Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Action bar paging: confused

So far I always assumed there were 2 variations on the main actionbar (1). Since the default interface offers an arrow up and down to circle through them. Never questioned why that was, or why the other bars didn't have it. Pretty dumb I know, but still I was using bartender, 10 bars and that has served me well. However I completely changed my setup over the weekend, and i figured when I would toggle the alternative version of action bar1 (with bartender active), I just displays a copy of bar2 (in bartender).

So basically bar2 in bartender is a page version of actionbar1. Now in bartender each actionbar seems to have it's own page (bartender, bar1, state configuration tab).

This is really confusing me, so can either anyone explain this to me, or can anyone put me to a detailed description of how this stuff works. I feel like I'm missing out on a couple of abilities right now that would serve me well (*)

Thanks

(*) I basically run with bar 1 to bar 10 enabled (bartender) on each toon. However I like to play my toons solo now and then. So all their main abilities are keybound to 1-10 on the main actionbar, both for tank and for dps / heals. Obviously i don't want my filthy shamans to cast flameshock when I pull with avengers shield. So what I'm trying to achieve is just 2 versions of actionbar 1. Main state with all spells enabled, alternate state almost empty so I can run it while boxing

Note: if my explanation ain't clear enough, i'll be happy to take some screenies to show what I mean.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

nvm solved i guess

I was under the impression there were 10 default action bars, who each could have an alternative version, (so actually 20 bars). But that turns out to be wrong. I'll have to change the page for bar1 to bar9 on the toons i want to have an empty bar while boxing. Shouldn't be too hard at all.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

there are up to 120 buttons saved server side, usually spread on 10 bars of 12 buttons each.
    In the default UI, there are the 6 pages of the main bar (clicking the arrows only gives you the first 2, the full 6 is accessed with the various action bar page keybindings), and the other 6 that are enabled through the interface menu.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

wouldn't that add up to (6+6)*12 = 144 buttons total

If I remember correctly, up to these 6 hidden pages are also internally used to manage the various bars related to each form of the druid, stealth mode of the rogue, shadow form of the priest and so on. So if you play a druid you only get one 'extra' bar to play with.
    Dualboxing on a computer running Linux & MoW.
    EU-Uldaman