Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default A couple of questions for folks on the PTR

Hello Everyone,

I have attempted several times to download and ply the PTR. Every time I attempt to log in, I get a message that Bliizard is unable to validate the version number, or some garbage like that. I ran the repair program, did everything else they asked, and still can't get the PTR to come up on my PC.

All that being said, I have a couple questions for any of you who could help out, that currently have a toon on the PTR:

1. Have the Frost/Triumph Emblems been converted to Justice Points on the PTR ?

and

2. What are the current prices like for items, compared to the live servers ? EX: How many Justice Points does the Meteor Chaser's Raiments cost ?

Thanks in advance for the answers

1 yes

2 they work about the same though the points are bugged i would not tust them atm.

as for you download probs did you removed the old ptr? before installing the new one??

thanks ebony,

i was just wondering if it would be better to hurry and get any frost / triumph gear NOW, or not worry about the conversion making the purchases harder to get later.

as far as the PTR, this is the first time I have ever tried the PTR, so no previous version ever installed

To be more clear regarding my question about the badge gear. The Meteor Chaser's Raiments right now on live cost 95 Frost Badges. At a 1:1 conversion, based on the info from mmo-champion, it SHOULD cost 261 Justice Points in the new system. Is that the price they have listed at the vendor ?

t10 costs more then the old gear but you can buy it with normal justice points. from the looks of it this is the t9/t10 NPC all itams here cost justice points.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    t10 costs more then the old gear but you can buy it with normal justice points. from the looks of it this is the t9/t10 NPC all itams here cost justice points.

based on that image you need like 400 emblems total to get a piece of gear lmfao.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    based on that image you need like 400 emblems total to get a piece of gear lmfao.
    i think its bugged :P

just trying to get a mixxed group to cast the spell is doing my head pve points are the last thing on my mind :P maybe then i can do a dugnon and find out how many you get a kill

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    i think its bugged :P

just trying to get a mixxed group to cast the spell is doing my head pve points are the last thing on my mind :P maybe then i can do a dugnon and find out how many you get a kill
    Just my thoughts here, but I imagine the inflated price has to do with the fact that all points are consolidated, so one could theoretically grind dungeons to kingdom come to get Tier 10. Chances are Frost badges haven't been tuned appropriately as to how many points they give. Or Blizzard is operating under the assumption that most of the value of Frost badges has inflated away due to most players interested in T10 already having it.

As it is, inflation will affect all tiers (from T7 to T9, even a frozen orb will cost 40 emblems) which is a bit weird. I guess these numbers are placeholder that are to be tuned soon.
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman