Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 42

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    @#$y^(@u#$*y@*#$%ytq#$ygq@*#$y*qw#$y
    Last edited by Mooni : 12-07-2010 at 10:07 PM Reason: Edit: At least the trash gives some decent XP while you wipe over and over and over.

coooool...and thanks a lot for the tips...starting from scratch of coursee

Probably not worth my effort anymore as melee for this instance, it delays my leveling too much. I somehow manage to down the first boss. and wipe a ton on the easiest boss of all instances (the smash cast time is short, when you see him casting it will be too late for melee to run out, need to watch timers, took me 80g x 5 to know that). There came the 3rd boss, frikin bloody melee range AOE again. I wiped a couple more. Decided to call it.

I just don't see melees can do heroic when hitting 85 unless they nerf heroic and buff gear significantly.
    Last edited by remanz : 12-09-2010 at 04:03 PM

I can't do it at all. I'm not even going to bother returning here. The final boss is too hard.

Unless I misunderstand the tactics, I just can't DPS when the stage of the black inks starts. Am I suposed to DPS here or just run away from the black slude all the time, cause if I have to run away and DPS this is impossible

I did this instance yesterday with my team aswell.. The trash you were talking about that pulls the group and those goblin trash were annoying. The worst part in that instance was the last boss for me.. Not sure how many wipes i had there. But once your at phase 3 its just cake. Worst part was phase two.. so much aoe happening, but i found it "easiest" to mainly kite the mobs that spawn and take my time to dps down the channelers.
    Annoying instance to box at level 81 atleast.

howster: Can you please explain the stages? What am I suposed to do at the stage when there is black ink everwhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyse View Post
    I can't do it at all. I'm not even going to bother returning here. The final boss is too hard.

Unless I misunderstand the tactics, I just can't DPS when the stage of the black inks starts. Am I suposed to DPS here or just run away from the black slude all the time, cause if I have to run away and DPS this is impossible
    Run away from the black inks. they do eventually alot of aoe damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyse View Post
    howster: Can you please explain the stages? What am I suposed to do at the stage when there is black ink everwhere?
    Sure... Phase one is ez mode.. just kill the spawns. Stay away when the big mob do he's "special attack thing" at around 25% hp.
    Phase two... I mainly focused to dps down the channelers.. I tried to kill one by one but that ended up in a wipefest. What i did was kiting those mobs that spawns to guard those channelers.. they dont run as quick as you so when your at a distance dps the channeler next to you. Then run away again when they get close.. Rince and repeat till you killed the channelers.

Phase three. The mobs you kited are still there, but now you get an awesome buff that made my dps do around 300k dps. aoe those adds down and start attacking the main boss. (He's the big octopus that sucks on the glasswall.. You dont take much damage in this phase so it should be an easy match with a few heals here and there.

This tact made me finally get the instance completed.
    Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    Probably not worth my effort anymore as melee for this instance, it delays my leveling too much. I somehow manage to down the first boss. and wipe a ton on the easiest boss of all instances (the smash cast time is short, when you see him casting it will be too late for melee to run out, need to watch timers, took me 80g x 5 to know that). There came the 3rd boss, frikin bloody melee range AOE again. I wiped a couple more. Decided to call it.

I just don't see melees can do heroic when hitting 85 unless they nerf heroic and buff gear significantly.
    I couldn't get the third boss down due to not enough time to monkey with it, but my 2nd attempt I got him to 55%, so I'm sure it's possible as melee. The other 3 bosses are quite easy after you learn the fight for our makeup of DK/rets.

For first boss, DPS like normal (i was using seal of truth) and cleanse that crap she puts on you. It's more of a matter of moving out of the way of the blue water spout - when you get to the next phase, grip one of the casters, and strangulate the other, now kill them both while they are together and either round robin your arcane torrents or hammers. after you kill the melee, she'll go back to normal, dps again until the next transformation, pop wings and knock the crap out of the casters and then it's a simple tank and spank.

2nd boss is quite easy as well - pull him with D&D and face him opposite of your paladins and press IWT once - don't spam it, and they should stay behind him. When he casts his slam, walk your DK through him, then reposition him again to where you can dps him normally. He only slams a frontal cone, so as long as your paladins don't run wild and stay behind him, it's a quick tank and spank fight.

3rd boss - use seal of insight as the self heals make it a lot easier. dps a little and keep moving him every time he starts to cast that earth crap.

4th boss is actually the easiest one in here for our make up. You should have little to no issues getting to the last phase. Once you get to the last phase, pick one of the three casters and go to town. If you can get him to 66% or even 50%, you're good, then move on to the next making a circle around them. You can ignore the other adds entirely as they don't hit very hard and move very slow. I threw down and occasional D&D and BB to keep aggro on my tank. By the time you get back to the 1st one, all the dots on the ground should be gone, so it's simply just running a big circle between all 3. Then once you reach the final stage, you'll need to run directly to omhat (or whatever his name is) for some reason IWT wouldn't run to him. Wings or not, you'll have him dead before the dots do any real damage.

After this fight I finally hit 82 so I went back to my shammys and got them up to 81. Thinking more about this fight and other fights that'll probably be just as similiar, i'm thinking I'm going to bind an alternate IWT keybind so when I spam, my paladins will IWT and my tank will walk backwards. I think that should make a lot of these stupid movement fights a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post

3rd boss - use seal of insight as the self heals make it a lot easier. dps a little and keep moving him every time he starts to cast that earth crap.

4th boss is actually the easiest one in here for our make up. You should have little to no issues getting to the last phase. Once you get to the last phase, pick one of the three casters and go to town. If you can get him to 66% or even 50%, you're good, then move on to the next making a circle around them. You can ignore the other adds entirely as they don't hit very hard and move very slow. I threw down and occasional D&D and BB to keep aggro on my tank. By the time you get back to the 1st one, all the dots on the ground should be gone, so it's simply just running a big circle between all 3. Then once you reach the final stage, you'll need to run directly to omhat (or whatever his name is) for some reason IWT wouldn't run to him. Wings or not, you'll have him dead before the dots do any real damage.
    Zappy, I knew you were going to come up with something creative as always, lol. Good tip on SOI. I was gonna convert 1 to holy and give it a try. But I will try Seal of Insight first.