Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Minecraft?

http://www.minecraft.net/

It is awesome... haha =)

I have even done some art in it:

I also have a multiplayer server up and running.

that looks like the largest time sink i have ever seen. i am deathly afraid of it now.

That game is pretty freakin cool man. I love building stuff and that seems like it'll be ideal to play. Even if the graphics and top notch. Brings me back to the 8-bit days of old Build your own Mario world

I was correct. No less than 7 hours of my time today, GONE.

do not install this game.

.....unless of course you love building, digging, fighting, crafting, smelting, day and night, making glass castles.. or breathing....

then replace your wow subscriptions with

Oh no!

Not more people getting addicted to it. It's dangerous i tell ya!

So far i have still enough strenght in me to not try the game.

Consider me a victim or casualty of war. Done got my own copy of the game. My nephew will enjoy it too once he get's his own little computer to play it on. If you ever enjoyed playing with LEGOS, this might be right up your alley.

Hah! I've been playing Minecraft for about 3 weeks. I was resisting posting about it lol. I can't wait for the server issues to be worked out so we can do multiplayer with monsters/damage and stuff.

I think minecraft is cool now, but when I think of how much can be added to it I really get excited. I want the worlds to spawn with villages, castles of evil kings, and things like that. I would love to stumble across a giant castle, and have to build a giant siege tower or something next to it to defeat it. I want more things to craft (read: MUCH MORE)

The possibilities are endless! I want something more then just a sandbox though. I want a reason to build a giant castle, I want a reason to explore the far reaches of the landscape. I also want a skin that looks something like an orc shaman haha. (right now I'm sporting Master Chief)

EDIT: It's also a game you might be able to get your woman to play with you too. I know when the better server versions come out I will be hosting my own server for my friends and girlfriend
    Last edited by Gramzngunz : 09-27-2010 at 11:30 AM
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

I am hosting my own server with several people from the #dual-boxing IRC channel and elsewhere playing on it.

PM me for info if you wish to join =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post
    I am hosting my own server with several people from the #dual-boxing IRC channel and elsewhere playing on it.

PM me for info if you wish to join =)

The last I played their were no monsters, and when you logged out you lost or inventory. (that was the real deal breaker for spending a lot of time) Does your server not have these problems?

Thinking more about multiplayer... everyone could just destroy whatever someone else makes if they decide to live in the same area. You'd have to make maps, and then assign "plots" of land to players that they can know where they are allowed to build Then there could be a massive mine where everyone digs. I really want once you get deep enough you can run into a GIANT DEMON* and maybe you'd have to craft some expensive equipment to drive him back into the black dark, or possibly kill him/banish temporarily.

It's also great because you can make your own skins! Look like whatever you want! I want once you get "powerful" enough, by that I mean a large home, lots of materials (don't ask me what determines this, just an idea i'm running with) I want Tunneling monsters to spawn! They should try to sneak in from the bottom/create passages for monsters from the outside.

I just pet my dog, now I want pets in minecraft too! I wanna be able to custom skin them too!

Getting back to point, if your server has monsters and keeps your inventory upon log out I'd log onto your server in my Master Chief skin and help gather some mats and build a small house on the water front Master Chief may by a Halo slayer, but he's also a tree chopping, mine digging addict! lol.

*See: Lord of the Rings, Mines of Moria giant Balrog

EDIT: Then you can sell plots and reserve the MINERAL RIGHTS hahahaha!!!! (sorry, I look up mineral rights in deed chains for a living, it's on my mind haha)
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil: