Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14
    Blog Entries

Rather then building a macro for dps like these:

/assist Tank
    /cast Something

/cast [target=FocusTarget] Something...

You could go with straight spells for the DPS.
    And a specific key you press for Assist, or FTL Assist or whatever.

That way, whenever you want a target switch, you press the assist macro.
    But until you do, the other toons stay on whatever they have targeted already.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    You will need a lot of buttons to do all that.

I'd just go with /assist and fire 3 hex's at the mob you want to cc, then get back to whatever mob you want to dps, and use an aoe to keep the other 2 on the tank (as you are not dpsing them tank should keep agro I assume if its like EQ). Or you could

/targetenemy
    /cast hex

and hope to hex a bunch of mobs and with luck the one you actually want to cc, heh. One shaman could have /targetenemy 1 so he is sure to get a different target then the other.

Thats not to say you could not set it up as you want but seems just to complex to get 2 extra seconds of dps from two of your dpsers. It wont take long to cast 3 hex on the mob you want to hex and then get back to dpsing.
    That is what I could do right now, but I'm just trying to maximize out my dps (and flexibility).

To give you an idea about the theoretical dps loss in an example: tank does about 5k dps in icc, my shammies while standing still 12k+. So selecting the new target, hit assist, cast hex on all 3 (dumb to blow 3 cooldowns, but even with a round robin hex it takes same cast time), 1 sec+ cast, switch back, hit assist again, and you lose 5 seconds before next spell goes off. Assuming you didn't stop a spell on one of the dps that was being casted, which is very likely due to different haste levels. That is 205k damage i'm missing out on those 5 seconds, whereas if I was to only target switch my tank (to pick up) and 1 dps, i'd lose 85k damage in the same time frame. You can see that in a fight that lasts a couple of minutes this would be a pretty huge loss.

The sticky targetting way and the ability to swtich for an individual toon to an assist focus system would mean a lot in such a fight.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Rather then building a macro for dps like these:

/assist Tank
    /cast Something

/cast [target=FocusTarget] Something...

You could go with straight spells for the DPS.
    And a specific key you press for Assist, or FTL Assist or whatever.

That way, whenever you want a target switch, you press the assist macro.
    But until you do, the other toons stay on whatever they have targeted already.
    To be honest I don't really want to press an extra button (assist) for every mob I want to kill while boxing. In this particular example fight I wouldn't be too bad. But for general use I don't think that is an option for me.

Currently my setup is such that ..
    - they are equal for every team
    - I can swap whatever toon around that i want
    - i can run tank + dps + healer, but as easy run 4 dps and set my focus on my current leader to any tank in the encounter
    - there is no difference for pvp / pve
    - I can play a toon solo without having to swap anything around

Keep in mind that I use a raw key broadcasting script, I don't use any fancy multiboxing software (like isboxer and whatnot). It just sends a keypress to a predefined set of windows. That's just my preferred way of boxing and so far i can say it worked out pretty well.

I shifted away from click / comma macro's and basically play my toons as I would play them solo i.e. cast the spells I want. Every spell is a macro of the form
    /click button1
    /cast Lightning Bolt

Where button1 contains my /assist focus + modifier stuff. So I can just blank out button 1 whenever I want to play solo.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Well then you will need a lot of buttons and a metrodom, or IsBoxer.

What I would do then is make a macro set spicific to the encounter.

For IsBoxer:

Step one (first press of key)

/target lowest priority mob to dps by name
    /target next lowest priority mob to dps by name
    /target highest priortiy mob to dps by name
    /cast dps spell

do not advance to step two for hex duration time (say 20 seconds I dont know what it is) [this is a powerful feature of isboxer you can set it wont advance to step two until the first keypress after the time has expired}

Step two (first press of same key after time expires)

/target mob to hex by name
    /cast hex spell

[if you spend more time you can make some kind of lua if then brach to see if the mob exists and if it dosnt then just do step one}

do not advance back to step one for hex casting time or 1.5 seconds whichever is greater

So you have one key you can spam and the above works for the dps/ccer

The others just have the first step repeated each time the key is pressed. So your encounter is basically one key mash, if you use and you know the exact names of the mobs you will encounter.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 09-15-2010 at 03:02 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!