Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default castsequence simulation

I am currently trying to simulate castsequence using the steps in isboxer.

But i miss some kind of options, to time the presses correctly.

Currently, there is an option not to proceed to the next keystroke for n seconds (it would just wait for n seconds to continue to the next step). That wont really help in my proposal, i would need an option like

"Dont trigger this step again and proceed to the next before n seconds have passed"

This would allow the same as like a typical castsequence, it would press a special key again only after n seconds had passed.

On the other hand i just could add 5 key presses in one step and only skip to the next if a cooldown action is needed. But this would need to put the cooldown abilities at the end of the steps.
    Last edited by wonz : 09-05-2010 at 03:23 AM

What you are trying to do is very possible. I dont do mine this way though because I tend to have higher latency and sometimes the game isn't quite ready for me to be able to send the key and it 'misses' my lava burst etc even with generous values. Because of the /click fallthrough behaviour this would catch issues like this and cast it next anyway.

I might look into this further now though if the reports that click is screwed is true.

Just make an empty Step and set the do not advance time? You can also use Do Mapped Key Action to link multiple sequences.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say you're not sure how to do with ISBoxer
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say you're not sure how to do with ISBoxer
    Well, first of all, sorry for my english. Second, i want to do the following

I press button 2, this should trigger the following
    Step 1
    - Press Alt+Shift+1, dont press this one again for 15 seconds
    Step 2
    - Press Alt+Shift+2, dont press this one again for 8 seconds
    Step 3
    - Press Alt+Shift+3, dont press this one for 3 Seconds
    Step 4
    - Press Alt+Shift+4, dont press this one for 4 seconds
    Step 5
    - Press Alt+Shift+5, press this all over the other keys wont get pressed

You consider it doing that way:

Create a new Mapped Key named 15SecondsStyleKey1 for Step 1 having two steps
    Step 1
    - Press Alt+Shift+1
    Step 2
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 15 seconds

Step 1 in my '2'-key would just call the mapped key
    Step 1
    - Press Mapped Key for 15secondsStyleKey1
    Step 2
    Step 3

This should work, yes.

Still i would like to suggest to add an option named "Skip this step if not at least 15 seconds have passed after last invocation". Possibly that would make setups more easy, and would save one single mapped key.

Just thought that every kind of cooldown-style should just be spammed always, and that just only spells like dots without cooldowns should be timed that way. A mix out of timed key presses, and those who can be pressed on every key press.
    This would prevent you from getting into lag issues, as like you press key 2 even if a spell is being casted currently, and isboxer would not be able to check if that was done.

As like:

Key '2'
    Step 1
    Press Mapped Key 15SecondsStyleKey1
    Press Mapped Key 8SecondsStyleKey2
    Press Alt+Shift 3
    Press Alt+Shift 4
    Press Alt+Shift 5

Cooldown spells as like Mindblast, Hand of Gul'dan would just be put onto the keys 3,4 and 5, and dots would be put onto 1 and 2, as like SW: P or Devouring Plage.

To prevent "pressing while casting" just use macros to the timed keys and add /stopcasting. The last would always win.

The Mapped keys should be different. As like:

15SecondsStyleKey1:
    Step 1
    - Press Alt+Shift+1 (triggers a macro, doing: /stopcasting, /cast Devouring Plague)
    Step 2
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 15 seconds

8SecondsStyleKey2:
    Step 1
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 2 seconds
    Step 2
    - Press Alt+Shift+2 (triggers a macro, doing /stopcasting, /cast SW: P, just an example)
    Step 3
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 6 seconds

.. because if Key2 would not have a pause at the start, it would get lost in the gcd of key 1.

A Mapped Key Step action should be bound to another key as well to reset the timers. That would solve the reset=target issue, by just pressing the key if you would like to start the sequence over.

Edit: Just tested such kind of setup with a low level priest/pala team. Works, as far as i can say, even if sometimes casts get broken due to /stopcasting, but this is a dps loss which cant be removed i would guess, if the timed spells should be casted in time.
    Edit2: Found out that the global cooldown seems to be the big enemy of that solution. If the gcd, which cant be predicted at all, should still run if one of the dots should be refreshed, it just would be skipped. No solution yet for that.
    Last edited by wonz : 09-05-2010 at 02:36 PM

Found a way to ensure a spell is being casted:

I just have to use another macro the for timed keypresses:

15SecondsStyleKey1:
    Step 1
    - Press Alt+Shift+1 (triggers a macro, doing: /castsequence reset=4 Devouring Plague,nop)
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 4 seconds (this ensures, the button is clicked, and the reset timeout will be surly cached within the next lock)
    Step 2
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 24 seconds

The other one:

8SecondsStyleKey2:
    Step 1
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 2 seconds
    Step 2
    - Press Alt+Shift+2 (triggers a macro, doing /castsequence reset=4 SW: P, nop)
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 4 seconds
    Step 3
    - Empty
    --- Check "Do not advance to the next step for at least 6 seconds

This solves the GCD-Problem.

Any comments?

Edit: It's better to remove the /stopcasting - command and just to make the window in which the castsequence command should be executed slightly bigger, as big as the longest cast should take plus lag. I took 4 seconds, and it doesnt cut any started casts off any more, justs queues the dot cast to the next step. See changes in the above steps.
    Last edited by wonz : 09-06-2010 at 02:00 PM

I initally did it with empty commands like you did but I abonded that for some reason.

I just put in 1.7 delay to account for the gcd of 1.5 (I have very good ping) and cast mostly instant spells anyways.

If I have a spell that has a cast time like Chain Heal I just put it in each command, it will go off sometimes then.

Do not advance for 1.7 Mages cast living bomb, Shaman Chain Heal
    Do not advance for 1.7 Mages cast living bomb, Shaman Chain Heal
    Do not advance for 1.7 Mages cast Arcane Explosion, Shaman Chain Heal
    Do not advance for 1.7 Mages cast Arcane Explosion, Shaman Chain Heal

From the above I will probably get off 2 Chain Heals in 5.1 seconds, not maximly optimal but close enough to not waste mana on a perfectly optimal solution. And its simpler to code as as the Shaman Chain Heal macro is the same each time.

Then I just spam a single key (well there is a LOT more to the key maps due to the large number of classes I play). Well my DK just does chains of ice and death grip (and anti magic zone just a few spells) so maybe if you want to min/max a DK's dps you would use the empty commands as you are doing. You could probably set it up as a 1.7 seriers though. Just add your ping to 1.5. but you don't actally have to do that as the server will cach your commands but I like a bit of leway so your client screen isnt advanced of what the server is doing.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 09-06-2010 at 04:04 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

This thread is EXACTLY why I love this community!! A potential issue is identified and even before we get hit by it people are figuring out what to do about it. You guys are awesome.

Toonarmy
    i7-920 / 12GB/ 280m / 1920x1200 / 80 gig X25-M / 5 boxing; works just fine

I think adding any kind of delays in 3rd party software is going to get you a ban? or am I not understanding this right? You can make your G15 keyboard do this type of thing, but that WILL get you banned.

I think with the commas, and a person having to push a button for each comma to advance the macro, is the only reason we got away with it. But the reason they broke the commas being able to pause was just that, they do not want macros having anyway to "delay/pause" What you are doing is not just "steps" where each time you push a key it advances, your telling it to wait x seconds before it can be pushed again! Thats real close to automation isn't it?

I'm just working it all out. I do want MBs to start getting banned for things like this.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Using software to perform a functionality that Blizzard may be purposefully removing from the game sounds like a bad idea. It is still a very interesting concept, however.

My 2 cents.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I think adding any kind of delays in 3rd party software is going to get you a ban? or am I not understanding this right? You can make your G15 keyboard do this type of thing, but that WILL get you banned.

I think with the commas, and a person having to push a button for each comma to advance the macro, is the only reason we got away with it. But the reason they broke the commas being able to pause was just that, they do not want macros having anyway to "delay/pause" What you are doing is not just "steps" where each time you push a key it advances, your telling it to wait x seconds before it can be pushed again! Thats real close to automation isn't it?

I'm just working it all out. I do want MBs to start getting banned for things like this.
    In his method you would still be doing the same. Each "step" is a button push. Its just using timers in place of commas for dropping the extra key presses.

I do agree with Carbs though. If Blizzard is removing the functionality of /castsequence then they are probably not wanting us doing the same thing with a different commandset outside of the game.