Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 42

Default Cata - Throne of the Tides

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our new "Old Kingdom" and "Halls of Stone" all wrapped into one shit-fest of an instance!

Wiped a couple times on trash, particularly the guys that pull everyone in and immediately one-shot casters. Crowd Control was used at times, particularly big groups that had healers in them.

First boss: I kept all DPS and heals together, and positioned the tank so I could see them at all times. When the blue "thing" appeared, I just strafed out of it with everyone. The hardest part for me was controlling the adds. At times I couldnt gather them all up with the tank before they started killing my DPS. Eventually I was able to use a combination of Death Grip and Strangulate to get the casters to the tank (sorry all you non-DK tanks). Eventually I got him, but it was ugly. Many wipes.

Second boss: Easiest boss in the x-pac so far. Tank and Spank, move out of the void zone. Collect loot.

Third Boss: Wiped several times on this one as well. As with the first boss, I kept heals/DPS together so I could dodge the earth shatter AoE thing he did. At 50% he becomes the mind control creature. I did NOT use the kiting method, I simply let him mind control someone and burned that person down (he stops when they hit 50%). Throughout the 2nd phase he will cast these big AoE clouds. Get everyone out of those ASAP. Seems as though you cannot cast at all if you're in the cloud.

Final Boss: Ugh. The first 2 phases are a gauntlet. Phase 1 is fairly easy. Pull all mobs, burn them down. In phase 2 you get 3 Suppressors that spawn in addition to these bloodbeasts that will continually spawn. You need to DPS down the suppressors, keep the bloodbeasts away from the heals/DPS, and stay out of the black stuff. Its alot of moving, and quite frankly a pain in the ass. Phase 3 is simple once you can actually get the boss on target. You get a huge growth buff, but also a quickly stacking debuff, and the idea is to burn down the boss before the debuff kills you. This is teh best time for Heroism (Bloodlust for you Horde scum).

I will NOT be doing this place again until around 82.
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 12-17-2010 at 02:20 PM
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

I feel like crying allready at the sound of this place.

2 other important tips:

1 - Make sure you have the latest version of DBM, at least on your main toon. It tells you when you need to interrupt certain spells. Which leads right into my other tip ..................

2 - Make sure your spell interrupts (Counterspell, Windshear, Mind Freeze, etc) are hotkeyed and ready to go. You'll need them.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

Ok, did the zone again at 81. Not AS bad, but the last boss/gauntlet can still be a pain in the ass.

Are you in Cataclysm greens?
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Nah, all Lich King 251 and 264 gear

Cleared as well using Prot Pally, Resto Shaman, 3x Elemental Shaman. In a mix of 251/264 and some 232 gear on Shamans and mostly 264+ gear on Paladin. Didn't need CC at all, ran through the gauntlet, collected everything up and used Earthquake to smash it all.

I have a toggle key that swaps between single target DPS/tanking and AoE dps/tanking. I made use of this often. My 4x Orcs became 4x Goblins and my Belf Pally became a Tauren. Definitely this instance is harder than BRC by a decent margin but still quite easy once you get the mechanics down.

No dungeon quests to do though similar to Nexus in that you require to unlock them by doing the associated zone. If you want to jump to 45% of the level straight up go and do BRC and all its quests, remembering to open your quest log and hit the 'Complete Quest' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalros View Post
    2 other important tips:

1 - Make sure you have the latest version of DBM, at least on your main toon. It tells you when you need to interrupt certain spells. Which leads right into my other tip ..................

2 - Make sure your spell interrupts (Counterspell, Windshear, Mind Freeze, etc) are hotkeyed and ready to go. You'll need them.
    This is one thing I had forgotten to setup was my RR Windsheer. I am also using DXE instead of DBM and am just using the normal alerts the encounter gives me - also using TidyPlates Nameplates which show aggro and casting bars/spell icons easily enough and highlight when something can be interrupted.

Def. going to put RR Windsheer back on a good key.

Just done with my team of 82s. Group configuration were Prot Paladin, Destro Warlock, Arcane Mage, Disc Priest and Elemental Shaman. I used CCs mainly on packs of mobs which had 2 healers.

Using 251s mostly with bits and pieces of quest reward greens and blues. I had 1 wipe on 1st boss, 1 wipe on 3rd boss and 1 wipe on final boss. thankfully no deaths on trash but the twin colossus were just a pain in the @ss, the casters barely made it out alive.

First, third and final bosses require alot of moving, specially the final boss. had few deaths but managed to squeeze the dps to clear the instance. Of course I am 82 and fully finished Vash zone now, so can't say it could be usefull if you are level 80. Hp surely starts to feel more important to survive some encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalros View Post
    Its alot of moving, and quite frankly a pain in the ass.
    That's all y'all need to know.