Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default What' the best way to setup for the patch using Isboxer

Ok everything I have setup is pretty much worthless now. I would like some advice on what is the best way to start fresh with the new patch. Most of the addons I use are updated using curse. I need to get in and delete the old addons I have not used forever. Since all my macros are worthless would it make more sense to delete in game macros and just use Isboxer macros? Or should I delete my macros and make new in game macros? I have 20 characters across 2 servers. Thanks!
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I run a mixed team of 80's.. Blood DK tank, Warlock and Resto Druid. I found it was easier and more effective now using ISBoxer to set-up the keys to send different presses to the team individually using steps. The problem is there is now very little of standard rotations left, therefore it is largely priorities.

In game I can't get a good Rune Strike macro to work effectively, however using ISBoxer I am able to click the Rune Strike key every second click of 1 button. Similiarly for Heart Strike and Death Strike it will basically fire which one is available (priority on Heart Strike) rather than using an in-game macro which hangs up the castsequence if awaiting runes.

Blog Entries

If I were to do my set up again, I'd go with more Keymaps which only load for specific teams.
    My current setup is functional and does what I want it to.
    But it is not neat.

You can have a set of mapped keys, specific to a team.
    And those load only for that team.

If you had twenty keys which were frequently used for boxing.
    And twelve of them were essentially the same across all teams.
    But eight of them varied greatly, such as Round-Robin for one team, Send Next Click for another, etc.
    The Keymap route would be a bit neater, than sixty odd mapped keys which are named: 4(Druid Team), 4(Shaman Team), 4(Warlock Team), etc.

I personally have a single warcraft install, so addons only need to be updated in one place.
    On patch day, I run a solo toon, for the patching.

I rely on the virtual configuration files, rather then multiple installs.

The majority of my macros are made in game.
    With IS Boxer sending key combinations to the game.
    I do have a few IS Boxer macros, although most of those could be removed now, as the Quick Wizard will now create mapped keys for many of the custom stuff I've done.

IS Boxer macros or game macros are equally good, in what they do.
    The IS Boxer ones can be longer, the same as many addons allow for longer then 255 characters.
    A game macro, is available on the toon, even if you solo run the toon without launching through IS Boxer.
    So in-game or made with IS Boxer, is a personal preference for macros.

With IS Boxer, I can create mapped key, which while spamming nothing but "1" will occasionally send something other then "1" to the game.
    Druids can, via toggles, sometimes press "2" instead of "1", for Eclipse management.
    Or I can have a round-robin effect, with only one of my toons receiving a keystroke (in sequential order) when I press a given hotkey.
    It wouldn't make a difference really, if the macro is in warcraft or IS Boxer for this.

Starting fresh has its allure.
    You get to organize everything nicely.
    And can remove redundant keys etc.
    Or if you have found a better way to do something, you can build your hotkey using the best method.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa