Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 10 wow accounts on one machine, 6 monitors (eyefinity 6)

Just thought it looked cool. I couldn't resist the cata promotion, so created 5 new accounts and I'm 10boxing now. bleh, lol. I also recently switched from pure hardware to pure software. (my hardware wouldn't run 10, upgrading it would have been almost as muhc as the new hardware, and i get to use my 6 monitors for productivity now (eyefinity 6 for the win). As an aside, egads, isboxer is pure win. Logged them all in and did a print screen with task manager in the foreground. Warning, its huuuge. Thumbnailed version from Picasa below, and a link to the full version at imagehack (3840x2048, 2 megs). Runs pretty well. Dal sort of lags a bit with all 10, but is playable.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1379/insanity3.jpg
    Last edited by Ishar : 12-07-2010 at 01:39 PM Reason: Typos

So I see 16 GB of Ram, but what Processor are you running?
    Been here for 12 months, and just now found how to add a Signature.

I suppose I should have listed the system specs, oops. Processor is an Amd 1090T, the ram is ddr3 1333, and the 3d card is a sapphire Radeon HD 5870 2GB Eyefinity 6 edition, I also stuck wow and windows on a OCZ Agility 90 gig ssd. Mobo is an ASRock 890FX delux 3.
    Last edited by Ishar : 12-07-2010 at 02:25 PM

That looks like 3 monitors in portrait mode. Can you take a photo of your monitors in use with a camera phone or something?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Its actually 6 monitors. (2x3). Right now I don't have any display groups. (Though I played around with a 3x1 on the bottom for awhile). Its gonna sound silly, but the primary reason is I currently have the top 3 monitors mounted upside down and for a 3x2 display group to work they have to be the same orientation, and i'm being lazy. Im sure at some point i'll feel the need to play starcraft 2 or something in insane resolution, but for now the primary application is wow, hehe. The monitor mounting didn't change from the previous setup pic I posted...

Though I've moved since then. I converted minidisplayport to dvi and hooked it into the dvi inputs of my monitors. the output from the 6 machines in the rack is still vga, and still connected, though I have no desire to use them. I think I will stick them in another room and configure them to run headless. Though maybe not. Honestly dunno what to do with 5 machines that have hardware a generation or two behind =p

Eyefinity is capable of doing portrait...theres videos of them playing dirt on 6x1 portriat 30 inchers.. which is really nice looking=p

I have no idea why the picture of the computer looks dusty. its not. lol.