Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default everyAir (any PC/Mac control from iPad)

I just read this and thought it might be nice. Not sure how it would help, but still.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/15...w-to-the-ipad/

http://www.everyair.net/

I'm going to give it a try for when I'm too lazy to log on at the PC, but have had limited success with VNC in the past, so a tailor made app could work.
    Not well, but should be able to perform basic tasks.

EDIT: I'm trying it at work (no WoW) and it crashes when i zoom out to 1920x1200, but video kind of works, it's not nice, but could work.

Will know more when I duck home to try a session of WoW.

Once cool feature is the window snap, where it's view locks down to the currently active window, ignoring everything else on the machine, could save bandwidth and make things a bit better.
    Last edited by Hivetyrant : 11-25-2010 at 07:59 PM

Default everyAir devs here!

Hey guys,

Thanks for your interest in our app.

Hopefully without sounding like we're just trying to sell here, our app has a substantially higher framerate and lower latency than VNC. 30+FPS is completely achievable. That's not to say VNC isn't a great piece of software, it is. However, VNC was designed with different purposes in mind: email, browsing, sys admin tasks, etc.

With VNC, the screen refreshes less often, which has its advantages because it consumes less bandwidth. It also makes panning around your desktop feel really smooth (kind of like Google Maps). The result is that if you want to Outlook or remotely administer a server, you're going to be just fine using VNC.

But playing games or watching movies is impossible. We think that people are interested in playing both games and movies (like we were), so that's the empty slot we decided to fill and we designed an app from the ground up to fit that goal.

Furthermore, no other remote desktop app (VNC or otherwise) has the right controls to play games either: dPad and thumbstick. Summoning a keyboard and using WASD to move around is clearly not a good solution for a game, though again, it is perfect for sys admin or email.

We hope you give us a shot, and we'd love to hear your feedback on how to improve.

We're fully committed to making this the best gaming experience possible. We take customer feedback very seriously; gamers are the most demanding audience, and we want to work towards software that makes playing complex games on touch devices a reality.

Cheers,
    everyAir devs

Wow, nice to have this kind of response, I was going to provide some feedback through the website, but will give it a proper test before I do, so stay tuned to this thread

This is a great program. Works perfectly and I was able to set it up in seconds.

Not something I'd use for boxing, but it I'd amazing for the auction house and other little in game chores.

Worth every penny!
    Warfather + Scrub + Fumble + Bumble + Botch
    Ravenholdt - US

Does it have to be used with a touchpad, or can I use it strictly as a remote desktop that's gaming capable? Can I use a mouse as an input device? I looked on the site, and it seems to only give information about using the software with a touchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by naPS View Post
    Does it have to be used with a touchpad, or can I use it strictly as a remote desktop that's gaming capable? Can I use a mouse as an input device? I looked on the site, and it seems to only give information about using the software with a touchpad.
    It's an iPad app, can only be used on an iPad, so no mouse

Apple Product
    Worth every penny
    Am I the only one seeing this?
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Am I the only one seeing this?
    heheh, I noticed that too

They're almost right though, I'm about to upload a video, for some tasks it works quite nicely.

The iPad sure as hell ain't cheap, but a $5 app isn't much

iPad = eh. Mine was a gift and I love it. Would I have bought it, HELL NO.

Everyair = worth every penny.
    Warfather + Scrub + Fumble + Bumble + Botch
    Ravenholdt - US