tank was dead, but I'm closer. Gonna go back at 84.

Thanks!
    Last edited by thedreameater : 12-09-2010 at 10:36 PM
    Ravenholdt - US