Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Plan

Default The Plan

<Insert Evil Laughter Here>

I've decided to purchase 4 new vanila wow accounts and link them to my old expired battlechest accounts and attempt to create a full collection of 60's via the RAF bonus before Cataclysm comes out.

I've also thought about creating and sharing my macros and maybe frapsing some of the instances as I power level my squads threw them, would any of that be useful to fellow boxers or is everyone pretty much a master at this point ? I'd hate to waste time doing stuff nobody would look at.

Im addicted to boxing, i've had so many hours of fun just pvping with my druids and wandering into alliance controlled zones and dancing with strangers, i can only image the insanity I will have once I level up one of everything to complete the madness.

I will update this a bit later to track progress

If you have the desire to share your stuff or make movies, it will help someone for sure. You may not find out about it or how it helped them, but it will help someone...

Sure, at this stage in the game it might help someone. The rumored date for Cataclysm's release is November 18th-ish, which is just over 2 months away. It would be a pity to put in all of that hard work and have it not mean a damn thing when Cataclysm launched. This is exactly the reason why I'm holding off.

But then again, rumors are wrong at times; it is just a rumor after all. Cataclysm may be pushed back as BC was pushed back until early 2011 giving your videos and tutorials an extended life. Either way, when Cataclysm hits they will most likely be useless.

Are you going to twink at 60? If so... join the club :P
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

The Plan Update,

At present count I have 8 WOW battlechest accounts I've purchased and played on..now If I purchase 4 more vanila wow accounts and RAF them together in the following way, does anyone see any issues with this ?

Battlechest1 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow1
    Battlechest2 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow2
    Battlechest3 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow3
    Battlechest4 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow4

Now to use my Main 8 and powerlevel I have to break these teams into 2 groups and level them in stages

Powerlevel team 1
    Main +
    Battlechest1 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow1
    Battlechest2 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow2

Powerlevel team 2
    Main+
    Battlechest3 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow3
    Battlechest4 account -> RAF'ed to -> VanilaWow4

All toons on the Vanila Wow accounts are throwaways, I just want to use the triple xp bonus well grouped, and create 9 groups of 4 Toons across all BattleChest accounts. At 100.00 for new vanilla wow boxes this looked like my cheapest way to get use out of my old battlechest accounts I had laying around..does anyone see any problems with this, or have better suggestions ?

Is it possible to powerlevel groups of alts in a Raid without losing tooo much XP ? typically this is my power level plan, Level to 12 in newbie area via quests, takes about 10-30 minutes usually.

Then head to Orgimar for Ragefire chasm Instance till lvl 20
    Silverpine Forest for Werewolf instance till 25
    SM from 25 to 35
    ZullFurak from 35-45
    Scholo from 45-60

Usually takes me about 3 nights per team at 3-4 hours played per night to do this..dont quote me on this going from memory, I just use my druid tank to pull and demolish everything and let the XP roll in.
    Last edited by Alptraum : 09-14-2010 at 01:05 PM

You cannot exp in raid period.

If you chain a-b-c-d-e

You can do 4 toons to level 30 and then 2 of those to level 60 and with one transfer get 5 toons level 60 out of that. Not sure if that is applicable in your case though.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 09-14-2010 at 02:10 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

OK didnt think Raid was an option, hence why I asked, thanks Sam.

I cant chain them together, i've already activated the battlechests accounts so they can't be recruited again for raf..but they can current recruit others (the vanalia wow accounts) to share in the triple xp. I can only level 2+2 throw aways at a time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    You cannot exp in raid period.

If you chain a-b-c-d-e

You can do 4 toons to level 30 and then 2 of those to level 60 and with one transfer get 5 toons level 60 out of that. Not sure if that is applicable in your case though.
    I

Farming AQ40 for lvl 60 pvp twinks FTW

I hope you aren't planning to transfer them to the other accounts when you are done, unless your battlechest accounts are also only vanilla. Since lvl 60 twinking requires the character to be on a vanilla account so they'll stay at 60 without getting more xp or needing to turn off xp and get locked away in the no xp bracket that never plays.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I've no plans to transfer anything over, Im just using the 4 accounts to raf up my battlechest accounts with..then they are disposable..or i suppose i could keep them around and attempt 10 boxing.