Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 46

Seeing the dust is a matter of your graphics settings if I'm not mistaken, you will want your ground clutter and/or your particle density turned up.
    Been here for 12 months, and just now found how to add a Signature.

I hadn't changed any graphics settings, but like I said maybe my view was further out. It was just really strange though, the fight seemed so much less chaotic, I was able to see where the worm was headed, mostly avoid the dust, stop and kill some adds. Something just clicked I guess, I was like, "huh, why exactly was I wiping so much to this fight..." (hadn't leveled or gotten new gear either).

Perhaps the "running around and screaming like a little girl with no rhyme or reason", isn't a strat I should adopt for other fights when trying to figure them out hehe.

Interesting, on Corr I don't even run at all. I sneak around behind him and put all of my slaves at the edge of the cliff facing the worm. Then, I move around to the side of him to pull. Everything else is as normal, but I just AoE spam and heal through his tunneling without moving. In phase 3 I focus on cleaning up some adds then take the boss out.

The 2nd boss is a movement fight... and it seems that the pillars break LoS so keeping healed is a pain. I found strafing to be the best way to get through this.

Third boss is easy if you clear the mobs around his entryway ... just a healing endurance fight (mana management was a real issue for me :P )

Final boss has been a wipefest. There is just too much chaos and Warlock AoE isn't friendly for movement. My mage team will probably not even blink on this boss.

I'll come back later when I have time.
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 2xMage, Warlock, Priest
    Paldius, Magria, Magrib, Walina, Priset
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 3xWarlock, Shaman
    Ghallo, Warlisia, Warlisib, Warlisic, Pleo!

I've frapped a Pal+4shammies 5boxing of the final boss to share in case there's still interest. It was tricky to find something that worked for me so I'm always looking for better ways too.

My shammies are 82 and the pal is 84.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFcPLHkmdA

For me this dungeon was a living hell, or well.. Parts of it!

The first boss took me a few times and a few wipes but i realised that it was not the AoE damage that throws you away when he goes underground that killed me, but the small bugs that comes along the road..
    The solution to this was to simply place all of my slaves towards the wall, where they would NOT get knocked away.
    This was done so that my healer could actually heal all players with no LoS problem and the dpsers could AoE down the "bugs". Since this was done it's been a tank and spank encounter.

The last one, Azil is a real pain however
    I lost the count of times i've been here wiping and trying to figure out a working strategy..

Eventually today i got it! The problem was that my healer kept dying all the time, too many adds, too many circles, too many stones everywhere..
    So what i simply did and could recommend, if you have another slave, capable of healing, respec to heal mode and have him assigned to focus on your mainhealer only/mostly, that way your mainhealer stays alive. Sure, you might lose 4-6 000 dps, but i think survival compensate for that It all actually went very smooth and easy once i did this

Edit: I did use Gravity wells to get rid of 75% of the adds, i usually ran through it to the other side instead of around(to save time). Also worth noticing is that if you can easily top your hp with this method, and lack aoe, then you can also use the Shards(stones) to kill the adds, as you can easily survive it with all your slaves, might even be possible to survive 2, but don't go there!
    Last edited by Cyphoner : 02-03-2011 at 11:57 PM

Anyone done this in heroic ? especially 1st and 2nd boss ?

We cant get past the 1st in Heroic, 3 mages 1 priest healer.... fiance on pally tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    Anyone done this in heroic ? especially 1st and 2nd boss ?

We cant get past the 1st in Heroic, 3 mages 1 priest healer.... fiance on pally tank...
    it's so difficult i usually skip the first 2 bosses when i get it on random heroics....
    http://5box.blog.com/2011/03/15/ston...heroic-5boxed/

would love to see fraps of a successful 5boxing tho' for those 2 bosses...

Been running 5 hunters on normal mode for xp (team is lvl 83) without any problem! First phase is tank n spank, second phase i run in circles and popping explosive trap and misdirection + multishot! Same tac on second boss, they key is to move frequently

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneye View Post
    I've frapped a Pal+4shammies 5boxing of the final boss to share in case there's still interest. It was tricky to find something that worked for me so I'm always looking for better ways too.

My shammies are 82 and the pal is 84.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFcPLHkmdA

Thanks! You definitely gave me a better way to do this. I also might try someone elses suggestion and take my boomkin resto for the fight (which would free up my 3k dps frost mage to go fire for replenish)

Edi: to go fire because I wouldn't need the frost replenish, I mean

Has anyone been able to finish this with an all melee team? I am getting wiped with by Azil and her adds. Melee are just getting pwned.

I am at level 84 and still not having success. 4 DK and Priest.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)