Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Why do you Mulit-Box

I am just getting an Idea on why we all Multi-box, I have read the forms and come across many reasons such as

Don't have to depend on others
    more challenging
    Just enjoy it

I multi box because I find it to be enjoyable, more challenging, and just something to do during down times

Please post why you Mulit-Box?
    5x Druid - Norgannon PvE US - Horde

I started so I could do old school dungeons a lot easier tbh. Then it just became fun to play constantly.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Started boxing to help level and gear up a new second toon on another account...

Later I wanted to level another toon... figured if I was levelling two toons with RAF I might as well do 3... and battlechest was on special after all... two days later I went back and got 2 more copies... If your going to level 3 toons you might as well do 5... and the 5xWOTLK... after all.. it was on special too... Now i 5 box.
    I wasn’t sure if I was going to transfer the toons and just keep 2-3 accounts active once levelled, but since reading all the posts on here I’m going to keep them active till I get bored of it.

So for me it’s.....
    -the challenge,
    - what it allows me to do, (run Heroics by myself etc)
    -and I also hope to actually make use of multi toons to make it easier to get gold (or more time efficient)

The challenge.
    To have more to do in WoW while still not needing as much time (ie I can do my daily heroic on 5 characters at once, rather than try and maintain 2 geared alts and need double the time if I single boxed).
    It's great fun.
    I can AFK anytime I want and nobody gets mad. (I have a family, kids).
    To look at old raids/content/rep farm whatever I choose to do more efficiently.
    TO make a real difference in battlegrounds/WG rather than get frustrated at the randomness of other people.

I do not solo mbox though. I regularly raid on my 'main', my Paladin and still enjoy all the social aspects of the game just not the 5 man ones.

There was a thread like this a week ago.

I box to PNAD

Atm though I am trying to figure out what I want to play in cata., who knows maybe it will only take 1 character again instead of 2/3/x/x

I only box pvp/ always solo pve /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    The challenge.
    I can AFK anytime I want and nobody gets mad. (I have a family, kids).
    I love being able to go AFK when I want when doing a Heroic! It's so awesome. Can do it as quick or as slow as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Slats View Post
    The challenge.
    I do not solo mbox though. I regularly raid on my 'main', my Paladin and still enjoy all the social aspects of the game just not the 5 man ones.
    Random Heroics sorta killed a lot of the fun of 5 mans, met a number of ppl on my friends lists on my server from running Heroics with em.

I almost wonder if they shouldn't make it so it takes ppl from ones own server before others or something. No doubt the game will eventually get to the point where you can run instances\raids with friends on other servers specificially anyway.

Hearing about Xzin got me started.

Then I started drinking Gatorade and wanted to be like Aellie after watching his videos.

Which I'm still working on.
    Last edited by smokebum : 09-12-2010 at 08:20 PM
    Duelist title in S4 boxing 5 shamans
    Duelist title in S8 boxing 4 shamans + priest

The Challenge, wow is incredibly easy, boxing makes it a bit more of a challenge, and I loved learning about HKN and macros, lots of time spent before I even started playing!