Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 46

I STRONGLY recommend that you spend some time kitting yourself out with gear from whatever zones are available via questing before you try the equal level instances. The HP and DPS gap is gigantic--I wiped a dozen times in Stonecore and then just did a few more quests and then one or two shotted everything.

Keep your head up, and don't let the doom'n'gloom get you down.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I STRONGLY recommend that you spend some time kitting yourself out with gear from whatever zones are available via questing before you try the equal level instances. The HP and DPS gap is gigantic--I wiped a dozen times in Stonecore and then just did a few more quests and then one or two shotted everything.

Keep your head up, and don't let the doom'n'gloom get you down.

Do you think having higher Item level gear makes you take less damage even if the gear is not better than some 251 stuff?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    Do you think having higher Item level gear makes you take less damage even if the gear is not better than some 251 stuff?
    Compare the stats of course. But yeah... Higher level items usually mean better gear.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

I was having a lot of trouble on this fight. It seems to come down to luck, because every time I tried to autofollow in phase 2 he'd suddenly rumble under me and scatter my alts in the opposite direction of my tank. I got lolwormtrolled.

But then a miracle happened!

I realized this boss was skippable. Go F@#$ yourself Blizz.

Ok this instance is pissing me off big time. I am in the chamber of fanatics and all the mobs are aggroing me whenever I fight. I know to kill the sentry first so thats not the issue. I think this instance is bugged because I am sheep pulling a few nowhere near anyone and all the packs come running. Yesterday I was attacking one mob and it caused about 15 to come attack me. Has anyone suffered the same chain aggro as I have in this place? No way to get past it when you have over 10 mobs on you.
    Epicurus

@pinotnoir:

After completing Hyjal my average ilevel was in the 290's iirc. That's a huge step up from 251, and the Cata gear gives a lot more weight to Stamina.

The difference between doing Stonecore at "early" 83 compared to "late" was gigantic for me.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Whats up with those adds chaining? Is that a bug or normal? I had 1 guy alive from a wipe and I attacked him and it pulled about 15 mobs down the road. I think the place is bugged.
    Epicurus

Whats up with those adds chaining? Is that a bug or normal? I had 1 guy alive from a wipe and I attacked him and it pulled about 15 mobs down the road. I think the place is bugged.
    Did you aggro a female orc with torch ? and did not kill her in time ? she is non-elite and will alarm other groups. 1 group is about 5 mobs. and 1 caster can summon about 5-10 imps.

I know to kill the sentry first so thats not the issue.
    And I know that you know, but since Remanz asked I can too. Did you get all 3 sentries?

What I like to do (I'm a pallytank) is exorcism/avenger's shield the sentry. Instant corpse.
    But the other two have really inconvenient paths so I kinda sometimes have to save avenger's shield for the rift openers so I can pull them silenced.

Between sentries snitching, ogres shockwave & victory leap & knockback, endless imps, magma spooge, this room is pretty brutal and it's almost like each pack is harder than the last. When I pug-tank it I just kill everything in the middle and on the right wall, but when I'm multiboxing it I kill the whole room going clockwise (and taking care to kill the middle)

Patience. Let the enemy approacheth thine eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooni View Post
    And I know that you know, but since Remanz asked I can too. Did you get all 3 sentries?

What I like to do (I'm a pallytank) is exorcism/avenger's shield the sentry. Instant corpse.
    But the other two have really inconvenient paths so I kinda sometimes have to save avenger's shield for the rift openers so I can pull them silenced.

Between sentries snitching, ogres shockwave & victory leap & knockback, endless imps, magma spooge, this room is pretty brutal and it's almost like each pack is harder than the last. When I pug-tank it I just kill everything in the middle and on the right wall, but when I'm multiboxing it I kill the whole room going clockwise (and taking care to kill the middle)

Patience. Let the enemy approacheth thine eye.
    This last try there was one sentry left way down by the boss. I had stuff up top aggroing that was several pulls away from the last sentry. Unless those things can call pats 100meters away I have no idea whats wrong with that room.
    Epicurus