Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default ISBoxer Caster "Face Target" Macro

Evolutionary rather than revolutionary, and probably not new to most older ISB users.

The recent addition of an occasional melee to my team saw me start using IWT. It occured to me that it could also be used, with a little modification to get the casters to turn towards thier target more or less instantly.

Initially, I changed my toon swap hotbuttons to include the inbuilt "Click to move" keymaps so the slaves always have click to move on and the leader always off.

I then created this hotbutton.

Code:
    Caster Face IWT
    Step 1
           Action CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-ENTER -> All other
    Step 2
           Action Down -> All other        (I'm sending down arrow, use any movement key)
    Bind it to a keystroke and either set it to fire on "press & release" or double tap to use it.

Basically, it sets the casters running towards their current target, whatever that may be, but immediately take a step back to terminate the auto run. In practice they just snap to face their target ready to cast the next spell.

It obviously breaks any spell cast in progress, but they are probably facing the wrong way or I'd not use it. You can always add an assist to the first step but I prefer my targetting "sticky".

Hope someone finds this of use.

Blog Entries

Just to be clear, the Ctrl Shift Alt Enter has to be your keybind for Interact With Target.

And you could do this as either a double tap mapped key.
    Or set it to execute on press or release, and then hold it until your toons are in the desired position at which point you release the key, which sends down arrow and ends the movement.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

This is pretty common ground if you use isboxer and arena

Way I did it was CTRL + T is my keybind for interact with target. I made F5 my button to push to get the shamans to IWT. I have it setup so press and hold = run at the target on release = keypress back. Works like a charm everytime.