Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Post HOW TO: Earthquake

I thought i'd write a 12 STEP Guide to Earthquake. I tried and failed to find a decent one and thus compended my own.

I'm not sure if everyone uses this spell as boxers but since learning how to do this simultaneously I can't reccomend it enough. I thought I'd put this somewhere where more people can find it incase you were like me, absolutely clueless as to where to begin to use earthquake for your shaman of doom team

Earthquake Guide.

Step 1: Open up a word processing app like Notepad.
    Step 2: Copy and paste the text below and save the file as "hotkeynet earthquake". Feel free to replace f5 as the modifier, this is the key you'll press to send the earthquake to the other clients screens so don't make it too complicated :P

<UseKeyAsModifier f5>

<Hotkey f5 LButton>
    <SendWinM w1>
    <ClickMouse LButton>
    <SendWinM w2>
    <ClickMouse LButton>
    <SendWinM w3>
    <ClickMouse LButton>
    <SendWinM w4>
    <ClickMouse LButton>
    <RestoreMousePos>
    <Clickmouse %TriggerMainKey%>
    <hotkey ctrl R>
    <sendpc local>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" w1>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" w2>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" w3>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" w4>
    <hotkey shift R>
    <sendpc local>
    <RenameWin w1 "World of Warcraft">
    <RenameWin w2 "World of Warcraft">
    <RenameWin w3 "World of Warcraft">
    <RenameWin w4 "World of Warcraft">

*Thanks to Khatovar for his input*
    **As a sidenote, the text here is for four copies of WoW being run, if you run 5 or more clients just copy and paste an extra line and replace to X number**

Step 3: Once saved Download Hotkeynet software
    Step 4: Load Hotkeynet
    Step 5: Click File, Load script.
    Step 6: Now find your saved word file with the text you just saved and load it up.
    Step 7: Proceed to load WoW clients with software of choice keyclone etc and log in.
    Step 8: You must if you haven't already run WoW in Windowed mode, rather than fullscreen windowed, this helps when renaming the windows themselves.
    Step 9: Now we must rename the windows so hotkeynet can send the earthquakes at the same time. Simples, as we already have the command to do this loaded, the default I've included in the script is "Ctrl R" again, change this if it conflicts with your own macros or keybinds or it won't work. It may take one or two presses of the same key to change all the windows, now all the windows should be renames individually as "w1,w2,w3,w4" etc.

Step10: Make a macro with this for your shamans so they all have the same camera view/distance

#showtooltip
    /script SetView(5);SetView(5)
    /script CameraZoomOut(20)
    /cast earthquake

Keybind all your shamans earthquakes to the same hotkey ingame (mine's 5 if you're wondering)

Step 11: Have a key (closer the better to your earthquake key) you'll PRESS and HOLD DOWN as you left click (mine's F5) to cast the multiple earthquakes Remember that the key has to be one at the top line of the word document "<UseKeyAsModifier f5> f5 being the default i've given".

Step 12: Press step 10's key then HOLD step 11's key down, leftclick the mouse selecting an area nearby to earthquake

Final Step: All shamans should earthquake, proceed to laugh as melee Fall On Floor.

**To change the names of the windows back just press "Shift-R". **

I Hope I've given people a good insight into what some regard as either an inaccessable or useless talent. Seeing as the software is free to get there's no reason why you can't do the same.
    I'd love to hear if this guide's helped you. Or if you feel anything could be added to it.

You don't need individual lines for sending the modifier.

<UseKeyAsModifier F12>
    <Hotkey F12 LButton>
    <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
    <Clickmouse %TriggerMainKey%>
    <RestoreMousePos>

As far as running this with other programs, it's kind of redundant. Keyclone and ISBoxer both have their own ways to pass mouse for ground-targeted AOE, which only requires setting a hotkey.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

Well, if the mouse broadcasting for HKN is similar to IS:Boxer, then it is far superior to that of KC.
    Having a simple HKN script to do the mouse stuff, is a huge (and free) boost to KC users.

Is the scripting for Repeater Regions (an area where mouse broadcasting enables, without any keyboard input, while the mouse is within the area) as easy?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thx alot this wil help me alot, I am also looking forword to use this on my druids.

It can be hard to press the keys right, and sometimes it gets bugged. but it also work to spam the 2 buttons (I have F4 and F5) and spam leftclick, then it work instant

You're welcome, my aim as i said was to make a guide for those that didn't know the ins and outs, i use keyclone too but i never really got the jist of it, i'm glad you found it useful RestrainT.

What is the software? Why can't we use ISBoxer?

I haven't set up Earthquake at all cause I don't know what I am doing.

Ifyou could explain the software more I'd find it easier to understand.

Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

See step 3, it's hotkeynet software. I don't use Isboxer for the sole reason of it costing to use.
    as for explaining the software there's not much to discuss, it simply enables the user to use the aoe like Isboxer, only cheaper haha.

Blog Entries

Is there an option for Repeater Regions with HKN?

An area of the screen, where broadcasting is enabled (no hotkey pressed) merely by moving the mouse into the area. And where the mouse broadcasting is disabled (again, no hotkey) by moving the mouse out of the area?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

TLDR:
    ISBOXER Setup Would be like this:
    Make an action target group Shamans or AoErs if you have more channeled aoers in your group.
    Make a keymap to press your button and toggle mouse repeater. (In your macro have your /script SetView(4); /script SetView(4); and then /cast !SpellName.