Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: bot?i think so

Blog Entries

Default bot?i think so

was in stormwind..doing a ui pic for another thread..when came across this 85 shaman..near fountain...was curious and went over..asked him what he was doing..he was jumping about..i thought he was maybe trying to do a wall jump glitch or something..
    but got no answer and after watching him a while ..became clear hes on a path..and looks to me its some sort of anti afk..probly for ah or something..was too good to miss so i recorded it..you can see a short clip here on my stream..below the pic i took..

kind of ironic when we get called bots and here you go.. ..now should i report it or not?..hmmm

http://www.twitch.tv/honeypot2011/b/309990902

I would have personally. It's all up to you tho. If we as boxers get ridiculed for 'botting' then people that get away with using these programs should not get away with it. Besides, wth would be the point in running a bot program like just to stay logged in the game now anyway. With so many servers and fewer players on WoW now, it's not like the old days where it took you hours in line just to connect to the server being stuck in que.

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    I would have personally. It's all up to you tho. If we as boxers get ridiculed for 'botting' then people that get away with using these programs should not get away with it. Besides, wth would be the point in running a bot program like just to stay logged in the game now anyway. With so many servers and fewer players on WoW now, it's not like the old days where it took you hours in line just to connect to the server being stuck in que.
    Still like that on illidan at peak hours.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

While I hate bots, Imagine having to wait 2 hours to play during new expansions and major patches. On Illidan I still get 300 queues randomly.. I can't really blame people for using an auto clicker (not nearly as bad as a bot) to avoid waiting hours to play a game you pay for.

Could have been an anti-afk bot waiting in a BG queue. I've had queues that randomly spike to 10 minutes for some reason...
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Blog Entries

yes could have been waiting in queues for bg...ive tried a few bgs and the queues averaging 18 mins or more..on kilrogg ..that said,level 40 ish bgs..may not be so busy as the higher levels..
    funny though i logged in last night..same place i logged out..and he came on again around 9pm uk time..and he was going round one of the trees in a circle..it was constant and he never disappeared and came back pvp enabled...i was there maybe 30 mins..and then left..so i do not know what it was up to..but there you go..each to there own..ohh i didnt report it..not sure where i stand on the grounds of that..have that feeling of what goes around comes around..
    was just strange to come across it and it would seem its a regular thing ..anyway..there you go

Just simply report him when you are standing near him, the gamemasters can pop to your location and see for themselves.

If he is botting the GM will take care of it, and if he isn't botting there will be no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Just simply report him when you are standing near him, the gamemasters can pop to your location and see for themselves.

If he is botting the GM will take care of it, and if he isn't botting there will be no harm done.
    ^

It's also people like this is the reason why Ques are so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    It's also people like this is the reason why Ques are so bad.
    That seems like poor reasoning to me. If he's set up a simple macro to take a step every now and then to avoid having to re-queue, logically there must have been a queue for him to want to avoid prior to his behavior. Also, I'd have to assume the number of people doing this is a tiny, tiny percentage. The queues are there because a lot of people play WoW.

Calling this boting seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    That seems like poor reasoning to me. If he's set up a simple macro to take a step every now and then to avoid having to re-queue, logically there must have been a queue for him to want to avoid prior to his behavior. Also, I'd have to assume the number of people doing this is a tiny, tiny percentage. The queues are there because a lot of people play WoW.

Calling this boting seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
    This seems like poor reasoning to me. If he's set up any system that allows him to take action in-game without user-input, then by definition he is botting. There is no ambiguity here. Using software to defeat painful mechanics instead of providing feedback to Blizzard about said mechanics also prevents those feedback systems from working, which inconveniences other players doubly: first, by adding players to the queues that may end up unresponsive or, worse, join BGs and then remain AFK, which directly impacts the success of their team; second, by screwing with the queues by causing them to drop legitimate, active players in favor of the tireless bots (first come, first served).

Now, you can argue how many people do this as a percentage but the Law of Unintended Consequences is important to consider as it means the collateral damage from these activities is far greater than their raw participation rates imply.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)