Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Finally back..

Default Finally back..

As the titel says, im back to boxing wow after almost a year of absence.

The closer to Cataclysm the more itching in my fingers, so i built a new rigg 2 weeks ago and have now RAFed/granted 4 new sets of toons.

I have never played Alliance so i figured i give that a go before they change the content and so on. (might move my old Hord chars to these accounts not sure)

Im having a blast with this again, its like a new game in many ways.

I have a question to you I7 users, what temp you usually have on the processor?
    Some posts i found with google are saying I7 have a higher temp and some says its not like that..
    Im usually seeing about 48-52C. (i have seen it up to 63C but added a second case fan)
    On my old AMD Phenom q4 i never was over 42C.
    Should i try find a better cooling solution? (have the standard block/fan) or is it nothing to worry about?

//Sebastian

/Edit.. my god i have a hard time spelling in English now days. Go easy on me..
    Last edited by Tight : 09-13-2010 at 08:33 AM
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

Your temps are inline with what my coretemp shows. If I load test, it will run in the 60's but steady. When logging in 5 accounts with addons it will show low 50's then drop to the 40's. I use this heatsink as it blows on the north and south bridge as well.

I wouldn't worry at all.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

When doing extreme OC'ing and doing torture tests I have pushed 90 degrees. Needless to say it only survives for about 5 minutes.
    I wouldn't say its perfectly-stable but I can OC to 3.8Ghz and keep a nice overall temperutre to 64 ish. My main problem is voltages not temperature.

well thats good to know.
    Thank you guys very much.
    Playing Hord on FrostWhisper - EU at the moment.

Oh yeah, Welcome back and keep having fun!!
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance