Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

I think paladin raiding = boring as hell. You can spam 1 button as prot and basically spam holy light as holy. Ret you have some form of randomness so they aren't too bad.

I'd go with a DK or Warrior tank or Priest/Druid healer even though healing is like wack-a-mole /yawn

I solo raided for a while just to help friends out with some roles they needed filled.

I'll tell you its alot less stressful. You will miss it if you pvp though thats for sure. I'm excited about the new battlegrounds and the combining of realms to make ques faster. No way am i going to stop multiboxing!!! atleast for now

Rated Arena Member

I have been thinking about this alot as well. It makes me a bit butt hurt because I love boxing so much but meh. Anyway Here is what im between..

DK Tank/DPS

Druid Heal/ Caster (because They can share gear pretty effectivly)

Make a new Priest and check out all of the new 1-85 content in one fell swoop. (same as the druid on sharing gear for the most part.)

As a Boxer I also have a Pally which meh sounds ok but they seem spam happy to me TBH.
    Also a shaman but besides healing rain im not like OMG AWESOME

Ill be honest though im not sure how happy I am about leveling a new character /wrists.
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

I box for pvp purposes only. With the changes to arena/pvp gear(no pr) and BGs(all gear access) in general the benefits I saw in boxing will be diminished.

I hate healing, its the suck. Plus my wife is always the healer in pve and I only solo box pve. :P

I enjoy certain classes in pvp and pve. I will mostly just play those.

If anything I will at most box 2, so I can still do 2v2 in cata.

Edit: Also, for me there are a couple of extra bonuses. I dont get any hate in bgs when only boxing 2 and I am doing the same thing as 5s boxers are. I am boxing Dlock+eleSham while I grab another person for heals(druid in this case) and playing LSD is alot of fun. So its the x4+ another person in 5s that most boxers play but on a smaller scale. However, if you do box pve also I would see the benefit of 5.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 09-16-2010 at 01:36 PM

I started my own guild awhile back and was 4 boxing shamans in ICC 10 and we got to sindragosa, but around that time I merged with another friends guild so now we had lots of people we were running 3-4 full clear 10man grps a week an ICC 25. So I was just playing my hunter or main shaman in the 10man grps and running 25man 4-5boxing, and it worked out well.

I've been multi-boxing since everquest I don't really see myself completely quitting multi-boxing. I think boxing will still be viable in cata, but it will just be diff. With 10man and 25man raids dropping the same gear that motivates me to stay 4 boxing 10mans, but I haven't seen the fight mechanics yet to know if that's fully possible.

If I do go back to 1 char my toss up is between Lock/Sham/Hunt/Rogue.

Rated Arena Member

Am I missing something why are a ton of people suggesting Mages.... Whats so amazing about them in cata?
    Earth,Winde,Fire,Water,Heart
    5 Box Shaman Team.
    Earth (prot pally)

Castiel DK
    Gabriel Uriel Michael Raphael Ret Pallies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info....=Div%C3%ACnity

Food/ Ports / Lust / Leet dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    i think i might only solo play Cata for a little while (couple months) and pretty much asked myself the same question.
    To me the answer was quasi-immediate: i'll solo play my Paladin because:
    - it can fill any role well
    - it will probably level prot anyway, and fast groups is great
    - it's the one i currently have done most achievements on/focused most on
    - last but not least: When I come back to boxing cata (you know you will) i'll have a geared tank to boost my other toons. And god knows how everything gets easier when the tank is well geared.

I'm doing the same thing here as Zub. Pally has always been my favorite class and since they're still gonna be good for tanking in Cata, I'll work more on him. So far I haven't run ICC or any 10s yet, but he's the best geared toon I have. Atleast once I start back up boxing, my dps/healer won't pull aggro so easily. Hopefully Holy Pally will be better at group heals too so I can stick with my all pally team. Druid is second best imo for another candidate since they can fill out every role. Respecing would be a pain tho.

Default Shammy

I'm completely hooked on my Shaman(s), even though their itemization was totally borked in LK. I have faith (*gulp*) in Blizzard to rectify that in Cata, so I'll likely stick to my Enh/Resto combination.

im already playing my paladin solo and have been for a while now. He is tank/dps. Both specs are all icc 25 level gear and a few 25man heroic items. He can solo some of the normal 5 man heroics. There are a few bosses that are impossable due to mechanics like Kelseths iceblock etc. You are frozen the entire fight and just die. basically he is now where he can solo what used to take a full group.