Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 42

I did it. I can sleep well tonight. dk rets comes through again.
    SOI made a difference. but probably mainly sitll just positioning. Cant eat his frontal fire AOE.
    and Last boss is not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by howster View Post
    Sure... Phase one is ez mode.. just kill the spawns. Stay away when the big mob do he's "special attack thing" at around 25% hp.
    Phase two... I mainly focused to dps down the channelers.. I tried to kill one by one but that ended up in a wipefest. What i did was kiting those mobs that spawns to guard those channelers.. they dont run as quick as you so when your at a distance dps the channeler next to you. Then run away again when they get close.. Rince and repeat till you killed the channelers.

Phase three. The mobs you kited are still there, but now you get an awesome buff that made my dps do around 300k dps. aoe those adds down and start attacking the main boss. (He's the big octopus that sucks on the glasswall.. You dont take much damage in this phase so it should be an easy match with a few heals here and there.

This tact made me finally get the instance completed.
    Hope it helps.
    I don't quite know the phases, but which one is the ink phase? And what should I do in that one? I am running 1 Pally 4 Shamans, and can't stop at any time else I die. If its a simple case of constantly running away for four minutes, then I can do it.. but if I have to kill also I can't do it? I'm level 82 on all my guys also.

First off, i have the shammies follow my pal tank the entire way. I found this works well for me. I just move when there's ink to a safe spot. It's not the LK ink so there time to move. I use magma totems for P1.

I found a good thing to do is to save the fire elems when the 3 adds spawn in P2. i dont even bother moving my tank to the channelers, i just dps down the ones the elementals are not on, and then down them one by one. For the ink,

There will be one mob that is melee and I wait for that one to tank and take him down.

Once in P3 and you become buffed, I just pop all the CDs and dps, i think i had to chain heal once.

I cleared it while still at level 80 in roughly 264 avg gear. Let me know if that's worth a shot. Oh and I update the screenshots here: 5box.blog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyse View Post
    I don't quite know the phases, but which one is the ink phase? And what should I do in that one? I am running 1 Pally 4 Shamans, and can't stop at any time else I die. If its a simple case of constantly running away for four minutes, then I can do it.. but if I have to kill also I can't do it? I'm level 82 on all my guys also.
    Ink Phase is 2nd phase. my dps is shamans too. It takes some time to get the channelers down but it worked to the end for me.

Oh... once you get the buff. (When you get really big) just drop magma totems and those adds that spawn should die in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneye View Post
    First off, i have the shammies follow my pal tank the entire way. I found this works well for me. I just move when there's ink to a safe spot. It's not the LK ink so there time to move. I use magma totems for P1.

I found a good thing to do is to save the fire elems when the 3 adds spawn in P2. i dont even bother moving my tank to the channelers, i just dps down the ones the elementals are not on, and then down them one by one. For the ink,

There will be one mob that is melee and I wait for that one to tank and take him down.

Once in P3 and you become buffed, I just pop all the CDs and dps, i think i had to chain heal once.

I cleared it while still at level 80 in roughly 264 avg gear. Let me know if that's worth a shot. Oh and I update the screenshots here: 5box.blog.com
    You got the trinket too :P
    It will prolly never drop on my ret team.

Made it through today at lvl 82, tried last night a few times but was failing on the first boss and was tired so figured a fresh brain could only help.

I consider myself with much much to learn with regards to boxing so figured my trials might help those that are in a similar position (sucky but learning : ).

First boss, avoiding the spout of course is the biggest thing, The other thing I did , partly for practice but also seemed to make it easier was sheeping one of the magic user adds. just makes it easier on healing. I was having power issues my first time in on my priest.

When I made my primary emphasis to avoid spouts, dps second, fight got much easier, sometimes I get to focused on dpsing not on avoiding dmg. The sheeping also seemed to help, and was good practice as I have never CC'd before.

Second boss, easy so nothing to add here.

Third boss. I got this one on the second time, but struggled with it (lost a few). Things seemed pretty easy until the MC part. First time my healer got MC, and didnt' have any good healing set up on my shaman so things didn't go well. Second time through things went better but far from smooth. Main issue I had is my team getting kind of spread out, and sometimes it seemed I spent all my time running out of the gas clouds..

4th boss, Cleared on second try as well. I did what was outlined above on phase two, I would dps down till had to move for ink, then move to next. Also towards the end I had lots of adds, so had to run a bit to avoid them Was getting dicey in terms of losing someone but got third down just in time before I lost anyone.

had some questions though.

On the 3rd fight how does one stop the mind control from happening exactly? is it kiting away from the guy doing the MC so it breaks, and when it does he will run towards you and then try and MC again? I struggled with this one as at some times between the absorption shield and the gas I found I wasn't dpsing that much, I think my fight time was around 5 mins...

Hi all,

Went ahead and frapped today's run on the final boss. not a perfect run because I lost track of the giant octopus and debuffs stacked a bit high, by no means perfect but worth a share. Would love to hear more ideas to perfect the strat as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWPufw2ImBc

Congrats to the folks that are getting this instance down.

I am still stuck on the first boss, half due to my stupidity and the other half due to my lack of multiboxing "chops".

Still, I was getting hammered by the first boss in BRC and now I can down him easily, so I continue to plug away.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

Default Cata - Heroic Throne of Tides

The first boss is killing me, literally

I have a mixed team with all sorts of CC, and my DPS is not an issue (I am averaging ilvl 350 on my toons) it's all the movement in the watersprout phase

Anyone has any words of wisdom here ? It would be great

You absolutely have to dodge the water spouts.

Then during the transition you MUST CC the casters, or dps 1 and cc the other. While the tank holds threat on the kill caster + melee add.

I forget the exact name of the adds, but I made macros /target AddName /cast Hex on my shamans. I had 2 shamans more to the left during the transition so that they'd target the left, and the other 2 targeted the right.
    You could also use /targetenemy considering the casters generally spawn off to the sides.