Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 72 hour ban

Default 72 hour ban

Just got back into multiboxing over the last month. Set up ISBoxer + Input Director with two computers, thanks to the nice people here. Those are the only two programs I use, besides the Jamba addon. They're all quite innovative. I used keyclone when it was in alpha testing stage to get my 5 shamans to 65 back in the day, and was more worried about a ban then than I am now.

I stopped using the ISBoxer setup last week. Now I play the paladin(booster) on 1 computer, wife plays on another, and my druid tags along on a 3rd computer that I share/control my mouse/keyboard with Input Director, which is found in the software forum of this site. Occasionally, I'll mouse over to the druid to keep follow, heal, trade etc.

Logged in a few hours ago to find the password doesn't work. Eww. Got an email saying my battle.net password has been reset from blizzard. I was thinking account hack at first, but I reset it no problem. Turns out the main account with the booster pally is suspended, and the other 4 are fine.

So I call Blizz, and they say it's because of third party software. The rep said she can't tell me anything more, except to have an account admin email me.

What really gets me is if they had a problem with this setup, what's the logic behind suspending one account and not all 5? They all use the same WoW folder, same addons. When I stopped 5 boxing, the only thing that changed was that I didn't load ISBoxer. In the last week, I had my druid follow my wife, and she follows me through instances for boosting. Can't see what's wrong with that. Wife is on a 6th and separate account.

Besides being disappointed, I am somewhat amused they decided to do this right after my paladin hit 80.

Has this happened to anyone here? I've searched and seen some threads about bans for economy exploitation, language, etc. Of course, I fired off another email to wow account admin, but who knows where that will lead. I'm fairly confident my setup is on the up and up.

Any comments/advice? Thanks.

Someone else got a 72h ban too.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=31900

Hopefully not an indication of things to come. I tend to try to hide my multi boxing to some extent, having a mixed team helps with that. Don't want people mistaking botting for boxing! Had fair few random ppl see me questing and coming over and asking if botting or multi boxing. One qu or the other. Once I say multi boxing they tend to go about their business unless they don't know what it is. Seems most just want to ensure someone isn't botting or they would report, at least that's the impression they give me if they get an answer and move on.

I usually wave to any randoms i run into when questing too.

Sry none of this is useful, i'm just bored at work.

This does seem a bit wrong. Please do keep us updated as when you receive a response from the admin through email.

It's impossible for ANYONE to play WoW without third party software, because then you wouldn't be allowed to use your graphic adapter software, mouse software etc.

Also in my opinion I think many are exaggerating in their fear of bots and keeps reporting everything they see which (according to them) isn't "normal"...

If however Blizzard ever would change their policy regarding multiboxing and make it illegal, I will most likely quit. All the time, money and effort I put into all my chars is the main reason for me to stay "forever" in WoW and not being interested in other mmorpgs at all. I'm e.g. a huge Star Wars fan but still feel no desire to try the upcoming SW-MMORPG due to my WoW-multiboxing.

But I don't think we need to worry. When adding several accounts into bnet you must swear only you and no one else uses it, so why allow several wow-accounts into the same personal account if multiboxing aren't supposed to be permenantly allowed?
    In fact, if they ever would change their rules players with more than one account should be entitled to refunds since we've been misled.
    Last edited by valle2000 : 09-10-2010 at 09:00 AM Reason: added last part
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Smile

The account was restored this morning. Here is the email I received.

Greetings,

We have restored access and reset the password of the World of Warcraft account XXXXXXX; you should receive instructions on how to reset your password in separate email shortly after this response. Click the link in that e-mail to complete the password retrieval process.

Important: In order to prevent a repeat compromise; once you have regained access to your account, please change your email address to a new address via Battle.net account management.

Since the password reset email will be coming from noreply@blizzard.com, please ensure that any email filters are set up to accept this message. If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your email provider. If you cannot locate the email you should check any spam or junk folders in case the message has been filtered out. Troubleshooting tips on how to remove email filters from specific email providers can be found at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21051.

If you are still unable to locate the email containing your new password, please contact us using this form: http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform-us.xml.

After logging in, if you notice any items, gold, or anything else missing from a character on this account, please submit an in-game petition. A Game Master will contact you as soon as possible to help resolve the issue. Please note that the Account Administration department is unable to assist players in the restoration of missing items.

We encourage you to keep the following security tips in mind when playing World of Warcraft on any computer:

- Keep your login information confidential. Account access can only be shared with one minor of whom you are the parent or guardian. Sharing access with anyone else is a violation of the game's Terms of Use. You are also responsible for every use of an account on which you are listed as the registered player, whether the use was authorized or not.
    - Use up-to-date firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware software to scan your system regularly for viruses, Trojans, and key-loggers.
    - Keep your operating system and other software up-to-date and be careful when downloading new software.
    - Be wary of "spoof" and scam websites and e-mails that pose as Blizzard Entertainment and request account or personal information. As a reminder, Blizzard Entertainment representatives will *never* ask you for your password.
    - Use separate, unique passwords for your email, World of Warcraft, and any other online accounts.
    - Change your passwords regularly and keep World of Warcraft account information updated using the Account Management page at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/.

Additionally, we recommend following the http://us.battle.net/security/checklist.html on our Account Security site at http://us.battle.net/security/index.html

If you are looking for an added layer of security, we currently offer the Battle.net Authenticator, an optional device that can help prevent unauthorized account access. For more information about how the Authenticator works or how to add one to a World of Warcraft account, please visit the Battle.net Authenticator FAQ at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/24660.

Feel free to contact us at wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com with any further questions you may have.

Regards,

Game Master Ghalthuul
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com\support

This email implies that I was hacked, which is at odds with what I was told on the phone. And why would 1 account out of 5 be affected? Weird. Either way, I'm happy again.

Then my guess is some idiot reported you for botting and a GM incorrectly believed him.
    And instead of admit they made a mistake they pretend you were hacked.
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

regardless, glad you got your account back

Unpossible! It are an inside yob!

(see what I did there?)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Tell em you lost about 50,000 gold and your shadowfury.. Or shadowmourne or whatever it is