Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Wotlk - ICC - Lord Marrowgar

Greetings,

I tried 6 boxing this boss, but can't seem to dismantle his bone. I managed to bring him down to 10%-20% hp on few occasions, but never down him. Sigh.... . The part that frustrate me was the 'over-aggro' by my range dps, even though the addon Omen indicated otherwise. I have captured a video, with the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNP6TMh7i0

The mage 'aggroed' the boss at 2:49, and I believe the bone storm was not completed yet. Advise from anyone on how to overcome this?

BTW, this 6 boxing was done on a 1.6GHz notebook, so I have to capture a smaller video screen to free up as much cpu resources as possible.

And yes, the dps was low (macro issue) as I dont raid. I normally run 5 men heroic with a healer friend, and the simple setup is more than sufficient. But I am more than willing to learn from you.

Thanks!

I think just before bonestorm is finished, ease off on the DPS until the tank can re-acquire aggro. I think you were running fine until then. I think the aggro table is wiped after every bonestorm.

As for DPS, you were running strong in the beginning, then they seemed to taper off, maybe that was heroism/bloodlust at the start? Check out the macro section, the shaman macro is a near perfect rotation, if not perfect, and the mage and lock are pretty good too.

Thanks, Daviddoran.

We went in again with improved macro and broadcasting scripts, or rather a simplified scripts so that the toon is more responsive and we killed the boss during 2nd attempt. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DvwnLfQxD8

I would say we are a bit lucky as the dps and healers need no movement throughout the fight. I did slow down the dps during bonestorm.

There were no heroism at initial fight in previous video. My lock cast sequence is a bit different from you guys. I added a few soulfire in the sequence, so that if I crit more, I can hit harder. It also allows full mana without life tap, which I think is good for long fight. However, the dps suffers whenever I need to switch target during battle. How high is your dps for this fight? BTW I have a latency of 300-600ms. Bad huh...

Now, I need to work on 2nd boss. And maybe OS 3D, when we have total 7 toons. Theoretically it's possible...

** Edited the video to remove background noise and added thanks to Daviddoran
    Last edited by Cptan : 11-09-2010 at 06:14 AM Reason: Video replaced

For boss 2, just make sure you down those caster guys first. Easy after that.
    Take your time and it's quite possible.

For Lord Marrowgar
    During BS move your tank away from the team. so you're not stacking. I find he BS from tank to group if I move him away. I think BS is programmed that it will always pick from his current location when someone is far away from it. So essential you could tether him that way. It's works for me

Another thing, you can park your guys on the pathway(on the edge of it) heading up to the second boss. It's near the iceblock wall. Then tank the boss in the middle of the room. This prevents the coldflame from hitting your casters. Coldflame I'm guessing is casted on the ground, and doesnt adjust for a elevated ground. I never liked the stand in hitbox strat as sometimes it can clip a caster for me lol.

Also, BS was nerfed, so you could just spam group heals through it.
    Last edited by Sbrowne55 : 11-09-2010 at 09:46 PM
    Vek'linash - Alliance
    Morra -5 man PVE <League of Crafters>
    Prank - Rogue - Solo Toon
    PVP Druid Team - Boxone, Boxtwo, Boxthree, Boxfour, Boxfive. 2 Resto, 3 Feral

you can park your guys on the pathway(on the edge of it) heading up to the second boss
    Great idea. Will try it next time.

For boss 2, just make sure you down those caster guys first
    Noted.

Thanks!

Well done.

What is your setup ?

- are you using two healers ?
    - one priest for PoH Spam, and another for mouse-over healing ?

Do you think it is doable with only 5 toons ? DK(tank), Arcane-mage, Destro-lock, Elem-Shammy, Disc-priest ?
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Yes it can be 5 manned. May want to swap your Ele Shaman to Resto and go with 2 healers depending on gear (the enrage timer is not an issue)

What is your setup ?
    I am using AHK as my broadcasting software, with DBM, OMEN and recount addons. Grid was disabled since Blizzard's version is good enough for me. I have my own mouse broadcasting scripts over the unit frame.

The team consists of
    1 tank - DK
    2 healers - Holly Pally and Priest
    3 dps - Lock, Mage and ele Shaman

- are you using two healers ?
    - one priest for PoH Spam, and another for mouse-over healing ?
    Yes, I am using 2 healers - a holy priest for aoe heal and a holy pally for tank healing. Both used the healing over unit frame method. I am very careful over mana usage efficiency. POH spamming may result in mana issue. I may be wrong tho, lol

I prefer cast sequence of COH, holy nova, flash heal/binding heal x 2, then poh., but it's all situational. In the video, Medicci is doing the healing, and her has different healing way.

Do you think it is doable with only 5 toons ? DK(tank), Arcane-mage, Destro-lock, Elem-Shammy, Disc-priest ?
    I think 5 toons vs Marrowgar is possible, but single healer setup is very very very dependent on your luck. If you healer get spiked, and few big hits land on tank, then it's game over. Also, I am not sure whether disc priest can fill the role of tank/aoe healing or not for this boss, and over a period of 3-5 minutes? Dun think the ele shaman can heal your tank and spiked toon. Switch to resto is a safer method.

Anyhow, good luck! Let us know the outcome. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cptan View Post
    I am using AHK as my broadcasting software, with DBM, OMEN and recount addons. Grid was disabled since Blizzard's version is good enough for me. I have my own mouse broadcasting scripts over the unit frame.
    The team consists of
    1 tank - DK
    2 healers - Holly Pally and Priest
    3 dps - Lock, Mage and ele Shaman
    Yes, I am using 2 healers - a holy priest for aoe heal and a holy pally for tank healing. Both used the healing over unit frame method. I am very careful over mana usage efficiency. POH spamming may result in mana issue. I may be wrong tho, lol
    I prefer cast sequence of COH, holy nova, flash heal/binding heal x 2, then poh., but it's all situational. In the video, Medicci is doing the healing, and her has different healing way.
    I think 5 toons vs Marrowgar is possible, but single healer setup is very very very dependent on your luck. If you healer get spiked, and few big hits land on tank, then it's game over. Also, I am not sure whether disc priest can fill the role of tank/aoe healing or not for this boss, and over a period of 3-5 minutes? Dun think the ele shaman can heal your tank and spiked toon. Switch to resto is a safer method.
    Anyhow, good luck! Let us know the outcome. :-)
    TY for the info. I will.

My priest is dual spec holy/disc, so thats no prob. (healing rotation I need to figurre our for Holy, since I use the smite*5, arcangel, pennance(tank) currently. Shammy is Elementa/Resto only 2*T10 DPS gear though. Will see how that works out.
    Gearwhise I am pretty well geared I think, with what you can buy with Justice points. Lots of iLvL 251 already.
    HIT is a def a problem, since I haven't specced my dps >6-8%. (same for EXP on my DK)

Haven't been in ICC with this team, so I need to start on the trash first
    With Priest (main raiding char) I was in ICC already.

Normally Disc Priest is good for tank healing. Lets see how well my shammy performs as Healer.

PoH Spam is what I currently use with the Elemental bosses, and Shadowfiend is your friend as well

Cheers, BC
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !