Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Matched sides in WG and Tol'B

I am giong to hate matched sides in WG and Tol'B. I can't get in, let alone all my team in. 5 people capping a workshop helps, but getting 4 other random players to not HK and actually go get a workshop doesn't work. They just took away getting weekly quests and having fun winning (I lose 80% of BGs). /cry

Its good to be alliance

Blog Entries

Whichever faction has the fewer people who pvp, has the advantage.
    Usually they'd be able to get everyone who wants to play, in to play.

The side with more toons wanting to pvp, will have some who have to sit out.
    Kind of sucks, but tenacity is stupid too.
    Not sure which is worse/better.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Yeah bad for my teams. We are on a 3-4:1 server which has perennially owned WG on our server despite all balance changes. With the new changes I see this going back to old style AV on our server. We used to have a 40min wait for games only to be confronted by a fully co-ordinated horde team who would beat us in <10 mins. I am not seeing this solution work unless they convert it to some sort of battlegroup wide situation to balance populations...

The idea is that over time, when people WANT to own Tol Barad, sides will balance themselves out. IF I'm on a realm that half, or all, of my team cant get in most fights, ill move to a more balanced server, and so will anyone else who gets sick of waiting in quest,or not getting in at all. Before the one to one que system, the problem of one side dominating just got worse in time due to people transferring to the dominating side/realm. This new system should fix that. It wont fix anything now though, a lot of people could care less about WG atm, but TB will get them excited again I'm sure
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

Tol Barad, granting PvE daily quests... plus the equivalent of VoA... to the winning side.
    That should motivate the PvE players, on both factions.

Depends on the realm I suppose.
    I doubt I'd transfer factions or servers, now that I'm established.
    But if I were picking a new server, I'd want to be on the side with 40-45% of the total population... close to 50%, so we're not automatically overrun in world stuff, but the lower population side for faster queues and greater chance of all toons getting into TB etc.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

It might as well just be a BG in my eyes not really world pvp.

well you can do quest with or without just more more with it.

Not as much fun to not do vehicle quest (takes being in battle), Not as much fun doing tower quest (can't kill tower outside of battle). Not as much fun not getting a win (have to be in battle). I don't care as much if people get VOA or BH (Tol'B version of VOA). I don't care if everyone can get in them no matter if you play WG or Tol'B or not. I just want to do quests (let everyone in that hasn't done quests mabye) and every once in a while, have fun actually doing objectives. Maybe a debuff system, that if you aren't near a workshop, you get a timer that counts down from 60. You get 60 secs to get to a workshop that isn't the fortress. So people actually have to go fight at workshops, not just HK. If the timer reaches 0, you get ported out and another person can come in.

My mains want VOA and BH drops, but they aren't hard to get in, since they are single. My boxers want to just play WG and Tol'B and don't want to go in VOA and BH. Let people in if they haven't done the quests is one way to fix it for me. Maybe give lower number sides mirror images (like mages) so there would be more even sides. But 20 on 20 or even up to 32 on 32 (fights on my realm) are just crappy in an open PVP zone. We used to get 2.5 raids on Tues/Wed. Then 1.5-2.0 raids on Thur-Sun. Then pretty much 1.1 raids on Mon. Now the most I have seen in like 25 games is 32. That is just sad.

Does that mean that one faction should only get to go to as many raids as the other faction goes to? Since you don't want one side getting more gear faster? Same with arena? If only a few arena teams from one faction goes, then the other faction shouldn't be able to play, since they will get practice, gear and points faster than the other faction. Hell, if one faction levels slower, both factions should be held to the same level, so one can't get to 85 faster. /StupidBlizzard Make people want to play, not force others to not be able to.