Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default TBC - Gruuls Lair

Hi,

has anyone succeeded with a 5 man team on burning down : High King Maulgar and Gruul the Dragonkiller
    I am interested in how.

cheers
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Have you tried searching here?

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    Have you tried searching here?
    Quick search didn't gave me anything usefull.

So: I'm asuming your tank is somewhat geared 30k hp atleast and you have a healer + 3 dps. or 4 shaman/druid w/e.

There is no reason to rush things with High King Maulgar(HKM). You want to ignore him first, let the tank charge in and grab aggro. Use defensive cooldowns as soon as you have them all on you. Let the DPS focus burst down the priest, interrupt heal if needed. Your Tank will be getting Deathcoils from the Warlock, So make sure he atleast 20y away from the rest of the team to avoid dmg from HKM's Whirlwind etc.. The warlock is kill target #2. Once those 2 are dead you should have no troubles anymore. Kill whatever you like. Purge/dispell the manashield off the mage before you kill him.

Gruul is nothing special either, you can spread your team. But it's definitely not neccesary. 3x Healing stream was enough to keep my 4 shaman + a 42k hp protadin up. Didn't cast a single heal during combat.

Hi,

indeed searching here didn't result in something useful.

Thanks Littleburst for the tips.

1st try (and wipe) I just tried to burn down HKM, almost succeeded, but
    a) something kind of feared (might have been Mighty Blow, or Intimidating Roar) then all went bad
    b) they where also in melee range of my casters team, so I got raped

I will try the tactics, 1: Priest, Shaman, Lock, Mage, HKM

ongoing ...

YAY, succeded,

tactics: 1: Priest, Shaman, Lock, Mage, HKM didn't work for me. I got chain feared somehow on my tank, did run out of healing range ...

tactics, burn down HKN worked on second try. Wipe afterwards, but gate was open. (took time to kill the 4 after res and it was easy. I wonder what bugger chain fears the tank. there is nothing on wowhead about fear, and it is not the HKN

Gruul was a joke. Well a bit of an adrenaline rush after my whole team flew all over the place but IWT + click to move solved that and i burned him down. (I love my priest with Prayer of Healing spam and lots of mana

Tactics needs to be refined before I start grinding him weekly for cash

Thanks again for the help
    Cheers, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcloud View Post
    YAY, succeded,

tactics: 1: Priest, Shaman, Lock, Mage, HKM didn't work for me. I got chain feared somehow on my tank, did run out of healing range ...

tactics, burn down HKN worked on second try. Wipe afterwards, but gate was open. (took time to kill the 4 after res and it was easy. I wonder what bugger chain fears the tank. there is nothing on wowhead about fear, and it is not the HKN

Gruul was a joke. Well a bit of an adrenaline rush after my whole team flew all over the place but IWT + click to move solved that and i burned him down. (I love my priest with Prayer of Healing spam and lots of mana

Tactics needs to be refined before I start grinding him weekly for cash

Thanks again for the help
    Cheers, BC
    The warlock Deathcoils the tank. That why he used to have 2 tanks on him. With 1 you just get chain coiled. Just keep the team within range with IWT on any hostile target and break it with a movement key when they're close enough.

You should be able to drop the priest in a matter of seconds, Warlock is second. If you don't have to heal to much, then you won't have to worry to much about aggro. So the chain Deathcoils should be easier manageble. Just burn those 2 down asap. Shaman poses no threat imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleburst View Post
    The warlock Deathcoils the tank. That why he used to have 2 tanks on him. With 1 you just get chain coiled. Just keep the team within range with IWT on any hostile target and break it with a movement key when they're close enough.

You should be able to drop the priest in a matter of seconds, Warlock is second. If you don't have to heal to much, then you won't have to worry to much about aggro. So the chain Deathcoils should be easier manageble. Just burn those 2 down asap. Shaman poses no threat imo.
    - Ah so it is the Deathcoil of the Lock. Nasty bugger.
    - IWT set up in the standard way, key-down, IWT, key-up, step back.

thanks for the info. will try next week again. hopefully then without wipe.

(pic of Gruul Achivement under my profile)

Ok this boss is insanely hard for me. I have an offtank but still get owned by the sheeping/deathcoiling. For some reason my tank takes a crapton of damage. Can someone watch this vid and see if I'm doing anything glaringly wrong?

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

2 Problems... you are using melee and your kill order is kind of bad. Get the lock down to stop the fears and the pet. Your OMG boom dmg is coming from the mage nuking your tank. Use fire resist aura.