Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 32

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post
    There will no longer be badges of any kind, they are switching over to an entirely point based system (including buying tier pieces)
    ^ what the muffin guy said

Also, you will be able to convert honor to justice and vice versa to purchase pvp/pve gear.

If you don't care about JP's I could see farming up a bunch of triumph badges on all 5 characters and then converting them into conquest for the gold from the patch

i have
    +1100 triumph
    +4k Stone keeper shards
    +250 WG marks

and 100 frost on Each character

So should i save my Emblems and Stone keeper shards?

So save or spend them...

i have 200k gold at this moment so i dont really need gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmuffinman View Post
    There will no longer be badges of any kind, they are switching over to an entirely point based system (including buying tier pieces)
    But the points are just another name for badges, there has always been a differentiation between what each type of badge can buy, OR will it be simply that the raid tier gear will not be avaialable for points until it is no longer the higher gear level and so giving raiders a gear advantage?

My guess is that a boss in a Cata heroic will give 10 JPs and raid bosses will give... more than that... and WotLK bosses will give 1 JP. That way there's an incentive to do the new content, but old content is still worth *something* also.

It makes sense, at least - they don't want you saving up all your points to instantly get fully geared when you hit 85, especially since you only killed level 80 bosses to get the points.

Quote Originally Posted by baztubox View Post
    i have
    +1100 triumph
    +4k Stone keeper shards
    +250 WG marks

and 100 frost on Each character

So should i save my Emblems and Stone keeper shards?

So save or spend them...

i have 200k gold at this moment so i dont really need gold
    By changing them to raw gems and sell them, on my realm this would mean:

- 6k+ from triumph badges
    - 3k from stone keeper shards
    - 500g from wg marks
    - 5k from frosts

if you cut the gems yourself you make 20-30% more, easily
    if you use the primordial saronite to craft stuff even more
    if you buy orbs with triumph same deal
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

So then based on that, the cap they impliment may be just enough to get one piece of the next tier level items. So stockpiling trimph/frost badges might not be that worthwhile.
    Current badges may simply be of so much less value vs the time it will take to get the points in the expansion.
    Downgrading, as suggested above, to Concquest badges might be the better idea to just acrue some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    So then based on that, the cap they impliment may be just enough to get one piece of the next tier level items. So stockpiling trimph/frost badges might not be that worthwhile.
    Current badges may simply be of so much less value vs the time it will take to get the points in the expansion.
    Downgrading, as suggested above, to Concquest badges might be the better idea to just acrue some gold.
    is the gold conversion rate stated somewhere? you might still be better off selling now rather than waiting for a 10silver per triumph conversion
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    is the gold conversion rate stated somewhere? you might still be better off selling now rather than waiting for a 10silver per triumph conversion
    Cataclysm Honor And Currency Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    oh, sweet thanks
    .[I